Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6765|Dallas
I do tech support for a certain hospital (that will be not be named) in a state in the east U.S. (which also will not be named).  Some of these people......Jesus Christ.

We have a network outage, so we put a front end message up saying "The network is currently down.  This will affect ALL programs, databases and applications including e-mail, webmail and the internet.  You will not be able to use these resources until the problem is resolved."

1st call:

Them: Uhh yeah, this is Joe Snuffy, I heard something on the front end about the network being down but I;m not able to get into my e-mail.

Me:The network is down.

Them: Right, but this is an e-mail problem.

Me: Your e-mail is part of the network, which is not working right now.

Them: So I can't view e-mail?

Me: No, the network is down.

Them: So, what exactly is the problem?

Me: The network is down.

Them: Is there anyway I can fix it from my end?

Me: Not unless you know how to troubleshoot a server and/or find the dead node on the network.

Them: *click*

2nd Call:

Them: Hi, this is Bob Snuffy, I can't get into my ---- database.

Them: Ok, I'll try a restart and call you back.

Me: No, the network is down, don't restart your...

Them: *click*

3rd Call:

Them: WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MY E-MAIL!?

Them: I NEED MY E-MAIL, I AM A VERY IMPORTANT PERSON AND I NEED MY E-MAIL NOW!

Me: I understand, but this is a problem with the entire network, not with your specific e-mail.

Them: BUT THIS IS A SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCE, I CAN'T DO MY JOB!  I NEED PRIORITY ON THIS!

Me: It's not special to you, this affects everyone.  We can't bring you up until we bring everyone else up.

Them: I WANT MY NETWORK TO COME BACK BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE'S OR ELSE I WILL CALL THE DIRECTOR OF IT AND FILE A COMPLAINT.

Me: Ok.  I will make this a priority ticket, then when we bring the network up, I will make sure that your internet appears before everyone else's. 

Them: Ok, thats more like it.  I don't mean to be a jerk but I am special,  I need my internets before everyone else because I have very important work to do. 

Me: I understand.  I will make sure your internets come back first.

Them:  Ohh and Bluetooth doesn't work either.

Me:  I'll make sure they bring your telephone network back up first too.

Them: Ok!

Me: Bye!

*click*

Me: Jackass.

Call 4:

Them:(Extremly thick Russian accent) E-mail?

Me: Down.

Them: Ok.

*click*

Call 5:

Them: Yeah, I heard on the front end message the e-mail is down.  My e-mail is down too.

Me: We know.

Them: Ohh.  Can make e-mail up?

Me: What?

Them: Can you make e-mail work?

Me: Yes.  Hang up, wait 20 minutes and it will work.

Them: Really?

Me: Yes.

Them: Ok, bye.

Call 5:

Them:(Jamaican Accent)Hello love, my computer be frozen, its not workin and I got no buttons.

Me: Ok can you restart the machine?

Them: The what?

Me: The machine, the CPU.

Them: You mean the screen?

Me: No the CPU, the big box that says Dell and you can put CD's into it.

Them: Ahh, you mean the boot box love?

Me: The CPU?

Them: Boot. 

Me: THE CPU.  The thing that ISN'T your TV screen.

Them: You think I don't know about computers!  You talk all this nonsense, how old you be son?  21? I pressed the button!  What!? 21?

Me: 22.

Them: Den you don't know nothin son.  Talking this nonsense.  Nothin.

Me: Then why did you call me when your computer broke?

Them: Shutup, it restarting boy.

Them: It working now.

Them: Have a good day love.

Me: Yeah.

*click*

Everyday.
Rabbit.v2
Banned
+186|6529|stalker.
lol hilarious
BudyFX
+7|6548|Lost
ahhahahahhahaa

OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

really dumb
sgtdude1987
+8|6218|midlands britain
How are you still sane?

All i get at my work is people asking if you can skateboard down the dry ski slope (only if you want to go to hospital)
Or, wheres the string for climbing with? (string?)

My favourite: does that machine take fivers?
No
oh, because ive put one in.
-he had actually folded up a five pound note and pushed it in the coin slot.........
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6395|Evilsville
Man, some people are dumb!
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6389|USA, MICHIGAN
gotta love stupid people
Lisa
+3|6197|At Work :(
I work on reception and this lady wouldn't fax me a document because, as she put it, she only had one copy. I spent the next half hour explaining that the fax machine wouldn't actually send that document, it would send a copy. It was a conversation I never thought I'd have to have.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6624|Camp XRay

i used to run the it deparment for a big american university. if i had a nickel for all the stupid shit people would call up and ask about.

this will make you feel better cougar
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6389|New York

Kudos to you Cougar for keeping your job by not telling all these assholes off. IT is almost more customer service bullshit than fixing the network. I find it amazing how people just don't understand pretty simple things about computers.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6765|Dallas

sgtdude1987 wrote:

How are you still sane?
I'm not.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

I percieve some people that working in hospitals/modical offices that are not doctor's try to act as important as doctors, like those reception bitches.
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6680|Broadlands, VA
Them: We need another network interface in our server.  Do you have one available?

Us:  Yes, we always keep a few in stock.  When would you like it installed?

Them: Will this require a server restart?

Us: Not if we put it in a blender.

Yeah, I run the TechOps at an ISP.  I feel your pain.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51
Whaha! You must have a lot of patience because I would have shouted at the ''important guy'' that he should STFU and wait it out just like everyone else. But I guess that's something you can't do as a phone operator, right?
Entertayner
+826|6571

/me thinks Cougar should 'accidentally' plant some incriminating evidence in respective users' inbox.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6569|Mountains of NC

Kinda reminds of my business - its a retail business and as long as I stay behind the scenes and away from helping customers, I'm fine

heres some things that has happen and continues to happen

me: Hello, can I help

1st customer: I need jeans

me : (theres a HUGE wall of jeans right behind - all clearly marked ) What kind of jeans do you need

1st c : I don't know whatever I bought last time I was here, you remember you helped me

me: (motherfucker are you kidding me like you are the only person that comes in here to shop) Well from the looks of it you are wearing Carhartt jeans, What size do you need

1st c: I don't know what size

me: (goddamn it why do I get the dumbasses) Well if you step into the dressing room, the label on the inside will have your size

1st c: I don't have time, just get me whatever you got

me: (how about a cup of shut the fuck up) Here *reaches for a 40x34 relaxed fit*,{when the guy is about 5'3'' and 140lbs and about 30 years old}

I have ALOT more stories

we also run a couriour serive also at my business

me: *phone,rings*  Hello,this is ___ how can I help you

guy on other line: You do pick ups

me: Well if you are reffering to couriour service then Yes we do

guy: I need a pick up

me: (wow lets be all secertive about everything) Ok where do you need the pick up at and lets provide the information on where you need the drop off at

guy: Well pick up at my house and drop off in Tennesse

me: (motherfucker are people really this stupid) Ok I need exact address on where the pick up is and where its going

guy: Well I live in town and all I know is that its going over to Tennesse

me: (I wish I could smack through the phone) Well for me to give you a price on the couriour service I need a exact location on pick up and drop off or I'll just drop it off at the state line

guy: Well I live at __________ and its getting dropped off somewhere in Nasheville, TN 

me: Well heres an estimated cost of the service $______

guy: Well can you do it at this price $_____ (lower than mine,much lower than mine)

me: Are you seriously trying to bargin down the price

guy: Oh can I pay you after you do the drop off

me: No

guy: well do you accept personal checks

me: No, credit cards, cash or money orders only

guy: *click*
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
too_money2007
+145|6309|Keller, Tx
If you didn't talk to them like assholes, they'd respond better. They might be idiots, but I'm sure it's not in your job description to be a shit-dick.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6569|Mountains of NC

too_money2007 wrote:

If you didn't talk to them like assholes, they'd respond better. They might be idiots, but I'm sure it's not in your job description to be a shit-dick.
ok --- read this slowly ----- when you use this -> (  and ) <-    that means that I'm thinking this NOT saying that   mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmk
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6631|Washington, DC

Just take it in stride love. It'll all pay off son.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654

too_money2007 wrote:

you'd fit right in with those customers.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6655|Teesside, UK

Cougar wrote:

I do tech support for a certain hospital (that will be not be named) in a state in the east U.S. (which also will not be named).  Some of these people......Jesus Christ.
The 3rd call reminds me of something that happened to a technician where i worked recently.  Our company did on site tech support and looked after the network making sure all computers shared the Internet connection and another company were the ISP and obviously made sure that the Internet gateway was working (we were not allowed to touch the gateway).

Our technician went to sort a problem onsite and a guy started shouting in his face and demanding that he fixed the Internet.  The tech calmly explained it wasn't a problem with our area and he'd need to phone the correct company but the guy lost it and grabbed him by the throat and screamed threats and bluster about how important he was.  I have no idea why the technician didn't press charges, I would have.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6535|Valhalla
I deal with that sort of shit day to day. Also in all fairness you were a bit shitty to some of those customers even if they were a retarded
too_money2007
+145|6309|Keller, Tx

SargeV1.4 wrote:

too_money2007 wrote:

you'd fit right in with those customers.
HAha! I know my computers, so I wouldn't be a dumb shit that would call up tech support. I've only ever called tech support at my work because they change something and don't tell anyone, making it to where I can't do my job.

And it's so sweet to see you guys stick up for each other. So... gay.
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6844|Waikato, Aotearoa
And your still sane Cougar?? Goddam - here is a pointer. Shoot the next person who calls about a
stupid question. Im pretty sure no jury would convict you..... (Plead temp. Insanity)
https://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q188/101Invaderzim/uf005239.gif

Last edited by -101-InvaderZim (2007-05-11 07:50:17)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6631|Washington, DC

too_money2007 wrote:

And it's so sweet to see you guys stick up for each other. So... gay.
Yep, we are pretty gay! Gaze in amazement at our stunning fashion sense and six packs.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6519|USA
reminds me of a 'true' story about when a lady called Dell customer service and complained that her 'electric cup-holder' broke when she put her drink in it...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard