Maj.Do
+85|6759|good old CA
ever since i got the m95 ive been using that to get used 2 it since MEC and PLA get it.  but today i finally decided to use the m24 on oman.  i was WTF so accurate!!!! WOW!!! got my vets 2 .. i like the m24 better now : )
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6728|Sydney, Australia
Thats what I have also found. Personally I would choose the M24 over the M95 any day. Although I must admit, last night when I shot (and killed) the pilot of a cobra while it was flying, M95 earn't some respect. But if its against infantry, m24 anyday.
leighto
+1|6724|Australia
yeah the m24 is off the hook. i only use the m95 when i am mec or pla otherwise m24 all the way baby.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6781|Golden, CO
I can only hit things when I use the M24.  I can't figure out how to aim properly with anything else.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6771|Dallas

Maj.Do wrote:

ever since i got the m95 ive been using that to get used 2 it since MEC and PLA get it.  but today i finally decided to use the m24 on oman.  i was WTF so accurate!!!! WOW!!! got my vets 2 .. i like the m24 better now : )
Welcome to June 2005.

M24 has always and will always be the best.
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6765|Brixham, UK
I never bother sniping as PLA/MEC. Only ever as USMC. I Simply cannot stand the lack of accuracy and damage from them. Maybe I will when I get the M95, but it wont replace the m24.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

A semi-auto man I see.
I like the M95. It never hurts to be prepared. When a Humvee was attacking a base, I shot the driver and as the Humvee rolled to a stop, I had plenty of time to shoot the gunner in the head before he realised what had happned. With the M24, I wouldn't have been able to do that.

Still, I do get your point. in my opinion the M24 is too powerful.
I mean realisticly, (and I'm not getting into the realism debate here, just a turn of phrase,) a .50 cal should be more powerful than a whatever-the-hell the M24 round is. I don't want the M95's power to be increased, because it would suck to have a one hit kill weapon in the game, (aside from the n00b-t00b,) but the M24 needs to be reduced in power. It makes no sence that it is equal in power to the M95.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
alav
+6|6768

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

I actually think the Type 88 is the best sniper rifle. If you have a quick trigger finger it's just as accurate and deadly as the m24... plus you don't have to stop to reload and do that annoying bolt action garbage.
Maybe it's just me (which I'm sure it is), but I never had the patience to train the elevation compensation for every M95 shot.

I would say the most accurate sniper rifle is indeed the M24, however there're some pretty damn good sharpshooters with the M95. It depends on how much practice you get with it, I guess.

Anyway, the way I play is pretty simple. I prefer every armies' standard sniper rifles to the M95. Though the M24 is indeed deadly accurate, both SVD and Type 88 sniper rifles are increadible weapons, when being used by peeps who can control the quick tapping + every shot kick compensation.

Last edited by alav (2005-12-10 03:34:49)

dshak
+4|6820
the semi auto rifles are offest by kick... I'd rather fire a 95 damage M24 shot and then reload then try to hit a guy 3 times with the type 88 or MEC rifle. even though you CAN fire those quickly they kick like a mule. I stopped using them a LONG time ago... M95 if I'm MEC, Chinese, Spetz, Rebel, or Insurgent... M24 for US, SEALS, and SAS
BigSwoll
+0|6721|Gahanna, Ohio
I use the M95, but have entertained the thought of going back to the M24.  Everytime I have that thought, I just know that I'm going to have that prime shot on a Blackhawk full of dudes or whatever and not be to take that shot on the pilot because the M24 can't shoot through glass. 
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6792|Perth, Western Australia
Dunno, cant really enter into the debate because I dont really play as America that much now that I have become a sniper. M95 is good but it depends on the map. For example, in Karkand I will use the SVD, and on Wake I will use the 88, possibly because of the shorter range associated with the fighting.
amgln
+0|6756

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Dunno, cant really enter into the debate because I dont really play as America that much now that I have become a sniper. M95 is good but it depends on the map. For example, in Karkand I will use the SVD, and on Wake I will use the 88, possibly because of the shorter range associated with the fighting.
same here except i play mostly usmc. i choose rifles depending on maps, situation and army
bs6749
+3|6751

Tyferra wrote:

A semi-auto man I see.
I like the M95. It never hurts to be prepared. When a Humvee was attacking a base, I shot the driver and as the Humvee rolled to a stop, I had plenty of time to shoot the gunner in the head before he realised what had happned. With the M24, I wouldn't have been able to do that.

I mean realisticly, (and I'm not getting into the realism debate here, just a turn of phrase,) a .50 cal should be more powerful than a whatever-the-hell the M24 round is. I don't want the M95's power to be increased, because it would suck to have a one hit kill weapon in the game, (aside from the n00b-t00b,) but the M24 needs to be reduced in power. It makes no sence that it is equal in power to the M95.
Sick of typing the same old thing so I copied from one of my earlier posts:

What half of the people that have replied to this thread are seemingly forgetting is the long reload time of the M24 compared to the MEC/PLA semi-auto sniper rifles. You can fire off 2-5 shots or so on a target each with 45 damage. Say all of the shots hit...225 damage. I am assuming that you realize that 100 damage kills. So this means that 2.25 people (or at least one person to say safely) can be killed with a MEC/PLA sniper rifle before a second shot is even fired by an M24. You might argue that not all of the shots will hit the intended target, which I will agree with, but at least 2 shots of these 5 should (90 damage). If you can't hit 2-3 times at least out of 5 then you have no business IMHO of attempting to be a sniper and therefore no right to complain about the kit weapons.
With this stated it should now be PERFECTLY CLEAR to all of you morons that want to "weaken" the M24 to compensate for the "lack of power" in the M95 that this wuld be the wrong thing to do as it would not only favor the M95, but the MEC/PLA sniper rifles as well. And remember, an unlock is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE a "better weapon." It is merely an alternate choice for a player to have. One final thought is that snipers should be able to kill with one hit...a headshot. If you don't have this skill I suggest that you practice instead of complaining about the current inventory of weaponry provided by EA/DICE or whoever.
WallHalen
+0|6719

Tyferra wrote:

A semi-auto man I see.

The M24 is chambered in a .308, it is based on the Remington 700 series action.  Tried and True.  I think the biggest difference between the M24 and M95, is the reticle of the scope.  The M24 reticle is finer, which allows a more precisely placed bullet.  Makes all the difference in the world.

My 2 cents,
-WallHalen
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD
I picked an M95 up off some dead guy and I think it's better and easier to use than the M24.
PinkSugarHeartAttack
Sailor Mini Moon
+0|6735
I will give you that the M24 is better then the M95. Sometimes I use the M24 myself, but really I stick with the M95. What it all comes down to is the amount of heli and vehicle whores. I'd rather be able to pop a pilot out of his seat, or waste a driver in a humvee then just being able to shoot faster. I have sniped plenty of people using the M24 and MEC/PLA rifles with my M95 and never felt slow.

It also seems everytime I don't use the M95 at least 10 perfect chances pass to shoot a pilot or driver. I just can't being myself not to use it.
Emetchar
+0|6719

Maj.Do wrote:

Ditto.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6759|Toronto, ON
Type 88 and SVD are the only ones that should be used in urban maps.
Alpha as fuck.
OUROBOROS
+0|6765
whats sad it so many of you ignore the fact that it only take 1 shot from a m24 to kill someone.

it accurate to the point where a head shot is guaranteed. if it isnt within range for the sure shot, the auto snipers arent going to be any more accurate. already stated thats its less accurate and deals less damage.

the m24 is much quieter then the m95 so you wont give away your position.

mid range theres always a chance to spam an auto into someone gut, but pulling out your pistol it tactically better. if you get dropped on into a mid range fight with your main gun. if you got the aim, its just as easy to aim for the head for the kill then to spam into the chest hoping their armor isnt going to save them.

if guy in your site is squirrely you could say you have a better chance to spam him to death. but if he runs hell get away, hurt but still very well alive. with the m24 you have chance for a kill shot. no more questions. they both have a chance to get away but the m24 has the sure shot chance.

the m95 is every bit as good as the m24. unfortunately if you dont pull off the kill theres a good chance youve already given off your position. theres also the fact that the site is not consistant and you have to readjust to the sites sometimes.

my choice is definately the m24 for top choice

second would be the auto snipers. they do quite well in midrange combat. you just have to be even more sneaky with them.

just for balance sake. I would like the auto snipers to be able to 1 shot head shots. theyre less accurate shot for shot but learning the gun enough to deal with the deviation to pull off a head shot shoudl be rewarded. optionally more damage on a head shot so that a second shot could pull off the kill would make it a better balance. this way being spot on with either gun will be rewarding. then theres the m95. i don think it shoudl be "able to shoot through glass". i think it shoulde be "able to shoot through armor". this would turn it into the viable anti vehicle gun that it was intended to be. that way as long as you know where the driver is in a car/heli/ect you can hit him. not just glass. that woudl put it in on a level of power that will make all 3 viable guns.
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6760
Nice thing about the M24, its QUIET. The M95 can be heard halfway across the map and with headphones or speakers can easily be located. The other sniper rifles are harded to pinpoint.
Deedubya
+-2|6809|The Seventh Circle of Hell
I'll use the M24 any day over the M95. I'm never sniping at an airfield, so I don't see the point. I'll even use the auto-snipers over the M95 any more. That gun is about worthless in my opinion. It's only effective at medium range, and it can penetrate cockpit glass, oooohhh...I'm not impressed. They should have put in a different gun for the unlock, or balance the M95 better. But there's a ton of threads about that, so I won't beat that dead horse...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard