mrlonewolf001
+1|6309
how long did it take you to make Sargent major i have been playing for awhile and it seems that rank is out of my reach
d.cripz
+29|6426
you'll get it man, i said i was gonna quit playing when i was ur rank with like 100 hours. I never expected to make it to 100 000 pts
bonedoc69
+36|6428|Eugene, Oregon U.S.A.
Dont worry man just keep playing, 30,000 points is a huge jump. After you get it 2nd lieutenant comes quick it seems. I got sargent major after about 5-6 months. Put a link to your stats up, lets have a look.
tgust5
+22|6644
ya, but i took a pretty long break when i was first sgt.  i started back up and it only took me a week or 2 to get the last 7,000 points.  going from first sgt. to sgt. major takes forever
colt.45
I use air hacks.
+25|6492|B.C Canada
took me about 250hours.
mrlonewolf001
+1|6309
bonedoc69
+36|6428|Eugene, Oregon U.S.A.
spend a little time on knife and pistol do ya!....LOL anyway you should be fine looks like your on track, just concentrate on points for a while, in other words MEDIC WHORE! infantry only kark 64 man. Revive, revive, revive, kill, revive, revive, kill etc........................................................................... then repeat.
bleed med packs as you go!

Last edited by bonedoc69 (2007-05-05 22:19:59)

=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6383|California
i usually get 100-200 points every round in IO servers just get good with ak101 and m16 and youll be SGT MJR in no time.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6692|Canberra, AUS
Plug, chug and... something away. Takes about 250h.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Nubsta5
+0|6358
Yeah, it takes forever... I just recently got it after about 2 months, but it felt a LOT longer than that.

The way I got through it was just play without worrying about anything. K/D, points, wins, losses, accuracy, they all don't matter. Just hop on with the thought, "I don't care what happens, I'm just playing the damn game!" It helped keep my mind off things.

Hours wise, I believe I got through it in 230 hours or so... >_< Got a lot of jet practice in, though! (since I didn't care, lol)
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6559|Winterpeg, Canada
I'm almost there. Been basically karkand I/O whoring for the last 100 hours.
Enzzenmachine
+20|6362
I was 1st sergeant for about 170hrs. Don't think bout the next rank, just play because 30,000 pts are pretty long to earn unless you're addicted and play with a rate of 8hrs per day at bf2.
sars99
supporter of mindless violence
+33|6502|UK
just have mini stages

when i was first sergeant i thought to myself, i'll be happy when i get 30,000 points, got to 30k wo0t! now i'll get 40k, got there! tehn its like damn, i'm only 10k away from promo wo0t!!!!

i got mine over the summer holdiasy when i wasn't going out, though it was tought wit hall the server crashes and CTDs of 1.3

anyways soon i'm coming up to the 2nd 30,000 points difference - Colonel to Brig Gen.
MrE`158
+103|6640
Mrlonewolf:  I had about the same SPM as you when I had your points, and I cleared Sergeant Major at about 400 hours total.

Yes, it's incredibly frustrating to have such a long slog to get that last unlock-rank, a bit over the top if you ask me.  Do your best to ignore it.

Get the rest of your SF Veteran Kit badges, then ignore the awards for a while, cause you're not getting any!  Concentrate on just playing the game for the game's sake.  For the next while, just sit back and enjoy it, and you'll find that Sgt. Maj. comes along in its own time.  As you play, your SPM will rise.

I'd say to you don't just medic-whore on Karkand/Jalalabad for the next hundred hours, you'll only get bored and quit.  Play the other maps, build up some hours in SF and so on, only judging by your stats you'd be quite happy to play nothing but those two, in which case carry on.  But don't forget it's a big and varied game.  The journey to Sergeant Major can be long and daunting and you might do well to add some more variety to your play to keep you interested.
jammyc53
+7|6575|Newcastle. England.
i got it in 300 hours, then its took another about 45 hours to get to 2nd LT.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6320|The | Netherlands
Make an auto-apply-for-commanderscript, turn your pc on, join a BF2 server and just be afk.
jord
+2,382|6695|The North, beyond the wall.
Don't worry about it.

I just play for fun and when i get it it'll be a nice surprise.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6582|Area 51

3lmo wrote:

Make an auto-apply-for-commanderscript, turn your pc on, join a BF2 server and just be afk.
Auto-apply-for-commanderscript? Tell me more..
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6695|In You Endo- Stoke
It took me a while longer than alot of people.

It really depends what kit you are playing the most and if your jet whoring or ground pounding.

I spent alot of my hours as Anti tank at the start,which doesn't give you the most points.
Just play for the fun of it,you will get there sooner or later and it feels good when you do.

Plus with IO you can rack points up quickly.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6343|England
Hey Mrlonewolf..remember me? lol.. yeh im only like 20,000 away now, but ive decided, as long as im having fun then it will come quicker..im also doin it in stages as well. Your only like 1000 points behind me, and if you carry on the way your goin, you will get there before me. But yeh, it will be nice when i do get there.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6647|Washington, DC

RDMC(2) wrote:

3lmo wrote:

3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff

RDMC(2) wrote:

3lmo wrote:

Well, it shouldn't be too hard to create such script. Just an auto apply thing that applies for commander at the beginning of each round
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6647|Washington, DC

3lmo wrote:

RDMC(2) wrote:

3lmo wrote:

Well, it shouldn't be too hard to create such script. Just an auto apply thing that applies for commander at the beginning of each round
No shit, we're wondering how you do it =p
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff

Hurricane wrote:

3lmo wrote:

RDMC(2) wrote:

No shit, we're wondering how you do it =p
Ehh, maybe it's included in www.msxsecurity.com It was just an crazy idea that crossed my mind
Aegis
Sailor with no BF2 Navy
+19|6762|I'm worldwide, beotch
Took me about 485 hrs. I'm slow. It was fun.

Last edited by Aegis (2007-05-06 06:03:01)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard