Poll

What do you think of circumscission?

Total: 0
Skorpy-chan
+127|6359|Twyford, UK
Null vote, poll options are biased.

I don't see the point, and I'm buggered if I'm gonna trust someone with a pair of scissors anywhere NEAR there.
And fuckit, I'm not bloody jewish so I don't need to worry. Just like I can eat bacon, and enjoy cheeseburgers. (Often with bacon on top. Mmmm... *drools*)
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6342

Well there is a condition (That I don't recall what its called) but I saw them talk about it in an episode of 'Scrubs' where the foreskin can not be pulled back for some reason. So I guess this would be one benefit to circumcision.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
jonsimon
+224|6510
Null Vote, the poll is a little limited.
cospengle
+140|6501|Armidale, NSW, Australia

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

cospengle wrote:

Well I know a family with 3 boys, the first two were circumsised - no problems, the third wasn't... he's been to the doctor several times due to infections (poor little fella).

EDIT: And yes, they clean it.
so you think, this is a medical proof? i have my foreskin and never got any infections on my penis - is this also proof?
No. Not proof, but evidence. I've never heard of someone that was circumcised getting a foreskin infection.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6460|The Land of Scott Walker

cospengle wrote:

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

cospengle wrote:

Well I know a family with 3 boys, the first two were circumsised - no problems, the third wasn't... he's been to the doctor several times due to infections (poor little fella).

EDIT: And yes, they clean it.
so you think, this is a medical proof? i have my foreskin and never got any infections on my penis - is this also proof?
No. Not proof, but evidence. I've never heard of someone that was circumcised getting a foreskin infection.
I have. Relative of mine in fact.  That's part of the reason my parents had it done when I was born.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2007-05-13 18:35:44)

The_Mac
+96|6240

jonsimon wrote:

Null Vote, the poll is a little limited.
That's putting it mildly. The OP is a flaming idiot.
devildogfo
+32|6337|Camp Lejeune
Null, its more complicated than that. Its not just a matter of religion, more often it is a medical decision. And a health promoting operation is not "mutilation."
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6731|Riva, MD

OrangeHound wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

It is funny how you refer to circumcision (yes, that's the correct spelling) as "mutilation" as if somehow this is the only modification that people make to their bodies.

• Are tattoos also to be considered mutilation
  • Is piercing ears/nipples/bellybuttons, etc mutilation
  • Is having teeth pulled for braces considered mutilation
  • Is cutting hair or fingernails mutilation ... I mean, as the above poster so wisely observed, "If god created us, why would he do such an error that we have to fix?"

This whole "circumcision is mutilation" can be classed as nothing other than an anti-Semite position (and I'm not Jewish), for if you lobby against this then you must also lobby against all the other things I list above ... yet, these opponents do not.

I've witnessed two circumcisions, and it is an incredibly minor "mutilation" ... one kid didn't even seem to notice ... my kids cry WAY MORE when they are getting their hair cut.
All of the above is something that you actually have something to say about.

AFAIK hair and fingernail's growth acceleration increases when you cut them, so maybe if you never did it in the first place you might not need to do it?
As I child, I didn't have anything to say about teeth getting pulled or my hair getting cut.  My parents must have mutilated me ... I specifically recall screaming in massive pain because a dentist did not anesthetize me before pulling out one of my teeth.
Ooooo, some idiot did that to my dad when he was 13 and needed a root canal.

On topic, most people seem to be circumsized.  The British kid was going around my class asking everyone if they were "snipped" to which everyone but himself replied yes.  I'd have it done to my son if I ever have one.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2007-05-13 19:12:37)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard