Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6483|Vancouver, USA
Okay, I have searched everywhere on this website and wrote into ea numerous times, but I cannot find an answer. 

I have a logitech precision pc gaming headset (the crap one that is advertised in the cover of 2142).  The problem I am having is that the "boost mic button" in the audio options for Bf2 is not even highlighted.  My mic is very soft, but I cant click on the button, because it wont let me.  The mic is not the problem either because it works fine for 2142 and it works fine for bf2 on the home computer at my house.  So the problem lies in Battlefield 2 only for my computer (which is a dell, if that helps). 

I need to know how to get the boost mic button highlighted so I can actually click on it.

Thanks in advance,
oh, and karma is available.
Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6483|Vancouver, USA
yes i did that already.  I have everything on max volume/input/all other conceivable things on max and on the boost mic button in the windows control panel.  It is strictly in Battlefield 2.

edit:  the post above this was just deleted.

Last edited by Cobra4545 (2007-05-08 17:07:50)

King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6601|Seattle

The only thing I can think of would be to delete your profile cache from your My Documents folder. They should be labeled 001, 002, or somethng like that. You'll have to set up your controls again but it's worth a shot.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6483|Vancouver, USA
So how would i do that?  Just go into my documents... and then what?
By the way +1 for the response, anything helps.

edit:  nevermind i found how to do that

Last edited by Cobra4545 (2007-05-08 17:10:44)

TechGuy
Grammar Nazi
+62|6677
I have this problem as well. On my main rig it's available and works but on my HP pavilion it's greyed out. Same goes for my laptop. My guess would be the audio drivers, or some setting within windows. Make sure it's plugged in the back of the computer and not the front is all I can think of.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6601|Seattle

Go to My Documents, BF2 folder, then Cache I believe it is. All of the folders in there labeled 001, 002, etc. are safely deletable. Each time you change a setting and click "save" it creates a new one of those folders. As soon as bf2 sees that there are no saved settings, it will create a new folder for you.

The only other thing I can think of is a re-install, but that would suck ass and I doubt it would fix your problem but yeah, that's the next step I'd say...
Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6483|Vancouver, USA
Yah it is in the back of the computer. 
A couple of my friends also have the same problem, it is really strange.
+1 for the input.
Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6483|Vancouver, USA
And thanks Downy, I have tried to re-install it, but it just creates tons of new hassles
I see what you are talking about. Thanks

By the way, is it okay to delete the "default commo config"  too?  I just did that and I hope i didnt screw anything up.  Or what about the default folder?

Last edited by Cobra4545 (2007-05-08 17:15:32)

King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6601|Seattle

lol I've never tried that 

Try reinstalling your audio drivers err sumfin I dunno bro, I'm a bit saucy right now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard