sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina
Wtf is going on here? 
There are many people who really need to understand that racism, stereotyping, generalization, and prejudice are not the solution. 
Have you read the latest threads about Islam or Muslims? 
There is a total disrespect for the entire Muslim community.  And I'm not Muslim.  But if some Muslim guy enters this forum and reads some threads he will run away.  [insert bad joke about Muslims blowing shit here]
And I noticed some Nazi comments as well.  Nothing compared to the reigning Islamophobia, but still scaring, since we all know what Nazism can do.
The discriminatory comments need to stop.  Thousands of kids read this.  What are we teaching them?  That the whole Middle East is a bunch of terrorists?  I don't think that's right. 
If you don't like Religion cool.  If you don't like Islam cool.  But show some respect for other people's beliefs and stop generalizing about Religions and Ethnic groups.
We are not helping the situation, we are spreading the hate.

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-05-07 18:32:47)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

Agreed.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6364|The Gem Saloon
i hope that my hatred for wahabists is not taken as racism against islam as a whole.
it is not my intent to have people think im a bigot, but i fucking HATE wahabists.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Next time a Roman Catholic in 2007 stones someone for dating a Baptist, you can call me a racist.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6540|Portland, OR, USA
I'm not racist, racism is a crime.  And crime's for black people.

/joke I've used like 5 times in the last 2 days
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

Parker wrote:

i hope that my hatred for wahabists is not taken as racism against islam as a whole.
it is not my intent to have people think im a bigot, but i fucking HATE wahabists.
At least, they are a sect and you are not generalising about the whole Muslim Community.
Archer
rapes face
+161|6394|Canuckistan
I agree with this.

Leave the hate for when you come into the IRC.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
I agree, as you already guessed, from your reply.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

usmarine2005 wrote:

Next time a Roman Catholic in 2007 stones someone for dating a Baptist, you can call me a racist.
If you are talking about the Kurdish girl they were not Muslims.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

I know.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6662|Calgary
Making true points about Islam, is not racism, however, writing a book about it will get you killed.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

usmarine2005 wrote:

If I'm reading it right, you're saying those sorts of incidents happen a lot in Islam.

I think that the media simply likes to report on this stuff. There are lots of peaceful muslims. In elementary school I knew this kid who was muslim, and he was very friendly as were his parents. Are there lots of fanatical muslims as well? Yes. But we can't let the bad apples spoil the whole tree.

I could make sweeping, harsh generalizations about other groups of people too. Whites are evil cause they enslaved Africans.

C'mon everyone. It might be hard for some but the world would be a better place if we saw bad people as bad people and good people.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525
Certain forum users descend to the lowest common denominator, racism, sectarianism, bigotry and generalisation, at the drop of a hat. But whaddaya gonna do? You can't legislate for the sheer volume of morons who are members of online forums.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

CameronPoe wrote:

Certain forum users descend to the lowest common denominator, racism, sectarianism, bigotry and generalisation, at the drop of a hat. But whaddaya gonna do? You can't legislate for the sheer volume of morons who are members of online forums.
Not for lack of trying.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Hurricane wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

If I'm reading it right, you're saying those sorts of incidents happen a lot in Islam.

I think that the media simply likes to report on this stuff. There are lots of peaceful muslims. In elementary school I knew this kid who was muslim, and he was very friendly as were his parents. Are there lots of fanatical muslims as well? Yes. But we can't let the bad apples spoil the whole tree.

I could make sweeping, harsh generalizations about other groups of people too. Whites are evil cause they enslaved Africans.

C'mon everyone. It might be hard for some but the world would be a better place if we saw bad people as bad people and good people.
oh...my bad

"Muslim school girl at Jean-Mermoz College in Lyon, France was injured by gravel thrown at her by four male classmates who are Muslim, as reported in the regional newspaper Le Progrès . The reason given was for eating during the fast of Ramadan, and thus not observing what is believed by Muslims to be one of the five pillars of Muslim faith."

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/French_scho … ng_Ramadan

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/French_Teac … zing_Islam
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK

Hurricane wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

One of my best mates for 6 years was muslim. Any sterotype of muslims is bullshit. He had better morals than most of the people on this forum... I was more "fascist" than him.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

The report button works here. If a post is blatantly offensive use it. We talk about sensitive subjects in here and if someone crosses the line from intellectual debate to hateful remarks they will be taken care of. Otherwise challenge their views.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK

usmarine2005 wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

oh...my bad

"Muslim school girl at Jean-Mermoz College in Lyon, France was injured by gravel thrown at her by four male classmates who are Muslim, as reported in the regional newspaper Le Progrès . The reason given was for eating during the fast of Ramadan, and thus not observing what is believed by Muslims to be one of the five pillars of Muslim faith."

lol... so because people back in year 8 tied people to fences and trees during CCF exercises they were obviously influenced by Jewish/Christian believe even thought they didnt believe a word of it.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Vilham wrote:

lol... so because people back in year 8 tied people to fences and trees during CCF exercises they were obviously influenced by Jewish/Christian believe even thought they didnt believe a word of it.
I am an equal opportunity religion hater.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

What about the Kurdish rock-throwers who are Muslim?

You are advocating political correctness.
Fuck that: you bag on Bush, capitalism and Israel and I will bag on Islam.

Do you really want me complaining about your palestinian threads:?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK

Kmarion wrote:

The report button works here. If a post is blatantly offensive use it. We talk about sensitive subjects in here and if someone crosses the line from intellectual debate to hateful remarks they will be taken care of. Otherwise challenge their views.
Thats the thing, half the time to report button doesnt work, and aswell as that even if not reported if a moderator disagrees with you its removed/censored.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Vilham wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Thats the thing, half the time to report button doesnt work, and aswell as that even if not reported if a moderator disagrees with you its removed/censored.
It's a fine line.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

usmarine2005 wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

oh...my bad

The 13-year-old told Bristol Crown Court the Rev David Smith had taken advantage of him after he joined the choir at St John's in Clevedon. He said the vicar had kissed him and abused him after inviting him to the vicarage for roast dinners.

How would Catholic people feel if I'd say that all priests do the same?  That would be generalising.
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6495|dunno
I have Friends that are form the middle east. Most of them are good people trying to make a living just like every one else.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

sergeriver wrote:

How would Catholic people feel if I'd say that all priests do the same?  That would be generalising.
No..it would be fairly true.  But since it is covered up, how can you say it is not?

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2007-05-04 17:48:15)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard