AndrewPoison
T5 gemustert
+2|6817|Germany
Well, some stupid question, but did you? I mean, you know that situation: someone is in the chopper, you join as gunner... 10 secs later the chopper crashs into other buildings. But if it is one of those superb days, when you have the luck to have a good pilot, do you say that to him after a few min's of flyin'?

Last edited by AndrewPoison (2005-12-10 07:48:12)

Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6775|The Hague, Holland
Yeh I always tell my pilote he's badass if he fly's good .
nitroglycerin [SWE]
+0|6720|Falsterbo Sweden
I now take it as a habbit to praise everyone that I think perform their duty really good. Both as a commander and a soldier I do that frequently. Although pilots stand out and distinguish themselves a lot more than infantrysoldiers.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6781|England
Ive said it before yeah, And had it said to me
n00b.Worx
+44|6719|West Berlin!
Of course, I always thank him for the trip...!
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6715|Oregon
i get some really good tv bombers, and some shitty ones. i complement the good ones. same with with my pilots. when im gunning, i get complimented alot, but not so much when im flying.
TripleKo
+2|6773|Sweden
Yes, I tell him personally after inviting him to my squad, if VoIP is supported.
mycatsdied
+1|6785
Absolutley ... If you get lucky enought to get one of those great pilots that really knows how to fly I alway let him know hes doing a great job. Works the other way too. If all my pilot does is fly around and try to capture bases I let him know hes being a jackass and that needs to stop or hes going to lose a gunner.

cats
adv3rsary
+28|6708
yes it did, once and only once. and he was really good. we were in an apache the entire round without dying even once... got like 20 kills and 20 kill assists...
n1nj41c l337ne55
+1|6737|Pittsburgh, Virginia lol
I always do this. It helps
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6789|Barrington, RI
I always tell my pilots that they are good.  it helps to inflate their ego's making them fly better.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6802|Marathon, Florida Keys
truth is im hardly ever satisfied with pilots, i mean most of them dont know evasive manuvers like i do, i tell them what to do to manuver but 99% of them blow me off. the ones that listen to me and line me up targets are excellent, and i congradulate them.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
slidero
I'd prefer flying alone to having a pubbie gunner/pilot.

But if they're not bad I'll try and squad up to use voip.

Last edited by slidero (2005-12-10 10:33:23)

chitlin
Banned
+36|6755
you got a 1.7 chopper ratio .. looks like you need to practice them evasive manuevers youre so good at
slidero

chitlin wrote:

you got a 1.7 chopper ratio .. looks like you need to practice them evasive manuevers youre so good at
K/D ratios in choppers mean pretty much nothing.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6802|Marathon, Florida Keys

chitlin wrote:

If that was directed at me, yes i suck in choppers, ive given up on them, i was talking about airplanes
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
chitlin
Banned
+36|6755
the topic was choppers..

and how does it mean nothing ?
OholibaH
The Disconnected
+0|6829
I always do so. If he is noobish and going on taking the chopper (and wasting it) I'll shout at him. If he's good I'll tell him he is!
Nemesis-SBS-
+9|6831|6,000 ft & falling......weeeee
i always compliment good skills either in the air on on land...makes the game much more enjoyable
RadeonII
+1|6768
Just last night ( this morning at 330 am ) I was flying and my gunner told me i was doing a great job, he then added that he was also a great pilot and wanted to show me. so, I landed to let him give it a shot.  This guy may have been okay at flying but all he did was turn, tight turns too I mean I couldn't even aim at anything. being a good pilot is one thing but you're main function is to give the gunner something to shoot at IMO

If i get with a great pilot I`m sure to let him know.
slidero

chitlin wrote:

the topic was choppers..

Because a good heli pilot lets the gunner get 99% of the kills by keeping distance and letting the gunner use TV missles.  They just rack up driver kill assists.  For example, my chopper ratio is around 2.5, but I have nearly 8,000 driver assists.  A person that guns most of the time in the chopper would have a way higher ratio but few driver points.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6748|The Netherlands
sure when i am lucky to sit with a great pilot i sure give him a compliment (they fly even better after that compliment)
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6738

slidero wrote:

chitlin wrote:

the topic was choppers..

Because a good heli pilot lets the gunner get 99% of the kills by keeping distance and letting the gunner use TV missles.  They just rack up driver kill assists.  For example, my chopper ratio is around 2.5, but I have nearly 8,000 driver assists.  A person that guns most of the time in the chopper would have a way higher ratio but few driver points.
100% true.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6748|United States of America
My friend thinks he is a great pilot, well he is, only when avoiding trees.  If I'm in the gunner seat, I will tell him where the enemy is and instead of hovering and lettin me kill him, he'll try and blow teh guy up with rockets.  Thats when we hit a tree.  Whereas when I'm flying for him, I give him the best shots possible and i tell him there are enemies everywhere around us.  He'll just sit there for a minute, then try to shoot someone, and i have to leave him behind because the chopper was gettin ripped.  Don't fly with my friend, his name is aketchupbottle. so watch out!
Mr_Spork
+2|6734
My favourite pilot is called theunholymasterofwar

I hardly congratulate good pilots because there's hardly any to praise. But once you get one, there's nothing to stop you especially on maps like Kubra Dam.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard