GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6763

I was taking a look at sports clubs in my area and found a good deal with Bally Total Fitness. I joined and then had to contact billing support recently because of some random issue. Anyway, I was shocked to see that within 24 hrs, I started getting emails from their mailing lists, and then a few days later started getting 3rd party offers and what not. I don't recall ever signing up for any of this bs, and I was quite shocked to see my email being shared/sold from what should be a confidential channel (billing support).

Anyway, just wanted to share in case some of you wonder how your email addresses get spammed since you've only used it for "official" matters and never gave it out to any "questionable" groups.

Also, the way I know it was them is because I have my email set up with my domain so that I can receive any email sent to the domain itself in my mailbox. This lets me issue unique email addresses whenever required and makes filtering a piece of cake. In this case, the email address I used was "[email protected]". Pretty confident no one "guessed" that email address, and that it is specific enough to know it was them and I didn't use it for any other Bally matters.
David.P
Banned
+649|6274
Why do you think i dont give out my phone number to the bank anymore?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard