DooM
+28|6308
I've been tk'd a lot more by the lower ranks rather than generals for vehicles.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51

killa_karnickl wrote:

BL4CKL10N wrote:

a general deserves respect, even though not all of them seem to be very talented players. Their will to play hard for their goals make these ppl very special, no matter how they do in real game.
I agree with that! I always respect generals on the BF, especially 4 stars. Colonel is personally a rank that's maybe very overrated because people with loads of points far over 200 000 may never become a general because they only play the same class and the same vehicle all the time... that's quite sad.
so as general u need to play every vehicle for some time, giving u some experience...

But u will never aware of a noobish general or colonel. or whatever. maybe his son or brother is playing ....

for myself I am still a colonel because i got my 180 000 points too fast. Now i need about 100 hours doing nothing to become general... -.-
Lol I have to do the same to get to 2 stars..
taffy1979
+7|6618|u.k
^^^ Yeah cheers Karkand/Medic whore. The problem i had when stating the game was i sucked so bad. This is the first fps i have ever played online. With my hours i should really be at least a major but there you go i am now trying to make up for being so shit to start with. So underated is captain
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
dont really aggree with this whole topic, there are shitty players of overy rank, there are great players of every rank. thats just it, there are over rated and under rated players but not ranks, unless your hung up on that kind of thing.

yes generals do have a substansial amount of fortitude to make it to their rank. but that dosent mean much for thier in game play.

That being said, if I had to go with something, Id say unranked players are underated by those who play ranked servers. And quite a few ranked players over rate themselves by their ranks and stats.
hollabackitsobi
+1|6248
Sometimes I think these ranks will only mean something for a little while longer, it won't take that long for everyone no matter how shit they are to become an officer...that's why they should have made/kept the rank system harder. Anyway... I think the most underrated is Sgt Major because no one ever stays on it for too long, it's just a skip away from 2nd Lieutenant.
Smaf
+0|6207
My quote may be slightly off but... "Generals weren't placed on the front line. They were up in their tents drinking wine, directing the battle. " ~Red Dwarf

Perhaps this explains why Generals lack certain skills? They're all too drunk xD
sars99
supporter of mindless violence
+33|6487|UK
underrated: Brig General (1 star)

basically its these guys that get all the badges before hitting the time requirements, they are the better players imo

overated: Colonel

though i am soon to be one i find so many of them are just so damn useless without there one for of point harvesting device
HSG
+23|6475|British Columbia, Canada
underated : those privates
overated: definatley coloenol
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6454|Ontario, Canada
for me i would say under-rated is generals, we lower rank ppl may think there dicks, but you know what? they have the right to be dicks. They played the game for so long, theyve gone through the high and low times in the game and have to put up with fresh new privates who think tk'ing is fun.

over rated: colonel
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
LX_Undertaker_LX
+5|6235|South African
What are the requirement to get General?? On BF2S it says " Rank: Lieutenant General
Score: 200,000
Notes: Highest rank of the month "
Does that mean you have to have scored the highest score in BF2 for a month?

I got several friends that have Lieutenant General but it says 100% for General yet they not.

Thanks
LX
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6573

Over rated: 3 star general because I don't remember a decent 3 star general. The ones I've played with are either average or below average IMO.

Under rated: Which brings me to my point that rank doesn't equal skill. So...
Donald O' Brien
+104|6705

10973 wrote:

Over rated is generals i always see generals and they arnt always good, yes some are ok but i do better than generals and im a sgt something not all but most genearals are good teamwork or anything i ussually see sgts and lt's doing good they always play in my squad and we do good and generals are so sociable
under rated is from sgt 1st class to master sgt ppl think they suck but if they are that rank they must hav played for a while and be pretty good. like me im a sgt i sucked at first but now im always in top 3 wen im playing properlly  with mic and that and im always a team player . i just hate noobs who never join a squad and go in solo and then end up dieing and still dont join my squad it so anoying and if they do join ur squad then they dont co oporate like being medics and work together like spawning on u. i always join a squad, unless i forget and i certainly accept ionvites. one day i just join a random squad it was just him in there and i spawned on him we both had mic and we were both medics we were unstoppable we moved together and owned the server if he died i revived him and if i died he rivived me and if he wasnt medic he always picked up kit that the kind of play u need me and him finished both top 3 and top 2 in the team and no one else joined the squad shame because i just joined randomly and suddenly we owned just shows if u have team work+ avarage+ skill u can do almost anything but for those who never join squad and go solo.... bloody retards
You sure have a way with words.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6810|Marathon, Florida Keys
ZOMG, a discussion about differnt pictures next to ppls names on internets!
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Frontside5-0
+3|6228
Karkand stinks like a leaky wet fart out of my ass.  I have no respect for you if thats your favorite map.  Sure it may have been good when the game first came out.  But if you still play Karkand on a daily basis you fail.  Go get some points on a real level.

Frontside5-0 wrote:

Karkand stinks like a leaky wet fart out of my ass.  I have no respect for you if thats your favorite map.  Sure it may have been good when the game first came out.  But if you still play Karkand on a daily basis you fail.  Go get some points on a real level.
kind of hard when karkfuck is the only map that most servers run, and on air map servers your allays stuck with a nobhead in the heli who cant fly/gun.
Rabbit.v2
Banned
+186|6530|stalker.

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

Frontside5-0 wrote:

kind of hard when karkfuck is the only map that most servers run, and on air map servers your allays stuck with a nobhead in the heli who cant fly/gun.
M95
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

hollabackitsobi wrote:

. Anyway... I think the most underrated is Sgt Major because no one ever stays on it for too long, it's just a skip away from 2nd Lieutenant.
I've been Sgt Major for nearly 5 months now =p to be fair I've barely played BF2 since getting promoted to it though.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6571|United States
I don't even know. I just have a problem with the people who automatically assume that a higher ranked person automatically means that they're better skilled than the lower ranking ones. It's hilarious.

"OMG, I know you're haxing!" No I'm not. "Well, if you're not, you're still not good enough to beat people with the General rank!" (I'm Luit. Colonel)
- Actual quotes from one of those random noobs with a popular name followed by a shit load of numbers. Man... I hate that shit too.
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6747|Mexico City
overrated generals ???
i can smell some envy here.

Ican tell by experience that the ones that give the most entertaining fight are Lt. colonels to above. The rest are just playing for themselves farming points, no sense at all of TEAMPLAY.
and here comes bennet to gloat over his 3 stars
O))) one-weak
marksman chanpuru
+7|6233|sweden
underrated: colonel (the eagle will always look ace!)

overrated: all ranks above colonel (stars look ugly ingame imo)
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

and here comes bennet to gloat over his 3 stars
And his imaginary wife. Oh and his leet collection of teh awardz.

At least his english is getting better.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard