ntberry1037
+0|6752
Anyone have any tips for getting kills and not being killed so much. Seems like I can stand point blank and unload a full magazine into someone and they don't die. Mean while, I get hit twice and I'm dead? My kill to death ratio is horrible. It makes the game way to frustrating. Thanks for any advice and tips anyone can provide.

Also, I never seem to get any medals or anything. How do you get teamwork points? I almost always play in a squad and try to stick together to get team points.

Last edited by ntberry1037 (2005-12-10 14:51:07)

Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6884|Germany / Saxony
Team point will you recieve from capping a flag (or neutralizing) or you do assist such things.
For healing, repairing and ammo supply. Also driver points, when you are together with someone in a vehicle and he does a kill or heal or resupply.

For your k/d ratio. Use tactics. War is based on good tactics. DonĀ“t run in a group of enemies and try to mow them all down. This is not the best way...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
<b|k> lukie
+7|6761|Germany
Don't run on open ground. Prone and zoom before shooting. Try to hit the head, you need up to 7 bullets with a m4 to kill an armored soldier when hitting the chest. Empty your clip at near distace, but fire bursts (2-3 shots) at medium and high distance, weapons in BF2 are very inaccurate. Use your (mostly stupid ) teammates as distraction. Dont use the main routes, walk on the back routes. Dont stay still, move when moving from A to B, sinper won't get you and enemies won't get a clear shot on you. Jump and move around when being shot from an unknown position. Keep soma stamina for emergency, perhaps you'll need to escape a tank coming round an corner.

HTH
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6848|Marathon, Florida Keys
grenade launcher
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6814|Noizyland

Shut it Patton, don't entice another one to the dark side of the force.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
deject
Got His War On
+37|6813|Golden, CO
Tyferra, chill out.  Just because you get killed by grenade launchers all the time doesn't mean no one should ever use them.  Not everyone who uses it is a bunny hopping loser.
Jester.retseJ
+4|6770|Toronto, On

ntberry1037 wrote:

Anyone have any tips for getting kills and not being killed so much. Seems like I can stand point blank and unload a full magazine into someone and they don't die. Mean while, I get hit twice and I'm dead? My kill to death ratio is horrible. It makes the game way to frustrating. Thanks for any advice and tips anyone can provide.

Also, I never seem to get any medals or anything. How do you get teamwork points? I almost always play in a squad and try to stick together to get team points.
If your ground and pound isn't up to par, get your behind in a vehicle. You, as a little peon soldier, can take approximately 2-4 shots before you die. You in a vehicle and/or armor can take many many bullets and several AT hits before you die. The vehicle is just another shell around your little peon soldier which helps absorb more enemy fire. The more enemy fire you can absorb, the longer you're in the fight, and the better chances you have of getting more kills.

As for your ground and pound; practise, practise, and more practise in SP. a) Aim for the head and not the body, b) shoot in bursts, full auto only sprays bullets and decreases accuracy, c) pick your spots, rambo tactics are for hollywood, attack only when you have the advantage, if not then retreat and try again later.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6814|Noizyland

deject wrote:

Tyferra, chill out.  Just because you get killed by grenade launchers all the time doesn't mean no one should ever use them.  Not everyone who uses it is a bunny hopping loser.
I don't actually get killed by it too much, I just pity those who constantly walk around with the damn thing. What Patton was suggesting though was simply using it to up a kill/death ratio, which is what people refer to as n00b-t00bing and quite rightly are pissed off by it.
Anyway it was meant to be a joke - look at the Star Wars referance.

Here's a tip though to become a better BF player, (it works for me anyway.)
Although realism shouldn't be an issue in a computer game, trick yourself into thinking that you only have one life. There is no such thing as a re-spawn and if you die, you have to wait until the round is over. This will stop you from simply charging in to the nearest choke-point to be riddled with bullets. You will re-think, and find other ways around a specific point. This will allow you to get the jump on a lot of enemies and be able to take them unawares without them firing a shot.

Another tip. If you are not in the ideal position to score a kill, don't fire. If you can't kill them with the first volley of bullets, then move closer, or to a place which gives you the best possible chance of a kill. I say this because if you simply fire as soon as you see an enemy, chances are you will not kill them and they will know you're there. Then they will either take cover or know where you are and kill you.

Here's another one, which can seem pretty obvious, but even experianced players forget it.
If you see a tank, or other veichle that your class was not meant to deal with, spot it out, and then seek cover. Do not throw grenades at a tank, or even fire a GL. It will give away your position and will be fairly useless at dealing with the tank. Leave it to someone who is suited for tank destruction.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
deject
Got His War On
+37|6813|Golden, CO

Tyferra wrote:

deject wrote:

I don't actually get killed by it too much, I just pity those who constantly walk around with the damn thing. What Patton was suggesting though was simply using it to up a kill/death ratio, which is what people refer to as n00b-t00bing and quite rightly are pissed off by it.
Anyway it was meant to be a joke - look at the Star Wars referance.
ah right.  I need to get my humor detector checked...

that's some good advice too.  If you see a tank and you're not Anti-Tank or Spec-Ops, your plan should be to escape with your life.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6770|Uhh... erm...
For teamwork points, play Medic a lot. Especially on urban maps. As for K/D, it doesn't actually matter that much to me, which might explain why I tend to run up to APCs and tanks and dodge their bullets to freak them out.
NEK
+0|6769|North Of Newcsatle Australia
Jump and spray, Jump and spray, Jump Jump, Spray Spray.... LoLz Thats the way the NooBs seem to kill me :-(
ntberry1037
+0|6752
I appreciate the tips and advice! I'll take all the help I can get. I do the charge routine mostly. Guess I better give that up.
YitEarp
+1|6764
first off dont stand there unloading a clip full auto at someone.  crough or prone if possible and burst or single tap, full auto only at point blank to medium range or close to it for the most part.  aim for chest/head, lead your target. use the terrain to your advantage, check corners, etc.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard