nating75
+0|6795
After killing someone who attempts to knife me with my gun. I don't understand why people try to humiliate other people by knifing. If someone is that easy to kill then just do it. You hurt the team by making an unsuccesful kniving attempt on an easy target (2 ticket swing).

I'm not saying I've never been knifed, but I've caught more people than I can count trying to knife me and I put them down. If someone's going to use a knife, I'm going to use a bigger weapon. I may feel a little dirty aftwards, but I lived.

Leave "Humiliation" in Quake and kill the guy will ya?

Last edited by nating75 (2005-12-11 20:38:08)

tthf
Member 5307
+210|6776|06-01
maybe they were going for their knife badges????
mbolton2005
+0|6738|Wherever I may roam

tthf wrote:

Exactly.  Unfortunately, EA set up the game in such a way that knife kills are actually important to get.  Of the knife kills that I've ever done, I can only think one or two occasions where I was doing to "show off" or whatever.  I'd be surprised if most people are doing knife kills just for kicks. 

Now if you're talking about killing someone with the defib (shock paddles), that's another story...
RKF77
+1|6769

mbolton2005 wrote:

Exactly.  Unfortunately, EA set up the game in such a way that knife kills are actually important to get.
Only to some people.
mbolton2005
+0|6738|Wherever I may roam

RKF77 wrote:

mbolton2005 wrote:

Exactly.  Unfortunately, EA set up the game in such a way that knife kills are actually important to get.
Only to some people.
Agreed.  But I don't think it's a correct to assume that a person's M.O. is to "humiliate" their opponent when they attempt a knife kill.  That's all I'm saying.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6770|Toronto, ON
Yawn.
Alpha as fuck.
AFlyingNun
+0|6738

mbolton2005 wrote:

RKF77 wrote:

mbolton2005 wrote:

Only to some people.
Agreed.  But I don't think it's a correct to assume that a person's M.O. is to "humiliate" their opponent when they attempt a knife kill.  That's all I'm saying.
Yeah. I have a screw-off account I recently made called 'GrandmasButterKnife' that I made to use the knife only. It's only for fun, not to humiliate.

And you wouldn't believe how many teamkills arise from a dude with a knife running into a crowd of eight people. XD
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6793|Noizyland

I went for my knife badges again today. I found myself behind four people who were blissfully unaware of my presence, and stationary. I killed two, before my computer decided that it was the perfect time for a "Connection Problem."
Everyone on the roof who was still alive still managed to stay blissfully unaware of my presence, but unfortunatly they left, so instead of getting four easy knife kills, I got two.
Here's another gut-wrencher. I was again trying for my knife badge, and was going fairly well. I had just secured three easy knife kills in a row, making my total for that map four, with plenty of tickets to go.
Again my computer decided to give me a connection problem, this tme it would force me to leave the server.

AAAAAAUUUGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I wasn't having a very good game, so I'll try again on Thursday when I next go into town.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
OUROBOROS
+0|6776
knife is a good weapon. it a silent kill compared to a gun going off. if i hear a gun and a guy dying near by i know theres a fight to watch out for. if i just hear a guy die. it could be any reason. mayby he jumped off of something and killed himself.

theres been many a time ive knifed someone and grabbed a base as all his buddies run away to the next base none the wiser. then the guy spawns and then comes for me. thats when i shoot him down first and tell him to "Halt!" after.
nating75
+0|6795

AFlyingNun wrote:

And you wouldn't believe how many teamkills arise from a dude with a knife running into a crowd of eight people. XD
That's funny I can imagine with all the crossfire.
nating75
+0|6795

tthf wrote:

I understand going for your knife badge. But, usually when someone is going for their knife badges don't they usually jump into a crowd of enemies. I don't know that people look for that loan gunman in order to get their knify. Correct me if I'm wrong.
nating75
+0|6795

Nyte wrote:

Yawn.
You're a kniver... Don't you think it's a bit selfish to waste a kill by getting caught? Especially, when you usually play as sniper with a silenced weapon.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6776|06-01

nating75 wrote:

tthf wrote:

I understand going for your knife badge. But, usually when someone is going for their knife badges don't they usually jump into a crowd of enemies. I don't know that people look for that loan gunman in order to get their knify. Correct me if I'm wrong.
well, when i got my basic knife, i had to sneak up behind enemy snipers etc with their attention focused on something else then shank them from behind.
when i tried running up to them when they knew i was a coming, i usually got a faceful of lead. as you can imagine, i quickly gave up the tactic of rushing an opponent head on with a knife while they have a bloody nubetoob, pkm even pistol in hand.

very rarely will you find an opponent that will take out their own knife when you have yours out. my number of pistol/ knife deaths are a testament to that.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6776|06-01

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

I have a strong sense of sportsmanship.

If I catch someone trying to knife me, or see them pull out a knife with nobody else around, I will take mine out... and we will dance.
we should have a go, although i am not very good at all, i do enjoy a good knife fight.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6739|Sydney, Australia
Whenever I use my knife im trying (still trying...) to get my BASIC knife badge (same goes with pistol). Its weird cause the game ALWAYS ends when I have 4 pistol or 6 knife kills.

For those on about using the knive to humilliate someone, I guess you never have been Defibrillated. Thats pretty humilliating...

I have only used the knife 2 times in humilliation. I was playing Wake, and was on the small USA spawn island. These 2 chinese retards were swiming to the island. Should I use my sniper rifle to place a round between their eyes? NO...

Instead I waded into the water and waited for them to come to puppa. The 1st guy came and was knived, then the second guy come but tried to get around me, for he didnt want to suffer the same fate. But, it was to be, with me using my knife to gouge out part of his back as he made his glory dash up the beach.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6776|06-01

mcminty wrote:

I have only used the knife 2 times in humilliation. I was playing Wake, and was on the small USA spawn island. These 2 chinese retards were swiming to the island. Should I use my sniper rifle to place a round between their eyes? NO...

Instead I waded into the water and waited for them to come to puppa. The 1st guy came and was knived, then the second guy come but tried to get around me, for he didnt want to suffer the same fate. But, it was to be, with me using my knife to gouge out part of his back as he made his glory dash up the beach.
THAT is pretty damn funny........and kinda humiliating. feel a tad sorry for them, er not really.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6793|Noizyland

I've only used my knife once to humiliate someone. Otherwise it's just been an oblivious player who I happened to be behind, or me trying to get my Basic and Veteran knife badges.

I love my pistol! It is my best friend, (in gun terms,) and once helped me take out most an army. I was marrooned at a heavily used enemy base, and was able to take out so many people with my silenced pistol. I got my Veteran badge that time, but I love using the pistol anyway.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6769|Derby, England
The knife badge is important because it is a prerequisite for getting your first seargeant rank. It's probably why people try to get it.

I agree that knifing someone is the best silent option - dont give your position away (the same principle as people who shoot guns at tanks, then wonder why they get a face full of lead). Add into the mix that it saves you ammo, and it's a great weapon.

@tthf: I've only ever once encoutered someone else who pulled out a knife when I approached them with my knife. Most people just mow you down. I salute your sportsmanship, sir
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6776|06-01

Thanatos247 wrote:

The knife badge is important because it is a prerequisite for getting your first seargeant rank. It's probably why people try to get it.

I agree that knifing someone is the best silent option - dont give your position away (the same principle as people who shoot guns at tanks, then wonder why they get a face full of lead). Add into the mix that it saves you ammo, and it's a great weapon.

@tthf: I've only ever once encoutered someone else who pulled out a knife when I approached them with my knife. Most people just mow you down. I salute your sportsmanship, sir
errrr.. it was <{SoE}>Agamemnar who said that he would pull out a knife when he saw someone else do so.
but i do like a knife fight myself.
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6769|Derby, England
Lol, oops sorry. It's early in the morning, and I got about four hours sleep last night. Yeah, my bad. So I revoke my saulte until I meet you online and you pull out a knife.

ha ha, I'm so knackered it's untrue. I need to stop playing this game!
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6776|06-01
hey no worries man.

i am just passing time at work. cant wait to get online and play in about 3 hours time.
if ya come at me with a knife, i will meet you with mine............maybe. j/k

Last edited by tthf (2005-12-12 01:22:40)

deject
Got His War On
+37|6792|Golden, CO
I take knife kills wherever I can.  Sometimes I get overzealous.  Normally, I just shoot them because I'm not stealthy enough.
WDA_robrugby3003
+0|6730
Knife badges are easy enought to get look at a few of us who have posted we have our EXPERT KNIFE badge
FourStars
+1|6757|Australia
nating, let the dudes go for their badges, just because u dont care much for em doesnt mean others dont.
remember its just a game, have fun and stop sooking about your precious tickets

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard