kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6844|Bryan/College Station, TX
Having not seen this before as I don't check the Official EA forums much. I thought I would post it here for all to look at and comment on. As you can see, many of the things we have been bitching about on here apparently have been summarized and sent to DICE to look at. Now lets see if they actually do anything about it.

Source: http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=9247

Following on from the thorough list of issues and comments on the 1.03 patch, we've now finished summarising the outstanding issues thread.

The following list of requests has been forwarded to the development team for their consideration. While I've no doubt some of the minor points raised by individuals in the thread are of importance to their gameplay, please remember that nobody will ever agree 100% on what should and should not be adjusted. For that reason I've given lesser weighting to comments which were made less than five times; the reason for asking for your top three was to identify which issues were the most significant, and would make the biggest difference if addressed.

This is not to say that other issues raised have been disgarded, as we will be directing the development team to investigate more thoroughly concerns which are outstanding in the thread itself, however for the purposes of this summary we have kept it to the larger issues.

#1 - [GAMEPLAY] Bunny Hopping/Dolphin Diving/Jump-shooting. The main proposal which is agreed upon is that players cannot shoot/reload while jump, that crawling takes longer to manuever into and that stamina should drop quickly while jumping - no stamina, no jumping.

#2 - [GAMEPLAY] Improve Anti-air. No one suggestion stands out, however here are a selection of comments made : introduce AA infantry, address air-to-air missiles, non-missile AA should have a chance of killing/wounding pilot, planes need addressing choppers less so, stop friendly lock-ons, make AA explode on proximity (flak style), airborne weapons have longer range than AA which makes things worse, team kills lose you too many points. Too easy to dodge.

#3 - [FUNCTIONALITY] Improve the server browser. A wide range of issues with the browser, however the most popular relate to the port and ping of a server displaying incorrectly (or not at all), search functionality should be included, server history added in addition to favourites, and that more filters should be applied in a search.

#4 - [TECHNICAL ISSUE] Fix the red/blue tag issue, where friendly units will show up with a red tag, enemies with a blue tag.

#5 - [GAMEPLAY] Change the teamkill system. This always generated a lengthy explanation, these are the most popular : teamkills for friendly mines, claymores and C4 should be removed, commander should accrue teamkills for artillery kills, vehicle teamkills for passengers needs looking at (jeep crashes, driver gets TKs), jets running over people standing on the runway shouldn't count as a teamkill.

#6 - [GAMEPLAY] Improve weapon accuracy/strength. This includes sniper issues (M95 crosshair being too thick/not powerful enough). Suggestions include lowered stance increases accuracy, general accuracy improvements and where you aim is where you hit.

#7 - [GAMEPLAY] Grenade launcher/Anti-Tank launcher should have a minimum range, and should give splash damage to the firer.

#8 - [GAMEPLAY] Alter the ranking/awards system. Address sergeant awards problems, give additional points for teamwork-related activities, harder targets should give more points (infantry kills tank should give more than tank kills infantry), repair points should be earned faster, commanders get too many points.

#9 - [GAMEPLAY] Mines/C4 should not be destroyable. Should only be removable by engineers (or spec ops for C4). Engineers should receive points for removing enemy mines.

#10 - [TECHNICAL ISSUE] After switching from C4 to the detonator it will frequently switch back to C4 by itself when pressing the detonator rather than C4 blowing up another C4 is placed instead.

#11 - [FUNCTIONALITY] Verifying client data/loading times are excessive, address this and lessen the amount of time required to get into a game.

#12 - [TECHNICAL ISSUE] Mini-map zooming issue which occurred after the 1.03 patch needs addressing. The mini-map now has a habit of zooming in/out on itself.

#13 - [GAMEPLAY] Only the vehicle driver gets capture points on flags - even if the gunner was in the vehicle first. Popular support for drivers and gunners receiving points.

#14 - [GAMEPLAY] Supply crates should not be used to repair commander assets.

#15 - [TECHNICAL ISSUE] Anti-Tank rounds will sometimes fly straight through the target vehicle. Is this a hitbox or latency problem? Needs addressing.

#16 - [GAMEPLAY] Anti-Tank is not the best anti-tank kit, C4 is far more effective. Either give the AT increased damage, reduce armour hitpoints in certain locations or give the AT kit more ammunition.

#17 - [GAMEPLAY] To help prevent TKs mines, C4 and claymores should be given seperate warning icons instead of the red skull.

#18 - [TECHNICAL ISSUE] Various graphical problems, the majority relating to draw distance. Grass draw distance is very short, vehicles at long range will disappear when looking straight at them, interior lighting is too dark, problems with real-time shadows, increase draw distance on lower spec machines.

#19 - [GAMEPLAY] Too many votes are required for an action to happen. Enemy players should not have to vote on removal of friendly commander.

#20 - [GAMEPLAY] Jets/choppers reload too quickly. Should have to land and stop completely to reload.

#21 - [REQUEST] More maps are requested, particularly city/infantry oriented maps.

#22 - [TECHNICAL ISSUE] Control configuration has reserved many standard keys. Full clarification of which keys are reserved is needed. Also address problems with using the right mouse button to move.

#23 - [TECHNICAL ISSUE] Empty vehicles show as targetable/hostile to aircraft. Friendly units need to show up better.

#24 - [TECHNICAL ISSUE] Resolve the infinite reloading animation and infinite gun firing sound problems.

#25 - [GAMEPLAY] Blackhawk still feels overpowered. Minigun splash damage should be reduced, Blackhawk should be brought in line with MEC/Chinese equivalents.

#26 - [REQUEST] Further game modes are requested. Co-op vs bots, CTF and others.

#27 - [GAMEPLAY] Decrease the hitpoints on choppers/jets. They should be vulnerable to small arms fire.

#28 - [GAMEPLAY] Shooting vehicles can often not be rewarding as the driver will bail at the last second. Suggested improvements - points awarded for doing significant damage to a vehicle, drivers suffer "shock effect" when exiting a heavily damaged vehicle.

#29 - [FUNCTIONALITY] Clan tags should be easily removed, also address the problem with not being able to change your in-game name.

#30 - [TECHNICAL ISSUE] Simply put some players are asking for "fix the lag".

Additional issues. Each of these issues received more than one mention, but not enough to be listed above.

- Typing a message ending with "e" then hitting return will exit you from your vehicle.

- What causes the unmodified content error? Can it be fixed?

- Vehicle respawn should be based on the "strength/value" of the vehicle.

- Spec-Ops points should be awarded for destroying carrier guns with C4. More points should be given or fewer C4 should be required to destroy commander assets.

- Body parts clip through walls allowing players to be shot from the other side of the wall.

- Battlefield recorder should be more widely useable. Rewind functionality needs to be built in.

- Fix exploitable gliches on maps, particularly Dragon Valley.

- UAV should not show opposing players who are inside buildings.

- Address issues with the Audigy sound card series.

- 2-5 second spawn immunity/armour/protection would be a benefit.

- Crouch should be togglable.

- A means to prevent voice response "spam" should be found.

- Squad members should gain points for working as a squad.

- Occasionally, flags will "stick" at 99% captured.

- Lack of ranking is hindering mods and custom maps. Introduce an "Approved by EA" map/mod system.

- Tanks should kill choppers with one hit.

- Introduce a warning sound for incoming artillery.

- Players who use kamikaze tactics should not earn points.

- Jets are overpowered.

- More support should be introduced for Punkbuster. Prevent newer hack/cheats scripts from being used.

- Address random inexplicable crashes.

- Spawn points often need to be selected multiple times in order for a player to spawn.

- Unlocked weapons should be usable in offline play.

- Remove the "EA News" popup.

- Introduce a server "queue" where you can wait to join, rather than have to attempt to join the server multiple times.

Many thanks for taking the time to feed back on the game in this fashion, we will keep you updated on future changes to the game, and will be pushing on your behalf for the changes you have outlined as highest priority.

Obviously we cannot guarantee that any or all of the above will be addressed in future patches, however we will emphasise the severity and demand for each of the requested changes.
Cheers.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6713|Wherever the F**k i feel like
I agree with most of the things on that list
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6756|NH - USA
I've seen it, and I still think #5 should be deleted.
=L&L=The Old Firm
+3|6762|The Netherlands The Hague
Let's hope these changes will be implemented ASAP, it will benefit the gameplay for all and make it even more fun to play.
Then again, knowing EA this will be done probably with a new expanstion which we need to buy
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6765|Dallas
I figure EA will come out with a new patch around Febuary and address maybe 2 or 3 of these issues.  Although the readme will list that they fixed 37 connectivity issues no one has ever heard of.

Good job EA.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6820
I agree, to a point that is, with most of them, except for the first one. I don't really have a problem with them, and they are very easy to kill provided you time your shots correctly.

Limiting our jumping ability and sprint times isnt feasable. There are to many large maps and to little vehicals or team mates who wont give rides.

I like the idea of more points for Tough v.s Weak and stuff, but I'm surprized nothing requested of awards and lower rank requirements or more ranks wasn't even mentioned at the bottom.

They've already addressed the Co-Op issue in an interview with the AI programmer too. It took to long to generate the larger maps, they were going to do it before though. But to be honest it isnt even worth mentioning.

I think what's keeping alot of people playing is the ranking and award system too. It's almost like a mini-mmorpg FPS.

They should definately lower some requirements and add more shit to it, including complex awards that don't involve time played. Eg: 10 Revives in a round + 5 Heals + 2:1 K = Combat Medic Ribbon or something.
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6759|Brixham, UK
#14 - [GAMEPLAY] Supply crates should not be used to repair commander assets.

Yeah right. You might as well remove the entire ability to repair them, since even when you do have engineers on your team (rare) they do sod all to fix them.

- 2-5 second spawn immunity/armour/protection would be a benefit.

Thank God this is in the lower section. Anyone else for making capping flags impossible?

Last edited by DUFFKING (2005-12-11 03:38:58)

Umbra Acciptris
+1|6756

EA wrote:

The "Message from EA" is very attractive (1) Suspected sarcasm.
If you read the post that came from where they summerized the feedback, this gem caught my eye.

Suspected?  Well now I donno, I got kinda hot looking at it. . . took me a few extra min to get in game after that self love fest.

Last edited by Umbra Acciptris (2005-12-11 03:47:45)

Chngster
+0|6713

VirtuaLResistancE wrote:

I've seen it, and I still think #5 should be deleted.
Rubbish.  TK punishing by idiots is one of, if not, THE MOST ANNOYING THING about BF2.  Skull & Cross Bones ... hello anyone?  Usually means something BAD is around the corner, warning warning WARNING!!! Idiot. GRrr. 

Climbing a ladder and somehow that red little thing seems to get closer and closer? Hmm.

See five of those strewn neatly across the road? Hmm.

Hear the sound of a jeep getting louder? Hmm.

Machine gun firing behind you? How about not walking sideways? Hmm.

To our collective credit most players have calmed down in the last 2 months, and opted to forgive and forget.  There are still plenty of Page Down trigger happy idiots out there who ruin the fun of the game.  Accidents happen.  Something a stray grenade will kill you.  Live with it and forgive, instead of taking 8 hard earned points away from your TEAMMATE.  By the same token just because you're an APC on Karkand doesn't mean you can fire indiscriminately into an alleyway full of friendly and foe.

Admittedly, when you die by the hands of a teammate you have no way of knowing how you died.  Console just says XXX [teamkilled] Poor_Sucker.  Irritating yes but next time, move your finger one centimeter downwards and just play on.
duckforceone
+3|6724|Denmark
actually thought of a way to solve the TK punish system...

When a TK occurs, the computer checks to see if there was an enemy within a certain range, or for the last 4 seconds there were. If so, no TK negative points occurs... if no enemy is found nearby, the person who was TK'ed, get's to choose wether to punish or not... of no punish, then you don't get any negative points. If punish, you get the full amount.

No TK negatives for claymores put above ground level.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6820

duckforceone wrote:

actually thought of a way to solve the TK punish system...

When a TK occurs, the computer checks to see if there was an enemy within a certain range, or for the last 4 seconds there were. If so, no TK negative points occurs... if no enemy is found nearby, the person who was TK'ed, get's to choose wether to punish or not... of no punish, then you don't get any negative points. If punish, you get the full amount.

No TK negatives for claymores put above ground level.
Decent idea, minus the claymore thing. Just because your a sniper doesn't mean you get to hog a spot from your team mates.
uber73
+188|6752|Brisbane
engineers are COMPLETELY underused....
engineers should receive double points across the board for every activity [obviously excluding commander engineers].

How often have u seen mined roads that stay mined, destroyed assets that remain unrepaired because a dumb commander doesnt know to drop crates.  GOD FORBID, if they change crates repair for uav/arty etc, what will be the point in having a commander role unless engineers are rewarded.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard