Volatile
+252|6706|Sextupling in Empire

I'm sorry, but when I heard from the video in th OP "We have an aging quiet america. They are not making babies, they are dying. It's a matter of time. The explosion is in our population", I couldn't help but think of the movie Idiocracy.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6281

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

I'm sorry, but when I heard from the video in th OP "We have an aging quiet america. They are not making babies, they are dying. It's a matter of time. The explosion is in our population", I couldn't help but think of the movie Idiocracy.
It should also make you think about white supremacist propaganda of years gone by, of the "those inferior mud people are outbreeding the pure white race" variety. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy was saying that just to yank their chains a bit.

Last edited by HunterOfSkulls (2007-05-05 01:07:51)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina
It would appear that one thing seems clear throughout this thread.  America ultimately cares about only one thing: making money.  Whether it's politicians, employers, or illegals, people are willing to sacrifice morals, laws, and national security in favor of getting more cash.

That being said, I think it's quite apparent that capitalism has become a disease of the mind for our culture.

Oh well, at least we're not as shitty as Mexico is....  yet.

By the way, ATG, after you explained yourself in greater detail, I can relate to your situation.  Given what you told me, I sure as hell would move -- maybe as far as Canada.  It sounds like California is becoming a lost cause.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command

Turquoise wrote:

It would appear that one thing seems clear throughout this thread.  America ultimately cares about only one thing: making money.  Whether it's politicians, employers, or illegals, people are willing to sacrifice morals, laws, and national security in favor of getting more cash.

That being said, I think it's quite apparent that capitalism has become a disease of the mind for our culture.

Oh well, at least we're not as shitty as Mexico is....  yet.

By the way, ATG, after you explained yourself in greater detail, I can relate to your situation.  Given what you told me, I sure as hell would move -- maybe as far as Canada.  It sounds like California is becoming a lost cause.
I was thinking seriously about Canada. My wife is open to Colorado, we'll see.

But, with the mayor who he is and people like Fabian Nunez in power, California is in big trouble.

As for Colorado:
http://www.cairco.org/issues/issues_crime_colorado.html

it indeed may not be far enough away.

Last edited by ATG (2007-05-05 22:35:59)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina
Sometimes I wonder if we should "annex" certain areas of Mexico in the Israeli style of dealing with things....
dubbs
+105|6633|Lexington, KY

ATG wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

@ ATG

Is it not grossly hypocritical for you to complain about illegal immigration and continue to happily employ them?
Actually, I'm fairly miserable. To the point that I am manuevering to leave the state, and change the nature of my business from service to retail.
Grossly hypocritical would be underpaying them and not paying taxes.
As much as 1/3 of the population here on the frontlines are illegal aliens.

What can I do?

Strryker here on the forums has been offered a job.
I don't EVER stop for illegal day-laborers. I require SS numbers, the state does nothing to verify they are legit. I use state labor location services, and guess what: all they send over are illegal aliens.

My best guy made 55k last year, any legal citizens in southern california needing work feel free to pm me.

We are fucked here, as an employer.
ATG, I remember you saying that if they did not have a Social Security number you give them a number to be tracked by.  Also, you are starting to sound like Walmart.  "It is not our fault that the contracting companies sent us illegals."  It is your responsibility as an employer to make for sure every one is legally able to work in the US. 

Let's take a different look at this, if people like you quit hiring them, then they would not have a reason to cross the borders in the first place.  What is that quote from the Bible, Take the log out of your own eye first before taking the needle out of your brothers, or something like that.  The responsibility is not all on the positions to take a step in stopping illegals from crossing the border.  If employers were to quit paying them, they would have less of a reason to cross the border.  You are part of the problem from my view point. 

Also, it does not matter how many people you offer a job to.  Offering a job is different then actually hiring a person.
dubbs
+105|6633|Lexington, KY

sergeriver wrote:

ATG you should blame your president for being more concerned about Iraq borders than the US borders.
Maybe we should blame Clinton, and Congress during that time for the North America Free Trade act.  We sent jobs to Mexico, I know that at the time the 3rd largest printing company in the US (Lexmark) set up shop in Mexico.  They could not get the labor they expected, so they locked up the plant, and shipped everything to China.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command

dubbs wrote:

ATG wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

@ ATG

Is it not grossly hypocritical for you to complain about illegal immigration and continue to happily employ them?
Actually, I'm fairly miserable. To the point that I am manuevering to leave the state, and change the nature of my business from service to retail.

What can I do?

I don't EVER stop for illegal day-laborers. I require SS numbers, the state does nothing to verify they are legit. I use state labor location services, and guess what: all they send over are illegal aliens.

My best guy made 55k last year, any legal citizens in southern california needing work feel free to pm me.

ATG, I remember you saying that if they did not have a Social Security number you give them a number to be tracked by.  Also, you are starting to sound like Walmart.  "It is not our fault that the contracting companies sent us illegals."  It is your responsibility as an employer to make for sure every one is legally able to work in the US. 

Let's take a different look at this, if people like you quit hiring them, then they would not have a reason to cross the borders in the first place.  What is that quote from the Bible, Take the log out of your own eye first before taking the needle out of your brothers, or something like that.  The responsibility is not all on the positions to take a step in stopping illegals from crossing the border.  If employers were to quit paying them, they would have less of a reason to cross the border.  You are part of the problem from my view point. 

Also, it does not matter how many people you offer a job to.  Offering a job is different then actually hiring a person.
So you want a job?
dubbs
+105|6633|Lexington, KY

ATG wrote:

dubbs wrote:

ATG wrote:

What can I do?

So you want a job?
I have one.  Plus, I do not see a reason to move to CA just to do something for a living that I do not think I would enjoy doing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard