(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6756
What is you opinion about these two guns?
Tell both advantages and disadvantages.
I dont know, because these are those two unlocks i dont have, and now i became first sarge, and dont know which to chose.
jax
+12|6768
unlock what ever you play most, although the DAO12 is a bigger improvemnet than the engineer upgrade
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6807|The planet Tophet
umm i got the jackhammer it comes in handy i have had the da0-12 (stole it) umm their almsot the same but the dao is a lot better at range
Johnthegreg
+1|6725
I have the jackhammer unlocked.  I havn't used it very much, but if you're close... it makes a hell of mess of the recieving party.  I actually bounced a guy up a wall w/ it a close range.  On the other hand, if they have an assault rifle and aren't very close, they'll tear you up.  I can tell you that I fear the DAO12.  I've been killed w/ it many times.  I'm gonna unlock the DAO next, I hate the standard gun for the anti-tank kit.
leighto
+1|6718|Australia
the dao has a bigger ammo clip and the added bonus of reloading mid clip, like if u have shot 5 rounds u can put 5 in. i vote for the dao.

oh and i have both and i like the dao better.
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6787
The good advantage with the DAO is that it allows for large area saturation of a target area in rapid sucession of shots.  It comes in pretty handy when in closed spaces, like alleys, or houses.  However, you tend to go through the clip quickly.  The engineer on the otherhand is a little more deadly with the Jackhammer in my opinion, but the only problem with this is that your restricted when it comes to hunting down an opponent, as in many cases and encouters they usually have the upperhand with a more longranged weapon. 
Skinnister
+43|6726|UK
Jackhammer No Doubt
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6744
Here's what you need to know:  The AT guns suck.  If you EVER play AT at ALL, even just for a few minutes, the DAO is 100000x better than the SMGs.
DriftX
+0|6788
The DAO12 has a larger ammo capacity, but that also means that reloading once you run out of your 12 shells will take a long time. The good thing is that you can reload mid-clip.

The Jackhammer is extremely useful in close-range, especially since it gets rid of the pump. However, that means you will run out quicker and have to reload more often.

Long-range, both of these, like any other shotgun, suck. Go with the U.S.M.C. M1187 if you want a shotgun with a somewhat decent long-range effectiveness.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

I'm a Jackhammer fan, but each to his own. I've used the DAO although I don't have it unlocked, and I'm just not comfortable with it. It is a good gun, and other people use it on me with great effect, but I can't get it to work for me I guess.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Pineapple_Pez
+2|6745
DAO hands down...Like someone above wrote, If you use the AT kit at all, the DAO is 10x better than the SMG.  I dont even use the Jackhammer when Im on USMC of PLA cause I like the pump shotgun better.
Reloading is much easier if you only used a few shots with the DAO.  If you ever need to reload completely with the DAO, its no problem because every single enemy in the map has been eliminated already.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6732|Uhh... erm...
Go with the DAO. It pwnz the Jackhammer. Lol.

Last edited by Tetrino (2005-12-09 23:57:16)

chitlin
Banned
+36|6764
neither.. shotguns are for wussbags
CommanderLC
+0|6754
u will regret the jackhammer believe me. That DAO dominates greatly. However the final discision is yours. It depends on prefrence and use mainly.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6775|Golden, CO
I use both extremly often.  In my opinion, the DAO-12 is a much better upgrade over the default guns than the Jakhammer.  However, for anyone who plays a lot of engineer, I definetly recommend using the Jackhammer.  If your aim is as bad as minegets sometimes, those folow up shots are necesarry.  Still, If I could use the DAO-12 as an engineer, I would.  Firing the Jackhammer in full auto drastically reduces your range so I usually use the two guns the same.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6722|Sydney, Australia

chitlin wrote:

neither.. shotguns are for wussbags
Thats a rather stupid comment considering you have to get up close and personal to be able to use it effectivly. There is a little chance against an enemy with a rifle who is out of effictive fire range.

I don't think any wussbags would risk it to get close enough to shotgun someone.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6761
DAO, for the simple reason that the rocket launcher gives you much more flexibility (taking out armor, rocket sniping, etc)
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6765|Dallas
DAO12, hands down.  If you choose the MK3A1 over the DAO your out of your fucking mind.
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6756
Hmmmm....
I think I'll go for the DAO...
The engineer has a shotgun, a very STRONG shotgun, and the AT submachinegun is less effective than a pistol.
Thnx for the comments everyone!

Shotguns are for wussbags?
when i played engineer i dont know how many times i popped folks with assault rifles from quite a distance...
Not to mention that when capturing a flag there is no such weapon like a shotgun, one shot one kill, while the enemy shots the whole clip like a lunatic but hits nothing...
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6764

Neither.

PUMP ACTION BABY! (seriously)
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6756
well, i tried the DAO out...

The pump action is waaaaaay better...
M90Medic
Wiki Contributor
+2|6755|Medicland, sthlm

The pump action shotgun is cool. Powerful, packs a punch, but if youre playing engineer, you shouldnt have to engage anyone at range. The DAO however... makes the ATclass a FIBUA monster! Rush into a house, clear it out licketysplit, rush up to the roof, drop a few rockets into the top of that pesky tank outside the building... Dao all the way.
chitlin
Banned
+36|6764
Thats a rather stupid comment considering you have to get up close and personal to be able to use it effectivly. There is a little chance against an enemy with a rifle who is out of effictive fire range.

I don't think any wussbags would risk it to get close enough to shotgun someone.
when i played engineer i dont know how many times i popped folks with assault rifles from quite a distance...
Not to mention that when capturing a flag there is no such weapon like a shotgun, one shot one kill, while the enemy shots the whole clip like a lunatic but hits nothing...
my opinion ...exactly you have to get close so there area few tactics really .. you either hide till someone gets close, use a trasnport to get next to them .. or if you at medium range you just run at them .. that all fine but whenever you get close to somone, which isnt all that hard, it takes no aim whatsoever you just point and spray if you dao / mk3 .. typically it happens that you spawn next to someone capping a flag then spray in thier general direction ...

i just think its a skilless weapon like the gl people who use it to compensate for thier lack of aim .. just my opinion .. ive seen many retards who cant aim for sh1t get a kill just cuz they happend to be close and sprayed ..go with the pump action at meduim range that takes more skills
ST19AG_WGreymon
+5|6742|Clinton, MD, USA
I prefer the JackHammer, I tried the DAO. If your looking for power go for the Jackhammer.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard