zeidmaan
+234|6411|Vienna

Apparently Open Beta will begin very soon and will last 10-15 days and than 0.6 will be released. There will be Both USA and European servers running Beta.
There is still no complete and final list of changes but main changes are:
- increased view distance (by a lot),
- scoped G3 for MEC Rifleman and Officer,
- Civilian class for insurgents. Unarmed but can perform multiple tasks, can be "captured" by USMC/GB forces which gives them "big" spawn penalty.
- Commander can build bunkers with help of an engineer. Bunkers act as spawn points for the entire team. They also resupply and heal. It costs the team tickets to build and can also be destroyed. Commander can also construct AAA guns.
- You will be able to spawn only as spec ops, Rifleman, Medic, Engineer. All other kits are limited and need to be requested including Light AT and Grenadier (now with 7 grenades).
- New faction, Chechen based Militia. A mix between conventional army and Insurgents.
- New maps include modified vBF2 maps Zatar Wetlands and Daqing Oilfields. Completely new maps are: Desert Storm, Bi Ming (night map), Assault on Mestia (millitia map), 7 gates, Al Kufrah Oilfield, Kashan Desert.
Kashan Desert is the new HUGE 17 KM^2 map with open desert tank battles, few small and completely destructible villages, and a big City unaccessible by armor.
- NO Muttrah City. Its been removed since it was designed for vBF2 rules and its not playable with new PR rules. A new version is under development called Muttrah V2. Much bigger with armor.
- Also there will be no more "short spawn" servers. Every server will have minimum of 30 seconds respawn time.

Update:
Tanks will be improved.
- In tank the zoom problem is fixed. It wont unzoom anymore when reloading shells.
- Gunner will have 2 zoom levels.
- Deviation for both shells and coaxial have been slightly reduced
- You will be able to see where the shells hit since there will be no dust after firing

Also APCs are getting a coaxial gun also.

List of all kits in v0.6
http://www.gloryhoundz.com/prmm/users/e … _final.htm

I got that from wiki and various topics on official forums.

Last edited by zeidmaan (2007-05-14 11:03:22)

Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6486|Gogledd Cymru

sweeet
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6561|Area 51
Niiceee..
stef10
+173|6478|Denmark
So niceee!! +1 for info!
Idlewild
Disrupted Logic
+71|6324|Londawn
Actually I think Desert Storm is Al Falluja (spelt wrong) Region,

Also I'm not sure - but I think the M16 will have optics for the riflemen class. /wrong - for ever other conventional army.

I think there's some small changes to the kit layout for each class too; such as the War veteran kit has an AK as opposed to the G3 & there's a new class for the Insurgent the 'Ambusher' complete with two type of IED.

If anyone's interested in the full map list for .6 it is :

7 Gates
Al Basrah
Al Kufrah Oilfield
Assault on Mestia
Bi Ming
Daqing Oilfields
Desert Storm (previously Al Fallujah)
EJOD Desert
Gulf of Oman WAC
Helmand Province
Hills of Hamgyong
Inishail Forest
Jabal Al-Burj
Kashan Desert
Operation Ghost Train
Operation Pheonix
Qwai River
Raid on Moskiye
Road to Kyongan'Ni
Street
Sunset City
Zatar Wetlands

So all in all, big changes

edit : Damn Grammar Nazis.

Last edited by Idlewild (2007-05-09 14:27:20)

zeidmaan
+234|6411|Vienna

Oh yeah its true Desert Storm is Al Falluja actually with some changes probably.

And if someone didnt notice from the list, NO Muttrah City
I never understood the obsession with that map since it was horrible to me.
Idlewild
Disrupted Logic
+71|6324|Londawn

zeidmaan wrote:

Oh yeah its true Desert Storm is Al Falluja actually with some changes probably.

And if someone didnt notice from the list, NO Muttrah City
I never understood the obsession with that map since it was horrible to me.
QFE
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6649
Weren't the jets supposed to be insanely fast in 0.6?
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Rabbit.v2
Banned
+186|6524|stalker.

SargeV1.4 wrote:

I hope so
zeidmaan
+234|6411|Vienna

swe:D wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

I hope so
Yep I think they will be much faster. But also the AA missiles will be better, with faster lock-on and better maneuverability (<- omg spelled it right)
The_Mac
+96|6221
UH-1Y hueys?
Ryan
+1,230|6839|Alberta, Canada

Release date?
I wanna go and kill some Iraqi sons-of-bitches.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6388|Southern California
none yet, the OP was just kinda announcing its coming....

Open Beta hasn't even started yet, but it should with in the week...After that maybe a week or two more?
David.P
Banned
+649|6270
God this sucks only 4 base kits. I'm gonna hate having to be in a squad to get light at and grenadier.
Also will they finally give us heavy at users more rockets or not?
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6538|Winterpeg, Canada
- You will be able to spawn only as spec ops, Rifleman, Medic, Engineer. All other kits are limited and need to be requested including Light AT and Grenadier (now with 7 grenades).

- Also there will be no more "short spawn" servers. Every server will have minimum of 30 seconds respawn time.
As it is now, I'll get tk'd every round atleast twice for my requested kit. This is going a little over the top in some aspects. Also, spawn times should seriously be a server option, it's like they're turning into the bfroe with this stuff now.
Giant_Squid500
+5|6668|U.S.A.
Yea. I don't like the spawn thing that much either. Give the servers a choice at least. As Jbrar said, I get TK'd for kits too. The least they could do is have kits from Tk's disappear so the bastards don't get what they're after.
zeidmaan
+234|6411|Vienna

Giant_Squid500 wrote:

Yea. I don't like the spawn thing that much either. Give the servers a choice at least. As Jbrar said, I get TK'd for kits too. The least they could do is have kits from Tk's disappear so the bastards don't get what they're after.
Dude if you get TKed by a guy and than that guy picks up your kit he will die instantly. Anyway if you play on proper servers that stupid behavior will rarely happen.
And short spawn and no penalty servers give the mod a bad name. The whole point of "long" spawn times is to give a player some kind of penalty for dieing. That way it tries and to a point succeeds in stopping the Rambo gameplay and hectic lonewolfing.
And when a new player decides to try the mod out, there is a big chance he will end up on one of the "modified" servers. So the first impression of the mod is vBF2 with some new toys and same gameplay. And that will turn many good players away and attract many not-so-good players.
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6725|Louisiana
Kashan Desert sounds cool but people already had problems with Al Basrah... how big is Kashan in comparison?
zeidmaan
+234|6411|Vienna

xintegrityx wrote:

Kashan Desert sounds cool but people already had problems with Al Basrah... how big is Kashan in comparison?
I think Basrah is 2km x 2km
And Kashan is 4km x 4km

Altho I believe, like in Basrah, a part of the map will be just to separate main basses from rest of the map.
But even though its bigger its not "heavier" than Al Basrah. So if you can run Basrah you will be able to run Kashan.
Storgie
how about this thread for whiners
+15|6571|federal way washington
i hope your talking bf2 and not 2142
Zodiaccup
+42|6542

Storgie wrote:

i hope your talking bf2 and not 2142
No, they are talking about the Project Reality Mod for bf2.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6388|Southern California

David.Podedworny wrote:

God this sucks only 4 base kits. I'm gonna hate having to be in a squad to get light at and grenadier.
Also will they finally give us heavy at users more rockets or not?
Why don't you just play with a squad?

Jesus Christ what is everyones obsession with special kits, Take a damn rifle and shoot someone with it.
[/end mini rant]

Ill be interested to see the changes...I see where they are going with the medic thing, but I think it sucks as medics will suddenly have a harder time finding medical attention then normal players...
I understand te complain about a class with "infinite health" however, thats just the benifit of having a medic around. Often when a squadmember is standing around a corner firing, Ill prone behind cover and heal him WHILE he is fighting....
My squadmate get healed when ever they are injured, AND get medical attention while still being able to fire I so I don't see a problem with a medic being able to stop what he is doing and heal himself.

Bandages are all well and good, but much slower then a medic pack if they don't sink into the terrain or something that is.

Overall looks cool. For those who missed an independant map maker is testing a map based off the new map settings called baghdad, its pretty damn barren, but HUGE with great view distance.
Plays fine on my comp... but I haven't tried it with very many people.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6640

sounds great, i can't wait
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6653|Devil's Perch

zeidmaan wrote:

And short spawn and no penalty servers give the mod a bad name. The whole point of "long" spawn times is to give a player some kind of penalty for dieing. That way it tries and to a point succeeds in stopping the Rambo gameplay and hectic lonewolfing.
And when a new player decides to try the mod out, there is a big chance he will end up on one of the "modified" servers. So the first impression of the mod is vBF2 with some new toys and same gameplay. And that will turn many good players away and attract many not-so-good players.
To me personally, I'm being turned away because of the long spawn times. It's far beyond frustrating to lie dying 25 seconds, get revived, have an enemy squad pop up from out of nowhere and lie there again for another 30 +x seconds without even having gotten up. Let that happen twice a round and I spent already 2 minutes rotting in my own virtual blood.
Or: I spawn on a squadleader, who's just in that very moment being naded... that's yet another 60+x seconds with barely having done more than pressing the prone key maybe.
Or: I spawn on a Rally Point that has been discovered and is now being camped by the enemy - yay. Yet another 60+x seconds.
In all these cases, I'm not being punished for my own stupidity, for my own careless approach, for my lack of teamwork or anything. I'm being punished for the lack of care or the stupidity of my teammates or maybe even just punished for bad luck.
That whole spawn time / dying penalty thing is totally overrated. The loss of accuracy on the guns when rushing around should be enough to force a more careful approach. The fact you're getting more points for sticking to a squad and working together than for occasionally killing someone, should force teamwork.
The problem is just you can't force people to do something they're not willing and - in most cases - are not able to do. If you end up in a squad of clueless idiots (which still seems to be more likely than anything else), you'll end up without voice communication, without teamwork, without anything worth the while.
In the end, you'll end up uninstalling PR and going back to vBF2 Karkand/Sharqi/Mashtuur/Jalalabad with 4 to 5 friends, executing the teamwork you had been looking for and did not find in PR, but actually having fun.
Proud member of a dead community.
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6653|Devil's Perch

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Overall looks cool. For those who missed an independant map maker is testing a map based off the new map settings called baghdad, its pretty damn barren, but HUGE with great view distance.
It's an awesome map, definitely, just like the city part of Al Basrah an great example of excellent map design.
Proud member of a dead community.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard