Rizen_Ji
+41|6739|200m out and smiling at you.
Alright so I was thinking about this idea I had. It was this...

How about the jumping system is tied to your sprint energy? Since you'd expend energy jumping it would subtract whatever amount from the bar and as you continually jump your person gets tired and their jumps get lower and lower eventually reaching the point where they can't jump or sprint away anymore.

For diving I was thinking maybe taking some damage not a whole lot but enough to make it noticeable. I mean think about when you dive in real life, it hurts doesn't it? And looking at some of the dives in this game I see those have really gotta hurt A LOT.

But ehh... Someone may have already came up with this idea before me, not like it's not happened before.
CommanderLC
+0|6756
um... im pretty sure you lose stamina as you jump. Nice try though.
Jeckelcopy
Ach du Sheisse!!!!
+2|6763
yup, but you have infinant stamina if you keep juming, sprinting is different; maybe they could depleat the jump hight once it's all deleted...

"Dolphin diving", I think I know what that is, but I use it for good, like to get into windows!
NamelessMarine
+0|6738
Accually the one simple solution is this:

When you jump, it takes away the use of your rifle, just like you where sprinting.

There.  Done.
TheDrNailsGuy
+5|6719
why not just add a jump meter? don't tie it in to anything, just set the meter to promote very little jumping
omg! Buck_McCoy
+0|6777|Germany

NamelessMarine wrote:

Accually the one simple solution is this:

When you jump, it takes away the use of your rifle, just like you where sprinting.
Right, plain and simple. That is the best idea concerning this issue if you really want to get rid of those bunny-hopping grenade shooting people (well, sometimes i also do that...).

Regarding the dives i am not quite sure how unrealistic they really are. And however, if it wasn´t possible to shoot while you are jumping dolphin dives would already be history (assuming that you have a short "pull out time" after you land).
Rizen_Ji
+41|6739|200m out and smiling at you.
eh it was worth a shot i guess?
kA_sick
+0|6750|Wien
man u got problems let him jump and take him out...
and i not than start jumping too
end of story....
FI|ExTinguish
+0|6723
that a really good idea nameless marine, im pretty sure that u could not be able to shoot in midair with the recoil a shotgun has, u would be sent flying, and with that done i dont see how u could hit ure enemy.
omg! Buck_McCoy
+0|6777|Germany
i just read which changes ea is about to make by releasing patch 1.2: the most important ones (and the ones which fit to the topic of the thread) are: no more shooting during a jump, and they want to prevent diving. the news didnt include details about HOW they are about to do it, but let us just all say good bye to dolphin diving in advance...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard