Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6688|USA
George Bush is a liberal.

Discuss.
Lost Hope
Lurker
+20|6353|Brussels, Belgium
So, you're saying that we can bash him without any problems, because he's an evil  hippie liberal commie.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/9c9f8f6ff3579a4c711aa54bbb9e928ec0786003.png
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6688|USA

Lost Hope wrote:

So, you're saying that we can bash him without any problems, because he's an evil  hippie liberal commie.
If you disagree with his policies/views, then yes. Yes you can.
Lost Hope
Lurker

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Lost Hope wrote:

You're right actually, he's a liberal coward that hid during Vietnam, consuming whiskey and cocaine as every  tree hugging hippie liberal does.

He should be do anti drugs ads: "Don't do drugs kids, or you'll end up like me".

Edit: This should be in the junk drawer, as most of the neo-cons will not see the sarcasm.

But we can turn this into a debate about the meaning of the words liberal and conservative (even if it has been done a lot of times).

Last edited by Lost Hope (2007-04-26 09:51:10)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6688|USA

Lost Hope wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Lost Hope wrote:

You're right actually, he's a liberal coward that hid during Vietnam, consuming whiskey and cocaine as every  tree hugging hippie liberal does.

He should be do anti drugs ads: "Don't do drugs kids, or you'll end up like me".
That makes him not only a hippie commie liberal, but a bad role model. He is saying to children,"if you skip out of your military duty, become an alcoholic, consume Scarface size piles of coke, you too can be President.

Liberal fucker. Tearing America apart.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6471|The Land of Scott Walker
GWB certainly is not fiscally conservative.  In relation to issues such as abortion and 2nd amendment rights he's conservative.
Lost Hope
Lurker

Stingray24 wrote:

GWB certainly is not fiscally conservative.  In relation to issues such as abortion and 2nd amendment rights he's conservative.
What about morals ?

He did consume whiskey and cocaine, isn't that a no no for conservatives ?

But I know that he is a born again, so I guess his youngness doesn't count.
PureFodder
+225|6311

Lost Hope wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

What about morals ?
He doesn't appear to have any. Clearly conservative.

[/runs away]
Stingray24
I don't automatically link conservatism with religious beliefs, nor do I automatically link liberalism to no religious beliefs.  There are plenty of people who are liberal and religious or conservative and not religious.   

Cocaine?  That would be a no no, but he doesn't do it now.  Plenty of our politicians have done drugsin the past.  As long as they're not doing them now, I couldn't care less.  Whiskey?  He's no longer an alcoholic, which you have to give him credit for.  As long as you're not an alcoholic, knock yourself out.  And pour me a glass while you're at it.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6792|Cambridge (UK)

Lost Hope wrote:

But we can turn this into a debate about the meaning of the words liberal and conservative (even if it has been done a lot of times).
I'll start the ball rolling:

American Heritage Dictionary wrote:

lib·er·al       (lĭb'ər-əl, lĭb'rəl) 
adj.   

Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.
Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.
Of, relating to, or characteristic of liberalism.
Liberal Of, designating, or characteristic of a political party founded on or associated with principles of social and political liberalism, especially in Great Britain, Canada, and the United States.
Tending to give freely; generous: a liberal benefactor.
Generous in amount; ample: a liberal serving of potatoes.
Archaic Permissible or appropriate for a person of free birth; befitting a lady or gentleman.
Obsolete Morally unrestrained; licentious.

Tending to give freely; generous: a liberal benefactor.
Generous in amount; ample: a liberal serving of potatoes.
Archaic Permissible or appropriate for a person of free birth; befitting a lady or gentleman.
Not strict or literal; loose or approximate: a liberal translation.
Of, relating to, or based on the traditional arts and sciences of a college or university curriculum: a liberal education.

n.   
A person with liberal ideas or opinions.
Liberal A member of a Liberal political party.

Source: Dictionary.com

American Heritage Dictionary wrote:

con·ser·va·tive       (kən-sûr'və-tĭv) 
adj.   
Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change.
Traditional or restrained in style: a conservative dark suit.
Moderate; cautious: a conservative estimate.

Of or relating to the political philosophy of conservatism.
Belonging to a conservative party, group, or movement.
Conservative Of or belonging to the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom or the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada.
Conservative Of or adhering to Conservative Judaism.
Tending to conserve; preservative: the conservative use of natural resources.

n.   
One favoring traditional views and values.
A supporter of political conservatism.
Conservative A member or supporter of the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom or the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada.
Archaic A preservative agent or principle.

Source: Dictionary.com
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6688|USA
Yeah GW is definitely a liberal and here is why.

I used to say I was a liberal, but today I changed. I am now falling under the "me" party. I notice that when a conservative doesn't agree with something, the person is automatically liberal. Challenge that statment if you like, and Ill pull 400,000 threads proving you wrong.

So since I do not agree with GW, I am labeling him liberal, because apparently the definition of liberal is, anyone who doesn't agree with you.

That is why, in my eyes, GW is liberal.
Stingray24
Ok then.  I agree with GWB on some things (abortion, ESCR, 2nd amendment) and disagree on others (border security) so what am I?

Last edited by Stingray24 (2007-04-26 10:58:32)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6688|USA

Stingray24 wrote:

Ok then.  I agree with GWB on somethings (abortion, ESCR, 2nd amendment) and disagree on others (border security) so what am I?
Part of the "me" party. Let those ass's in Washington play the two party game.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6748|Eastern PA
I would say that he's neither. His policies are a radical departure from anything considered left or right in this country.

Honestly, I'd call him and his administration politically radical.
Stingray24

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Ok then.  I agree with GWB on somethings (abortion, ESCR, 2nd amendment) and disagree on others (border security) so what am I?
How about the "me conservative" party since I consider most of my views to be conservative.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6798|PNW

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

George Bush is NOT a neo-conservative
Nor is he very conservative.

Lost Hope wrote:

Wouldn't work. "You'll be a rich-assed president of the most powerful nation on the planet" would tempt people into drugs.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-04-26 12:21:59)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6688|USA

Stingray24 wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

How about the "me conservative" party since I consider most of my views to be conservative.
Whatever you like. But Bush is a liberal.
Skexis
+6|6485
The question should really be why you all care about the fucking label so much.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6688|USA

Skexis wrote:

The question should really be why you all care about the fucking label so much.
Because its the answer to all of conervatives problems.
jonsimon
+224|6521

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Yeah GW is definitely a liberal and here is why.

I used to say I was a liberal, but today I changed. I am now falling under the "me" party. I notice that when a conservative doesn't agree with something, the person is automatically liberal. Challenge that statment if you like, and Ill pull 400,000 threads proving you wrong.

So since I do not agree with GW, I am labeling him liberal, because apparently the definition of liberal is, anyone who doesn't agree with you.

That is why, in my eyes, GW is liberal.
lol nice definition, I like it. +1 Can I join the me party too?
Lost Hope
Lurker

Stingray24 wrote:

I don't automatically link conservatism with religious beliefs, nor do I automatically link liberalism to no religious beliefs.  There are plenty of people who are liberal and religious or conservative and not religious.   

Cocaine?  That would be a no no, but he doesn't do it now.  Plenty of our politicians have done drugsin the past.  As long as they're not doing them now, I couldn't care less.  Whiskey?  He's no longer an alcoholic, which you have to give him credit for.  As long as you're not an alcoholic, knock yourself out.  And pour me a glass while you're at it.
Good point, but I think that it could be useful if he made a speech about his past and warn people about the dangers of drugs. And if he did that, wouldn't he be viewed as a much more sympathetic person.

I don't like his policies but I would probably like him as a person if I met him, he should show his softer side and not the "you're either with us or against us".
Sanjaya
Banned
+40|6253
George W Bush: One of those people who are fiscally liberal and socially conservative, who I can't see ever deriving any satisfaction out of life. People like him only do missionary in the bedroom.
Stingray24
I'm socially and fiscally conservative, I must do two positions in the bedroom then.
jonsimon
+224|6521

Stingray24 wrote:

I'm socially and fiscally conservative, I must do two positions in the bedroom then.
Actually, that is not a logical conclusion from his statement. His statement was not an iff, so cases that do not fit the if are inconclusive.
Stingray24
I know it's not. But at least we all know that conservatives have more sex.  I saw it on the news.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard