Ryan
+1,230|6834|Alberta, Canada

Is it just me, or do we come up with great rotations that are never put into place?

We need to agree on a logical map rotation (and which game, ie. BF2 or SF) and keep this rotation for more than a week.

We need people on this server.
Can we please all agree on a certain map rotation and keep it that way for 3 months or so?
We can experiment with different rotations and server names to see which grabs the most people.

My idea:

Saturdays and Sundays = Air Maps
Weekdays = People choice (they vote for which map they want to play)

Your ideas?
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6280|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Sadly, the only thing that would attract people is infantry only Karkand. Of course, you could somehow add a little zest to it. Like setting up AT rocket battles (which I'd win, of course).

What happened to the US server anyway? It doesn't even show up on my server list. Is it ranked or unranked?

Lots of questions from me.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Ryan

Ha, it probably died for good.
I think 24/7 Karkand IO is the only way to get people to join.

Shall we try it?
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

Ryan wrote:

Ha, it probably died for good.
I think 24/7 Karkand IO is the only way to get people to join.

Shall we try it?
May as well.

I played on the EU server the other day. Lagged like shit. Noobest, justice, and De_Jappe were on at the same time, I remember.

On a completely different subject, imagine what it would be like if cdogmn decided to come and join the server.

Kidnapping galore.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6528|Chicago
I don't know what you meant by "We need people on this server.", but if you need admins, I'd be happy to help. If you just meant players, I'd be happy to play as well, but as someone already said, the US server doesn't even show up on my server list.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

RedTwizzler wrote:

I don't know what you meant by "We need people on this server.", but if you need admins, I'd be happy to help. If you just meant players, I'd be happy to play as well, but as someone already said, the US server doesn't even show up on my server list.
"We need people" = there's never anyone on. EVER.

The one round I did play, it was BF2s vs. pubbers. On Dalian Plant. IO mode.

Had a hell of a time watching our commander kill the sniper guarding the hills by the Chinese airfield with a supply crate, though. And, before the match started, we kidnapped Coconut_Blitz (AKA Seal_3).

Good times, good times.
Ryan

cowami wrote:

Kidnapping galore.
More like banning galore.

The US server is fun, good people and admins, but if we don't have have anyone on it, how are we supposed to play with these good players and admins?

I'll get a hold of OrangeHound and put this idea by him.
san4
The Mas
+311|6679|NYC, a place to live
The BF2S server doesn't appear in the server browser if you have checked the setting to filter out empty servers.

It would be great to have the BF2S server active but I'm afraid people won't show up to an empty server even if it is running Karkand IO. I think the only way to get games going is to set a day and time for BF2S'ers--and their clanmates--to meet and get a game going. Once a game is going, other random people will find the server, join in and keep it populated. Isn't that how most clan servers work--the host clan starts a game and then other people join in and play even after the clan members have left? BF2S isn't a clan but the same principle applies: random people don't join empty servers, we have to start a game ourselves.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

I'm more than willing to. The only thing is, it's gotta be on a weekend for me.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

So, anyone else? C'mon, we need some dedicated players to keep the server going.

I like how I'm endorsing it even though I've only played on it once.
Ryan

I kinda started up a BF2s US Server Squad, but that died too.

US Server was born to die. Maybe we should call it the BF2s Canadian Server. More people would join, definitely.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

Ryan wrote:

US Server was born to die. Maybe we should call it the BF2s Canadian Server. More people would join, definitely.
How about we compromise?

"BF2s North American Server"?
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6521

start the rotation on karkand, then go to popular maps like sharqi, wake, mashtuur. Then move to maps like dalian and dragon so theres people in the server even if people leave because of the lack of infantry maps.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6319

Well I can't find ONE good server with the right amount of people on it running Karkand WITH vehicles. I think you'd have a better chance of doing it like that. Then rotate to other maps. I think we should stay away from air maps like Dragon and Fushe. I don't think many people like those except for jet whores. And there are few of them then regulars. It should be consistant city maps or maps with heli's.

I remember a lot of you guys (Not necessary the ones in here posting, but people in general) wanting an I/O Songhua stalemate. Ryan, I thought of putting a thread together specifically for this purpose, and recruiting all those who always wanted a good I/O Songhua and smaller Chinese city maps (16 size etc.) I thought I would brainstorm in this thread instead of through pm's. I send one to Orangehound and Downy. So any thoughts??
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Ironsteed
Fuck Shoes
+18|6462|North of Dallas
I'd play on it, but I do believe I filter for unpopulated servers, also I really only play SF these days.  But I wouldn't mind having a familiar place to play my vanilla.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6641|Keyboard
Make it a Jalalabad INF only and I'll join (I mostly play Jalalabad for sniping) .
pj666
+16|6357|Sydney, Australia
BF2s AU server has a time on Saturday nights for regulars to play, to avoid the empty server curse.
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6580|California U.S.A

cowami wrote:

RedTwizzler wrote:

"We need people" = there's never anyone on. EVER.

The one round I did play, it was BF2s vs. pubbers. On Dalian Plant. IO mode.

Had a hell of a time watching our commander kill the sniper guarding the hills by the Chinese airfield with a supply crate, though. And, before the match started, we kidnapped Coconut_Blitz (AKA Seal_3).

Good times, good times.
Hi Cowami

re:  the kidnap...erm, a few times but I was the Engineer with the M11-87 that kept shotgunning the "Killer" in the face and shotgunned the "medic" quite a few times. It was another guy I can't remember that we really duct taped and threw in the trunk as I was knifing and I think you were the medic? Oh gees I forget...

I know we got the guy good who killed me after I walked all the way from Chinese main on Dalian on IO and almost made it to the Essex.

Anywho, yes I will be available this Saturday on BF2s US server look forward to seeing everyone.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6689

No SF Imo.
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6580|California U.S.A

cowami wrote:

Ryan wrote:

How about we compromise?

"BF2s North American Server"?
And add to the Server Title:

"With Hot skanky College Girls ready to party with some girl + girl action!"

ahh at least that usally gets my attention.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

So, what shall it be assorted US server admins? Friday night is fast approaching and I want to know what to expect (if anything).
robthemadman
Always blame it on the ping
+63|6327

Im_Dooomed wrote:

Well I can't find ONE good server with the right amount of people on it running Karkand WITH vehicles. I think you'd have a better chance of doing it like that.
Yeah, the EU sevrer switched from IO Karkand to w/ vehicles the other day, seems to as popular if not more popular. 32 player map size, 40 man server.

I'll play on the US server whenever you guys are around the same time as me, because I don't think my ping should be too bad (I hope)
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6327|Oregon
Weekend Wake Island
Mondays-Wednesdays: Inf Only - Shongua, Dalian, Mashtuur, Jala 16
Thursdays/Fridays: Dragon Valley / Oman

that would make me a happy camper.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

Well, it's Saturday.

Anything? Or will I be forced to watch the Subway Series (which isn't that bad of a choice, actually(let's go Mets))?
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6528|Chicago
I'm around, too, if you need another body.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard