aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6342|Iowa...
alright,so i was playing Ghost Town yesterday as the Spetz.i spawned at our main base and was quickly shot up by a tank.strange?not really.until i found where the tank was.

https://img235.imageshack.us/img235/4164/screen146se6.th.jpg

this guy was sitting out there for a good 10-15 minutes before our chopper crew finally found him,but by that time he had netted tons of kills.my question is how did this guy pull it off?the place where he was sitting was shallow,but everything around it was deep water.anyone seen this before?
David.P
Banned
+649|6266
I've seen it before. All it takes is to have 2 engineers on jet skis follow you there repairing you while your in the deep water then when you get to the shallows park behind the building and bam there ya go.
stef10
+173|6475|Denmark

aj0404 wrote:

alright,so i was playing Ghost Town yesterday as the Spetz.i spawned at our main base and was quickly shot up by a tank.strange?not really.until i found where the tank was.

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/4164 … se6.th.jpg

this guy was sitting out there for a good 10-15 minutes before our chopper crew finally found him,but by that time he had netted tons of kills.my question is how did this guy pull it off?the place where he was sitting was shallow,but everything around it was deep water.anyone seen this before?
I am sure that if a good admin saw this then it would be a perm ban!
David.P
Banned
+649|6266

stef10 wrote:

I am sure that if a good admin saw this then it would be a perm ban!
Why? It's not illegal? There is no exploiting involved. On my old account me and another engineer did the same thing on wake. We took our tanks to the arty island then submerged ourselves below the water and raped the carrier. It was pretty funny. If you wanna know how to do that just ask and i'll show you.
stef10
+173|6475|Denmark
Yes, it is exploiting and to take a reason it is also statspadding. The engineers holding the tank alive are statspadding!
David.P
Banned
+649|6266

stef10 wrote:

Yes, it is exploiting and to take a reason it is also statspadding. The engineers holding the tank alive are statspadding!
Yeah your kinda right but what the guy did in ghost is legal what i used to do was not. Listen i only did that as a revenge tactic on wake when the chinese were raping us on carrier the round before. I must've gotten like 20 plus kills.
stef10
+173|6475|Denmark

David.Podedworny wrote:

stef10 wrote:

Yeah your kinda right but what the guy did in ghost is legal what i used to do was not. Listen i only did that as a revenge tactic on wake when the chinese were raping us on carrier the round before. I must've gotten like 20 plus kills.
Still, I think some admins would have banned with the reasons - statspadding- -exploiting- -unfair teamwork-
and so on.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6555|British Columbia, Canada

David.Podedworny wrote:

stef10 wrote:

So how did you do this?
ATC
+58|6737|...
whats with the red text at the top left, and i dont mean the in-game text like the player1[m16a2]player2 stuff, click on the picture and look, i cant tell wat it is
LT.Victim
+1,175|6555|British Columbia, Canada

ATC wrote:

whats with the red text at the top left, and i dont mean the in-game text like the player1[m16a2]player2 stuff, click on the picture and look, i cant tell wat it is
The FPS.. (Frames per second)

Type

"renderer.drawfps 1" into the console.. Default ~ on your keyboard.
MrE`158
+103|6616
If they just used Engineer-repair to get the tank out there to where it could be parked safely, it's not stat-padding, it's just a clever ploy.

Also, I think it's a nice touch that when those guys went about doing it, they swiped the T-90 out of the Spetznas base to do it with.  Classy!
~{TPP}~richoxon
I Want a New Duck
+43|6560|Up a tree

LT.Victim wrote:

ATC wrote:

The FPS.. (Frames per second)

Type

"renderer.drawfps 1" into the console.. Default ~ on your keyboard.
then type   game.lockfps 0

by default it only goes up to 99.9 fps, this unlocks it
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6650|Devil's Perch

LT.Victim wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

stef10 wrote:

So how did you do this?
As jet-skis aren't available in vanilla, I suppose he had engineers following him in a boat, perhaps even several tanks and boats with engineers?
What an absolutely great idea, seriously. That's creativity.

And to the "OMG! WTF! HAX!HAX! STATSPADDORZ" group: Do the world a favor and STFU. Seriously. It's getting old. This is just yet another example of a stupid coding shortsightedness conducted by DICE. The code to prevent this is likely to be not even a hundred lines long. Just have the program check if the vehicle is constantly taking damage (which can only be the case when a non-water vehicle enters too deep water) and if so, do not allow repairing. Bad teamwork? The complete opposite. A damn impressive achievement of an excellently cooperating team to get the tank just there.
Proud member of a dead community.
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6445

stef10 wrote:

People like you ruin this game, and the internet.   That's like saying having engineers in your littlebird with you to repair are statpadding. 

KiL
aj0404
+298|6342|Iowa...

FeedUsYourFetus wrote:

stef10 wrote:

People like you ruin this game, and the internet.   That's like saying having engineers in your littlebird with you to repair are statpadding. 

KiL
actually,David's story would be padding.two tanks under water constantly getting repaired=a lot of repair points.that's padding to me.whatever this guy did wasn't,i just don't see how he did it.i didn't see anyone else on the island near him.
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6650|Devil's Perch

aj0404 wrote:

FeedUsYourFetus wrote:

stef10 wrote:

KiL
actually,David's story would be padding.two tanks under water constantly getting repaired=a lot of repair points.that's padding to me.whatever this guy did wasn't,i just don't see how he did it.i didn't see anyone else on the island near him.
They might have left. From your story, it seems they would have had enough time for that and just waiting for an opportunity to repair a tank is too boring for most, so they most likely joined the baserape.
Proud member of a dead community.
David.P
Banned
+649|6266

aj0404 wrote:

FeedUsYourFetus wrote:

stef10 wrote:

KiL
Ill show you find an empty ghost town server and pm me.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6316|Graz, Austria
Fun thing is, in real life most battle tanks actually can go underwater several meters.
E.g. the Leopard 2 can go 4m deep with a snorkel and 1.2m without.
aj0404
+298|6342|Iowa...

globefish23 wrote:

Fun thing is, in real life most battle tanks actually can go underwater several meters.
ha,can you imagine driving around on a jet ski on Ghost Town only to be destroyed by a tank that rises up out of the ocean?crazy.
David.P
Banned
+649|6266

aj0404 wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

ha,can you imagine driving around on a jet ski on Ghost Town only to be destroyed by a tank that rises up out of the ocean?crazy.
Dont you mean the turret? Lol outta nowhere boom!
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6665|Colorado
I don't see a problem with this unless it was on a server with a no attack on the uncaps.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard