Dsn1239
+0|6759
I have hardly played this map as I can rarely find it on a populated server. Is it that bad?

Don't get me wrong I am not too keen on a 24hr Perch server its just I like to play all maps with and without vehicles (apart from Iron Gator I/O).
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6658
i love it. kmal and i pwn in devils perch.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6667|BC, Canada
naw its a great map, people always flock to ghost town or warlord servers though.... to bad
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6573|Area 51
Its a cool map, but night flight is more fun.
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6852|Waikato, Aotearoa
Its a fun map to play. I like it (and Night Flight too)
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6666|Devil's Perch
Personally, I think Devil's Perch is probably the best SF map and definitely the best night map. It's just so unpopular, like the other night maps, too, because it's a different feeling and most don't like to play with either night vision on or limited sight.
Proud member of a dead community.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6703|Howell, Mi USA
Devils Perch rocks, i just wish it was more popular.      

Same with Leviathan
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
MrE`158
+103|6632
Definitely the best night map, I think.

The problem is that there are a lot of people who don't like the night maps, or their machines aren't up to running them smoothly, so they won't join a server that's running them.

I've seen server populations cut in half by a rotation that switches from Warlord to Devil's Perch, which is a real shame since it's a great map for a full 64-man server.
Dwit
+34|6518

Cbass wrote:

Devils Perch rocks, i just wish it was more popular.      

Same with Leviathan
amen to that
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6693|United States of America
The map has so much potential. You could go screaming through checkpoints in the Raider or scale the cliffs and walls to sneakily get up to the main as SEALs. On the other hand, you can rain death from above via the cliffs or hit the boats with an Eryx round. As I said, it has so much potential if people would play it but apparently noobs can't see in the dark
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6332|Graz, Austria

DesertFox- wrote:

apparently noobs can't see in the dark
Well, the noobs could stay in one of the lights.
Nicodemus.....J3
+3|6689
DP is a great map.  All of the SF maps are good, but the night maps add something extra to the series that makes it more fun.  My personal favorite is going along the top of the wall on the island and sniping at the road and building flags.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6757|Mark it zero.
I think it's the best map for BF2/SF. I like the 32 player version the most though. With the 64 player map you have to do a lot of chasing people around because of all the CPs being spread out. But of course that can still be fun at times
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6671|USA
The SF night maps require teamwork to be fully enjoyed. Too many times on there I am playing against that team who has the awesome teamwork and I am setup with guys who cant even make squads.

So I am a GT & Warlord whore.
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6418|Espoo, Finland

RDMC(2) wrote:

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6574|England

RDMC(2) wrote:

Agreed. NF and DP both work very well with vehicles and on IO.

But people just cant give up their whorelord palace.
Raphi
Banned
+354|6267|Basel, Switzerland
I usually play Warlord if I play SF. Often I play wake or flight maps
DSRTurtle
+56|6694
i think it depends on the map size rather than the number of players.  I think the 32 player maps for NF and DP are great for both vehicle and IO.  Either mode requires a lot of teamwork to enjoy.  You don't have to use the night vision goggles on them.  I've found that i can see fairly well for the most part with out the stupid nv goggles. 

No I can't see long distance, but then I play assult or medic and continously attack CP's unless i know a APC or Tank is nearby and I need to be AT to deal with it. 

Maybe the noobs who don't like night maps should try it on single player to get a feel for some of the game play on the night maps.  It's what I did.  I may not have BRS over a 100 on them but after I played them on single player it helped me adjust to get better at them in multiplayer.  78 on NF and 95 or something on DP and 60 something on Leviathan.
jord
+2,382|6687|The North, beyond the wall.
Not really.

I prefer Warlord and Toast town.With vehicles.

Warlord so i can snipe and Toast town so i can dominate everyone in my Apache.
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6461|Cambridge, UK

Love it and all the other non-popular SF/EF/AF maps.... but each takes a slightly different mode of play and so many players are one (or two) trick ponies so stick to Kark, Warlord, Wake or whatever map they can heli heli heli....

Trouble is finding a good server hence still having most my time played on Warlord

Last edited by KylieTastic (2007-04-30 11:36:13)

NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6678|Everett, WA, US
The Perch is awesome, I just wish more servers ran it around the West Coast.
Des.Kmal
+917|6626|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
perch > all

end of story.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6777|Human Meat Shield
Night maps are really fun, Im not too fond of Leviathan though. Warlord is the best map by far, Night Flight is really nice and Ghost Town is easy if you have people knowing what to do.

If Night Flight was a day map and 'dusty atmosphere' like Karkand and Warlord it would have become the best infantry map in BF2. Even though Im not a vehicle person I think EA should have released a map with a jet or two in it, but I guess the Insurgents couldnt afford one.
jord
+2,382|6687|The North, beyond the wall.

imdead wrote:

Night maps are really fun, Im not too fond of Leviathan though. Warlord is the best map by far, Night Flight is really nice and Ghost Town is easy if you have people knowing what to do.

If Night Flight was a day map and 'dusty atmosphere' like Karkand and Warlord it would have become the best infantry map in BF2. Even though Im not a vehicle person I think EA should have released a map with a jet or two in it, but I guess the Insurgents couldnt afford one.
And yet they can afford state of the art UAV's.
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6593|Finland

RDMC(2) wrote:

I was just saying that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard