AdamBenson
Wannabe Heli Whore
+19|6527
I know 95% of you  dont need these tips, but every person not a noob in a chopper is better. I've just been really pissed off at the shitty pilots/gunners lately.

1. LEARN ABOUT THE TV MISSLE - I would say about 30% of my gunners dont konw that the TV missle is there. Of those who know it is there 1/5 people dont know they can STEER the missle. Practice in singleplayer, I did and it helps. Just know that its there, look through it a lot.

2. SHOOT THE TV MISSLE- I hate those people who are shooting the MG and not looking straight. If I'm aiming you at the Essex on Gator, shoot it as fast as possible. Try to look forward most of the time so you can see what your pilot is trying to get you to shoot at.

3. AS PILOT DON'T TAKE THE KILLS FOR YOURSELF- Theres always those idiot pilots who dive in with Hellfire missiles on that tank instead of lining you up. Don't do that, always give your gunner the opportunity to take out the target, unless he is reloading or he missed.

4. AIM AT THE TAIL OF CHOPPERS- The sweetspot for choppers is where the tail meets the body, otherwise theres a good chance of the TV missile going right through it.

5. LOOK AT THIS- Concentrate on the Gunner Missile views- http://wiki.bf2s.com/tactical-guides/chopper

6. SPOT TARGETS- It only takes a second, spot that jeep/apc/tank that your pilot doesnt see.

7. BE WILLING TO LEARN- When someone of a high rank gives you advice, take it and use it, dont be ignorant.

8. LEARN TO CIRCLE-STRAFE- Great for raping bases, I remember when I wanted to learn how to do this, so I practiced in singleplayer Zater till I did. Invaluable tool to learn.

9. USE F9- Press F9 (default) to get a much better view. Always use this when being pilot, and and gunner use it when you need to use the machinegun in close situations. When I am gunner, I always have a one hand on F9, and one on mouse. Sometimes I point out targets. F9 is crucial though.

Last edited by AdamBenson (2007-05-01 12:21:55)

~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6315|Orrstrayleea
Good guide, ive only just started enjoying choppers now and it has made me realisewaht asses some people can be, eg. TK'ing for the chopper, that made me soo mad i switched teams and owned him so bad, after killing him 5 times in a row i see at the top of the screen "suchandsuch has disconected from the server"
Inimicus_7
+26|6354|England, UK
/bore

How many people have to write chopper guides?

Ok we get it, your fed up of "noob" gunner/pilots and want to be constructive not destructive with your ciritism.

If "noob" pilots/gunners piss you off so much, go solo.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6701|England. Stoke

AdamBenson wrote:

Try to look forward most of the time so you can see what your pilot is trying to get you to shoot at.
An Enlarged Liver
+35|6736|Backward Ass Kansas
I need this guide for Planes if you would.....

....and bye the way #4 is fantastic advice as I have only recently learned the difference between the graphical image and the actual hit-box.

Last edited by An Enlarged Liver (2007-04-24 19:34:31)

wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6453|UK
I'm pretty sure I've played bf2 with you before benson.
gunpiss
+19|6674
you sound like a noob. 2 years after bf2 is introduced, someone who still write this kind of old textbook topic must be a noob
AdamBenson
Wannabe Heli Whore
+19|6527

gunpiss wrote:

you sound like a noob. 2 years after bf2 is introduced, someone who still write this kind of old textbook topic must be a noob
I wrote it because there is still shitloads of people who have no idea what to do in a chopper.
_1_MAN-ARMY.19
+25|6263
lol...
Inimicus_7
+26|6354|England, UK

gunpiss wrote:

+1.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6461

I can't help it... I'm always noob in a chopper.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
too_money2007
+145|6301|Keller, Tx
I learned it all on my own and dominate in the chopper now....
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6571|Columbus, OH
I came across this post and the link http://wiki.bf2s.com/tactical-guides/chopper (good read)

paraphrase: "....The key to getting away is, fly low, tree top level at highest! Still get locked? Try and find out who the fag is, go low and approach him from the back. And if you almost know for sure, fly away about 400 meters, go high and let your gunner take a shot on him with TV missile, that should teach him."

Haha I am the fag on the AA in the Gulf of Oman maps. PPL under-utilize the AA's on this map....the AA kills air-superiority for Oman. If the AA does not take the aircraft out, at least it makes the enemy pilot dispense his flares and let the friendly jets take the enemy aircraft out.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6446|USA
The only thing I want in a good gunner is someone who shoots fast and accurately... Nothing more. Pilots... different story.
keyoshi
+28|6412
I agree with you totally on this adam. To the guy who said you mustbe a noob writing this after the game comes out after 2 yrs, PEOPLE ARE STILL BUYING THE GAME, I was in a server yesterday and the guy said "It's my first day on the game, how do you command?"

But yea adam, this is needed....after our Iron Gator experience....it was horrible x_x Was I on it with you?? Maybe it was a different one, but I got kickd / banned from that server lol for trying to teach the noobs how to TV and shit.
im_in_heaven
+27|6580
good basic tips. Hopefully people will eventually learn. Nevermind not steering tv missles, I hate when a guy keeps getting in the gunner seat when he doesnt even know he has a tv missle to use. even after you tell him.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6524
You dont seem like the hottest pilot on the face of the planet. Trust me your guide helps no one. The people that dont know about the TV missible dont read BF2S forums. Odds are they dont even know about stats or even care about them for that matter. Your anger doesnt have a place to go to so just do what I do. You get a bad gunner so what. You fly around and try to do your best with the gunner you have and maybe he will have an epiphany while flying with you and do better next time. If you get killed dont get missed but just hope you get a better gunner next time.
l41e
+677|6641

AdamBenson wrote:

7. BE WILLING TO LEARN- When someone of a high rank gives you advice, take it and use it, dont be ignorant.
The only advice almost all high rankers give a non-high ranking stranger is "GTFO or I'll M95 you".
specops10-4
+108|6736|In the hills

k30dxedle wrote:

AdamBenson wrote:

The only advice almost all high rankers give a non-high ranking stranger is "GTFO or I'll M95 you".
I know a bunch of dick high rankers, but I think I am one of the nicer ones.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6802|Marathon, Florida Keys

AdamBenson wrote:

I know 95% of you are total shit in choppers and should keep your nooblet selves out of it
that's all that was needed
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6446|USA

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

AdamBenson wrote:

I know 95% of you are total shit in choppers and should keep your nooblet selves out of it
that's all that was needed
owned
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6688|UK
I don't agree that practicing TV in single player helps.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6446|USA

Samtheman53 wrote:

I don't agree that practicing TV in single player helps.
The missiles in singleplayer have no lag. In singleplayer you aim for the chopper. In multiplayer you aim nowhere near the chopper to get a hit. Missiles are also less responsive in multiplayer.
gunmedown
+5|6415|Hernani, Guipuzcoa
it is very difficult to learn anything on single player tried it and gave up. ai pilots are useless. plus there are to many high ranking players who will not give noobs (as we are called) a change to learn from them. a bit of a shame if you asked me, this is after all a team game after all.
Des.Kmal
+917|6610|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
my main tip i tell people when i fly(rarely... mostly on city maps, i usually gun) is all it takes is one click. if ur not comfortable with clicking alot on a tank or chopper, just click once... where the tank is headed, u'll get it if u aim for where its headed not where it is. the tv missile doesnt move once u click, it does EXACTLY where u clicked.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard