Cerpin_Taxt
+155|6195
And do you think this motivates alleged cover-ups (e.g. Roswell)?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6635
maybe
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6481|Gogledd Cymru

would be sweet to go around bashing goobacks
CLEVERLITTLETROJAN
I killed you,you just don't know it yet
+18|6606|birmingham,uk
No!

why?

because that's the way it is.

Last edited by CLEVERLITTLETROJAN (2007-05-06 12:24:34)

..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6641
Probably not
']['error
Banned
+630|6636|The Netherlands
damn you create allot of topics in an short time, maybe you should calm down an bit
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
No.A better thread would be.

"Would an Alien invasion unite earths armies?"
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6649|California
When they arrive... we will all know...

No, it wont unite us.. It will most likely get worse...
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

Yes. And then Mr. Bush would climb into an F/A-18 and go and blow the fuck out of those alien bastards!
CLEVERLITTLETROJAN
I killed you,you just don't know it yet
+18|6606|birmingham,uk

ghettoperson wrote:

Yes. And then Mr. Bush would climb into an F/A-18 and go and blow the fuck out of those alien bastards!
yea then he would invade there planet for oil oops sorry peace
Skorpy-chan
+127|6337|Twyford, UK
Not unless we were attacked. Frankly, I see it as more like Macross Zero's premise; alien life discovered, war on earth erupts as the UN tries to unite humanity.
agent146
+127|6378|Jesus Land aka Canada

jord wrote:

No.A better thread would be.

"Would an Alien invasion unite earths armies?"
lol read reminds me of a book i read a while back when tech advanced lizard aliens invaded earth while ww2 was still on full blast and hitler,stalin,churchill, roosevelt, musso, and horohito banned their forces and fight back.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547
Doubt it. We're too interested in one-upmanship on each other. That will never change.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

I don't see why not. If the aliens are hostile we could very well form bitter alliances with our enemies to kick them out.

And remember: stockpile on vaccines. If War of the Worlds taught us anything, it's that super advanced aliens who can travel to earth and make gigantic tripods with heat rays NEVER expect things like the common cold to kill them.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6676|United States of America
No, we Americans will find the best of that race of aliens and pit them in feats of competition against your loser aliens.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6664|Colorado
We wouldn't want one government for the world unless it was a capitalist one, as history has proven it is the only system geared to the life of a rational being & the only moral politico-economic system in history. Of course I don't speak of our current system which is a mixed economy of capitalism & statism.
To answer the question is no it would not, the political systems are incompatible. All sides would however clamor to gain friendship with the aliens resulting in a few more wars.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6758|UK
Would discovering an undercover pollux unite bf2s forums under one banner?
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6346
A strong possibility is that everyone would expect the United States to address the problem. Pretty cool if we didn't. I almost wish China would become a real threat just to watch the results.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command

Vilham wrote:

Would discovering an undercover pollux unite bf2s forums under one banner?
No.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6511|Πάϊ
No. What good would that do?
ƒ³
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
We have found aliens. They live in Miami and are from the planet Cuba.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6320

I think the (our, USA) Government is covering up A LOT of alien technology and keeping it under wraps. They want to instill fear in to Americans to try and make us agree that Aliens are evil and threatening our way of life. And if the governments accomplish this, they will get more and more money for DEFENSE technology.

Its been said before that many many air force pilots see alien space ships, and there have been many sightings of them by SR-71 Blackbird crews. But the Government has made these men sign documents saying they cannot speak out about these sightings.

No, I do not think any of us will be united.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6608|UCF
If the earth was invaded with land forces then most likely the rational governments would ban together. However, what kind of alien species would do a land assault? Better to wipe out people from high orbit.

Therefore, w/o space based weaponry; we lose.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
Yeah, im pretty sure if Aliens were able to travel how many light years to get here, We, even with our nukes and whatnot, wouldnt stand a chance in hell even if we did band together, so it wouldnt matter. A race technoligcally advanced enough for steller travel, would have developed a few kick ass weapons along the way.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6542|CH/BR - in UK

Not unless they attack

-konfusion

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard