Donald O' Brien
+104|6704
Hey guys I need some help.  Whenever my girlfriend is about to get a call on her cellphone (and even sometimes when she isn't) her computer speakers make a crackling noise.  Does anybody know what causes this, or possibly a way to fix it?
_1_MAN-ARMY.19
+25|6271
lol its not fixable it's just normal Just don't have cell phone right next to speakers and it won't do it

Last edited by _1_man-army.19 (2007-05-03 16:29:51)

farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6531

well if your a computer you would know right?

*points to thing under name*
Donald O' Brien
+104|6704

farmerfez wrote:

Lol, if only!
OmniDeath
~
+726|6644

its probably just interference. keep the phone away from the speakers and it should be fine.
subz3r0mkt
+27|6677
Stop all the downloadin'!
0ji
+36|6229|Estados Unidos

farmerfez wrote:

Lol +1 for that

And yeah just keep the phone away from the computer/speakers
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

Do you use onboard sound?
Donald O' Brien
+104|6704

jsnipy wrote:

Yeah she does, she's not much of a gamer.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6598|Seattle

It's the radio waves causing interference with the speakers. Mine does it all the time. Yay! Analog!
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
SGT_Squirtle
+13|6716
Let me guess... Motorola Razr right? my boss has the same problem with the stereo on his desk.
russ)=spetsnaz
Banned
+131|6456|the guy in the hind on gator
yes i get that to, next time it rings turn of ur speakers.
Donald O' Brien
+104|6704

SGT_Squirtle wrote:

Let me guess... Motorola Razr right? my boss has the same problem with the stereo on his desk.
Exactly, you guessed it.
_1_MAN-ARMY.19
+25|6271

Donald O' Brien wrote:

SGT_Squirtle wrote:

Exactly, you guessed it.
does it with all cell phones.. just turn speaker off :]
Donald O' Brien
+104|6704

_1_man-army.19 wrote:

Donald O' Brien wrote:

SGT_Squirtle wrote:

Exactly, you guessed it.
I'm not sure about that, because my phone doesn't seem to affect her speakers.  I have a Motorola V262.
_1_MAN-ARMY.19
+25|6271

Donald O' Brien wrote:

_1_man-army.19 wrote:

Donald O' Brien wrote:

Exactly, you guessed it.
I'm not sure about that, because my phone doesn't seem to affect her speakers.  I have a Motorola V262.
hmm.. i got blackberry it affects mine ;/
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6487|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Depends on how strong the signal is, my room mates Nextell phone even in his room will cause my speakers to hum if he uses it, my Black Jack will on set them off if its on my computer table
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6631|Washington, DC

Yeah it's just radio interference. Might be crappy speakers, they should be shielded against that stuff.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

Donald O' Brien wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Yeah she does, she's not much of a gamer.
Onboard sound is far more likely to pickup interference, then a sound card.
Sgt.Scream.MDK
+19|6764|Florida - America's Wang!

jsnipy wrote:

Onboard sound is far more likely to pickup interference, then a sound card.
It's not the soundcard, its the speakers themselves. I've heard TVs and surround sound speakers "click" when a cell phone is nearby.
Donald O' Brien
+104|6704

SgtHeihn wrote:

Depends on how strong the signal is, my room mates Nextell phone even in his room will cause my speakers to hum if he uses it, my Black Jack will on set them off if its on my computer table
That may be the secret.
00Colburn
+2|6709|The Dorf, MD
I have same problem with my Cingular phone.  Never had the problem with Sprint phone, it could be the freq that the phone is using.  It does cause problems on just about every speaker set in my house, from computers to TVs.  Just keep the phone away from it by a couple feet and everything should be fine, like everyone else said.
Donald O' Brien
+104|6704

Hurricane wrote:

Yeah it's just radio interference. Might be crappy speakers, they should be shielded against that stuff.
Yep, she has the crappy Dell speakers that came with the computer.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

Donald O' Brien wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

That may be the secret.
pull the speakers out, plug in headphones, see if u still hear it.
Sgt.Scream.MDK
+19|6764|Florida - America's Wang!

Donald O' Brien wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

That may be the secret.
It is, when a cell phone receives a call or contacts a cell tower (just to ping its location), the phone ramps up the electromagnetic field to boost its antenna. This boost interferes with speakers, which interpret the electromagnetic field as a signal. Basically what downy said

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard