konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6563|CH/BR - in UK

So much to being open minded....
I think this is a rather interesting theory.
I don't see why it couldn't work? But then: How would they explain the fish fossils? And where would life have come from originally if not water?

-konfusion
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6688|Canberra, AUS
If the world gets larger, then where does the extra 'stuff' come from?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6562|San Diego, CA, USA

Spark wrote:

If the world gets larger, then where does the extra 'stuff' come from?
From all the stuff being pulled in by its gravity.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6688|Canberra, AUS
Um... Do I need to respond, the flaws in that are so huge and obvious.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
PureFodder
+225|6299
Anyone who is convinced by this video should demand to be let back into school and have more science/maths classes. It's so dumb it's untrue.

Currently the Earth is 2/3 covered in water.

To reduce the surface of the Earth so it is 1/3 of the current (so it's all land) would require a 42% reduction of the Earths radius.

This means the volume of the Earth would have to be a third of what it is today. This video suggests that the Earth has trippled in mass (assuming dansity stays within physical reason).

Sound reasonable anyone?
cospengle
+140|6500|Armidale, NSW, Australia
No guys, it's true, I can prove it.

Assuming the Earth is expanding, it would also start to spin slower (just like an ice skater putting his/her arms further away from their body). So all we need to prove is that the days are getting longer, and here's the proof: everyday I go to work and when I come home I feel more tired than I did the day before, therefore the days are getting longer. So, you see, it's true. The more tired we feel, the older (and bigger) the Earth is...

Do you think I should make an internet movie to tell the world about my amazing discovery?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard