maverick749
+2|6346|New England
Theres two questions there. So I just upgrade to a D-link DGL 4100 gaming router but it didn't improve my BF2 ping at all. It made it much worse because im getting random mouse jerks every 10-20 sec. Before I was using a cheap router and never had this issue. My ping stays at a constant 30 which make me belive its not the router so what could it be? I checked for spyware/viruses and was clean. Could not defraging be the cause of these mouse jerks?

For the snipe scope when most of the time when I zoom it jerks. How do you fix this and is normal to get this?
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6647|Keyboard
What makes you think that a router can improve your ping if you still have the same speed connection?
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6321|New Haven, CT
What are your computer specifications (processor, video card, ect.)?
JG1567JG
+110|6585|United States of America
What spyware program do you use?

Webroot spysweeper used to cause me a lot of lag when I only had 1.5 gb of ram.  I upgraded to 2 gb of ram and now it only causes minor lag.  I uninstall my spysweeper when I want to play and reinstall if I'm going to be surfing the net.

Last edited by JG1567JG (2007-05-13 21:52:29)

13rin
+977|6476

maverick749 wrote:

Theres two questions there. So I just upgrade to a D-link DGL 4100 gaming router but it didn't improve my BF2 ping at all. It made it much worse because im getting random mouse jerks every 10-20 sec. Before I was using a cheap router and never had this issue. My ping stays at a constant 30 which make me belive its not the router so what could it be? I checked for spyware/viruses and was clean. Could not defraging be the cause of these mouse jerks?

For the snipe scope when most of the time when I zoom it jerks. How do you fix this and is normal to get this?
Routers suck -just plug it straight out of the wall to the computer.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6675|Middle of nowhere
what's wrong with 30 ping? lol
AlienWrath2121
+7|6309|Behind you with a large rifle
Check background applications.  If your lagging when you attempt to zoom it's more likely because your taxing your processor then something to do with your connection(ping).
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6562|Area 51
That jerkyness has to do with Battlefield 2 believe. As I can play BF2 maxed out with about 60 FPS on a 40 man server. And allways end up with weird movements which I didn't make myself just because the game has coded me to lie down for a certain amount of time and I'm just moving faster, so its jerky as hell from time to time.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard