Illegal Immigration Issue is a hoax

True21%21% - 25
False78%78% - 90
Total: 115
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6703|USA
True or False

Illegal Immigration is a bullshit issue that has little effect on the country as a whole.
DooM
+28|6348
And you get this how? here in the UK they all come over, especially Asylum Seekers and they get a free house and "basically" their own set of laws.

I don't live in America but you have your problems with illegal mexicans don't you?
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6637|Michigan, USA
I just finished an essay on illegal immigration, and its does harm our country as a whole, its taxes our job system, our agriculuture(more mouths to feed) our medical system, and the goverment in general, most illegal immigrants pay no taxes, yet cost tax payer money to support.

Last edited by r2zoo (2007-05-08 12:00:22)

Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6531|Gogledd Cymru

DooM wrote:

And you get this how? here in the UK they all come over, especially Asylum Seekers and they get a free house and "basically" their own set of laws.

I don't live in America but you have your problems with illegal mexicans don't you?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6673|949

How could anyone say it has little effect on the country?

It is an issue, without a doubt.  The bullshit is the nonexistent enforcement of laws, both business and civil.

People make a bunch of money exploiting cheap illegal labor.  Those people then donate some of that money to candidates that talk about putting a 12 foot fence up (as if that is going to stop somebody coming here to get an available job).

Take away the available jobs.  Stop people from hiring illegal immigrants.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2007-05-08 12:01:35)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6708

DooM wrote:

Now, now.  The USofA is an equal opportunity land of illegals:
Canadians
Central Americans
South Americans
Asians
Africans
Europeans
Australians
Islanders

BTW, Mexicans are also Americans.  We have two huge continents.

Last edited by Ilocano (2007-05-08 12:03:16)

r2zoo
+126|6637|Michigan, USA

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

It is an issue, without a doubt.  The bullshit is the nonexistent enforcement of laws, both business and civil.

People make a bunch of money exploiting cheap illegal labor.  Those people then donate some of that money to candidates that talk about putting a 12 foot fence up (as if that is going to stop somebody coming here to get an available job).

Never gonna happen, American culture revolves around money, anything to make more, thats why shipping jobs overseas occurs so frequently, wherever there is people to exploit in order for companies to gain more money, they'll do it.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6532|Menlo Park, CA

DooM wrote:

Problem is an understatement. . . . .
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6673|949

r2zoo wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Never gonna happen, American culture revolves around money, anything to make more, thats why shipping jobs overseas occurs so frequently, wherever there is people to exploit in order for companies to gain more money, they'll do it.
So then should we accept it, allow illegals to get paid a lower wage and just regulate it, requiring them to pay taxes?  You know, once people start paying taxes they ask for stuff in return...
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6703|USA

r2zoo wrote:

I just finished an essay on illegal immigration, and its does harm our country as a whole, its taxes our job system, our agriculuture(more mouths to feed) our medical system, and the goverment in general, most illegal immigrants pay no taxes, yet cost tax payer money to support.
Explain. Show me something.

BTW Here is why it is bullshit and why your elected representatives get you all worked up about it at election time and do nothing during gametime.

http://www.nascocorridor.com/

http://www.warriorsfortruth.com/mexico- … ghway.html

Last edited by Mason4Assassin444 (2007-05-08 12:16:29)

Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6583|Texas - Bigger than France
Where do you live Mason?
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6703|USA

Pug wrote:

Where do you live Mason?
Mexico
Pug
If you're asking the question, then you aren't affected by it.  Hence why I asked...
r2zoo
+126|6637|Michigan, USA
Actually in Mexico they have the same problem with Guatemaleans, Mexicans are a big deal here...do some research rather then just assume.

Last edited by r2zoo (2007-05-08 12:29:15)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6703|USA
https://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4317/bushimgn7.png

Last edited by Mason4Assassin444 (2007-05-08 13:13:08)

Pug
Ahh Mason - you deleted your old post.  Too bad I can't remember it all, but you basically were saying its beneficial for all of North America.

So if we are so into sharing, how about you share my tax bill which supported the police, fireman, sewage system, legal system, healthcare, roads, etc etc etc...the infrastructure.

Since illegals only pay sales tax if they buy something, but I pay property tax, unemployment tax, medicare, social security, income tax, and sales tax...

But yes, I do sleep better because the $6-8K extra I pay yearly goes to freeloaders.  I'm glad, I really didn't need that money anyway.
Pug
Oh, and I thought of something else too.

I have family health coverage, I pay about $8500 per year for this privilege.  I took the wife to the ER two weeks ago for a day's stay.  Total bill: $9,675.  Insurance paid for all but $985.

So, assuming I don't go to the hospital anymore I'm only out $9,485.

Too bad the wife wasn't illegal - I could have saved $9,485.

Wow - $9,485 - a lot of money - healthcare costs are getting ridiculous.  Hmm...perhaps it's increased a bit providing illegals the same stuff we pay for, but they choose not to fund?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6708

Pug wrote:

Oh, and I thought of something else too.

I have family health coverage, I pay about $8500 per year for this privilege.  I took the wife to the ER two weeks ago for a day's stay.  Total bill: $9,675.  Insurance paid for all but $985.

So, assuming I don't go to the hospital anymore I'm only out $9,485.

Too bad the wife wasn't illegal - I could have saved $9,485.

Wow - $9,485 - a lot of money - healthcare costs are getting ridiculous.  Hmm...perhaps it's increased a bit providing illegals the same stuff we pay for, but they choose not to fund?
Do you really think most of those uninsured in ER are illegals?  Plenty of people who just can't afford medical insurance.
Pug
I did say "increased a bit", which is different than "responsible for"
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6673|949

Wow. $9675 for a day's stay in the ER.  It better have some good amenities.
Pug
I told the wife to try to get sick on a weekday from now on so we don't have to go to the ER.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6708

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Wow. $9675 for a day's stay in the ER.  It better have some good amenities.
Believe it.  My wife's pet dog bite to ER would have cost us about $800, for what only took about 30 minutes once admitted.  Triage room, treatment room, 3 medical personnel, stitches, and over-priced supplies.  If not for our medical insurance...

Pug wrote:

I did say "increased a bit", which is different than "responsible for"
Yes.  But my point was, is the increase mostly due to illegals or just poor people in general.

Last edited by Ilocano (2007-05-08 15:06:30)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6486|The Land of Scott Walker
Yeah, illegals are beneficial.  Riiiiiight. 

People can't get jobs in LA kitchens because they don't speak the "language of the kitchen".  People are losing construction jobs because 3 illegals will work for the price of one legal worker.  The schools in areas most heavily populated by illegals are forced to educate children whose parents aren't paying into the system.  The children of US citizens have to accept a sub-standard education because teachers must try to teach children who are either illiterate in English or illiterate in both English and their native tongue.   And I'm talking about the hard working illegals, I haven't even started on the criminal element.  But that benefits the US . . . let's start a thread that the existence of the sun is a hoax, too.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2007-05-08 16:09:59)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6570|Global Command
Good thing this is in the junk drawer, or I would think you were serious.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6703|USA

Pug wrote:

Ahh Mason - you deleted your old post.  Too bad I can't remember it all, but you basically were saying its beneficial for all of North America.

So if we are so into sharing, how about you share my tax bill which supported the police, fireman, sewage system, legal system, healthcare, roads, etc etc etc...the infrastructure.

Since illegals only pay sales tax if they buy something, but I pay property tax, unemployment tax, medicare, social security, income tax, and sales tax...

But yes, I do sleep better because the $6-8K extra I pay yearly goes to freeloaders.  I'm glad, I really didn't need that money anyway.
My origional post was refering to the superhighway being built from mexico to canada. You act as if the guys crossing the border are your only issue. 50% of the "illegals" are overstayed visas. Those mostly working and people with degrees. No one is looking to throw them out of the country. Its just the brown people right?

AS far your bills. I actually live in VA. I pay taxes. no sewage as I am on a septic tank. I have health insurance luckily. Roads/legal system, I guess that's where the fat chunk goes every paycheck.

Mexican Illegals are usually in hotels or rentals. So they wouldn't pay a property tax anyway. Medicare which they don't get as illegals, social security (they never retire???),  Income tax is a legit concern. If they made the average wages of Americans.

And Im guessing the 6-8k extra you pay is refering to all of the above right? Sewage, Cops, legal system, etc. Or is that on top of all of that?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard