Ranger0405
+3|6757|Cali, USA
Now I know this topic has been posted but iam asking agian if anyone out there has performace tips on how to make bf2 run smoother and to the best of your computers ability. PLease reply                                 

Thanks Ranger0405
gunnaboy
+26|6726
Without knowing your pc it is hard to know how to fix your problem. What cpu,graphics card(s),mobo are you using? How much ram do you have?

Last edited by gunnaboy (2005-12-11 15:04:30)

Ranger0405
+3|6757|Cali, USA
OK I amm pretty sure I have a msi motherboard 2 gs "  and radeon 9600 se grafix card 128 mb" my volts is not high I think its 130vts around there. 320 somthing of ram I belive iam not at home so I have to double check and I think maybe upgrading my volts would be good ?

Last edited by Ranger0405 (2005-12-11 16:17:41)

gunnaboy
+26|6726
The volts won't do much.The speed of the pc has more to do with your cpu and ram. Try upgrading your ram to 512mb. Also upgrade your graphics to a 256mb card. You should see better response and less lag. You could also try setting your in game graphics to min. Let me Know what happens and we will take it from there.
1MaNArmY
+2|6806
you need to disable the intro, EA, Dice and Bink video's as some of them are very large and they stay in your RAM's cache even after they have been played.  If your Rig has 1 GIG of RAM once the game begins you might only have 750 MB available.

Last edited by 1MaNArmY (2005-12-11 21:55:44)

gunnaboy
+26|6726
Also true.  I have 512mb and not many probs with lag at all. Which cpu do you have? Pentium or Athlon?
AFlyingNun
+0|6728
While I'm here, I have a question about this too:

Big levels tend to lag for me. I have an athlon, 512mb, plenty of GIG, and a radeon xpress 200m graphics card. How much of an impact would getting a 256m card have? And what else can I do to improve performance? (preferably, a cheap solution? )
CackNBallz
+45|6751|Toronto, Canada
Buy a soundcard.
gunnaboy
+26|6726

AFlyingNun wrote:

While I'm here, I have a question about this too:

Big levels tend to lag for me. I have an athlon, 512mb, plenty of GIG, and a radeon xpress 200m graphics card. How much of an impact would getting a 256m card have? And what else can I do to improve performance? (preferably, a cheap solution? )
Which Athlon cpu? If you were to install something like a  Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT which is available in both AGP 8X and PCI-E for around $250 - $300 AU. The PCI-E is also SLI ready. This card is more than capable of running todays 3D games.
you can disable the ea and dice intro? how? i'm getting annoyed of that thing.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6782|Golden, CO

ubersoldat...dos sniper wrote:

you can disable the ea and dice intro? how? i'm getting annoyed of that thing.
you can just rename/delete them.
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6796|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard