west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6402
That is true, I have read in a few different places that motion lights are not very effective. They usually assist the criminal. Most neighbors do not pay attention or are unwilling to get involved. So if you do not notice the light, it does you no good.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6402

dead_rac00n wrote:

Chances are that the rapist has moved because he might be aware that he's searched after. And even if he's still around, you're not the only person with wife and kids on earth. The odds that he would go after your family are quite inexistant. You'd have more chances to win the lottery than to have someone attack your family. You see too much movies.
The best odds you have to have something happen is to keep a gun at home.
A criminal is just passing by. On the other hand, a gun doesn't move. It's in your house waiting to be discovered. Then something really bad can happen.
I understand your concern about protecting your family, being a father myself. But the other thing I'm learning everyday is that kids have the knack of finding anything you want to hide.
The odds that your kids find the gun are MUCH higher than those of someone attacking your family.
Up to you..
If you are a bad parent then yes you are correct the odds are higher. A firearm should be stored in a safe or on your person. Not hiding somewhere. I personally know two people who came in contact with a rapist in their house and two others who were raped by someone at random. I'm sure we all know someone who was raped, they just didn't tell you about it. Many rapes are not reported. The odds are higher than you think. I only know one who won the lottery and it was 100k before taxes, so not even the big one. Just because you don't read about it in the paper or see it on the news doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6718
The reason that these things are not regularly reported in the news is that they are very common occurances.  While it is unlikely to happen, it is much more likely to happen than you winning the lottery.
ronmexico86
+2|6395
Since you've already suggested she keep her cell phone with her at all times, have her put in the number of the local police station, instead of just dialing 911. Dialing 911 from a cell phone goes to a different dispatcher than a home phone, and it may possibly add at least a few minutes to the police response to the call. Just another idea, good luck.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6853|Cologne, Germany

west-phoenix-az wrote:

That is true, I have read in a few different places that motion lights are not very effective. They usually assist the criminal. Most neighbors do not pay attention or are unwilling to get involved. So if you do not notice the light, it does you no good.
well, you'd of course have to make sure you are being notified once the lights go on. Ideally, the sensor would be attached to the house alarm system, and would automatically go on once the alarm is triggered, for example by a burglar tryiing to open a window.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6697|United States of America

B.Schuss wrote:

west-phoenix-az wrote:

well, you'd of course have to make sure you are being notified once the lights go on. Ideally, the sensor would be attached to the house alarm system, and would automatically go on once the alarm is triggered, for example by a burglar tryiing to open a window.
... and then comes the guillotine hidden in the window frame right?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard