t0mhank5
+319|6704|Surge
Okay, so i was going to join Adams 24/7 GW server with voodoosniper7 today, but when i joined i got the message about having to register my game before i can play the boosters. 

Now, ive had the EF+AF dvd booster since last year, and ive played both with no problems since i registered. So i figured okay, fine. Ill register again, if thats the problem. I havent played EF or AF in awhile, maybe a week or two, so maybe thats some stupid problem.

But when i click for the Register Boosters link in bf2, i cant connect to the page. So, i try the bf2 homepage, and still its "cannot display the webpage." I asked voodoo to see if his www.battlefield.ea.com link worked, and it did. I restarted my computer, but still the same stuff. Im also doing a virus scan as we speak, and im coming up clean. So im very confused as to whats wrong here, and im hoping its a temporary issue, but i want to know if this has happened to anyone else.
Suggestions appreciated.

Last edited by t0mhank5 (2007-04-24 17:06:17)

voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet
+71|6431|somewhere other then here
yeah that sucks i was looking forward to own you
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6684|Calgary
try ea support
t0mhank5
+319|6704|Surge

Superslim wrote:

try ea support
Haha, funny. Ive tried before and have never gotten a real response.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6778|Bulgaria
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6684|Calgary

t0mhank5 wrote:

Superslim wrote:

try ea support
Haha, funny. Ive tried before and have never gotten a real response.
Sorry to hear that. I had a similar problem and they helped me out. I have heard of your problem before I just can't remember where, but I am sure on saw it at the EA support site.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6684|Calgary
Try this:

Question   
I have purchased the Armored Fury and/or Euro Force Booster Packs for Battlefield 2.  Why can't I play them?

Answer   
If you are receiving the error message: “You cannot join this server without having the Battlefield 2: Euro Force or Armored Fury Booster Pack installed, press the button below to buy the Battlefield 2: Euro Force or Armored Fury Booster Pack.  Please note that you must use your online account to play Battlefield 2: Euro Force or Armored Fury Booster Pack."  This can happen for a number of reasons.  Follow these steps to be sure that you have the correct account entitled to use these maps:

If you have the Battlefield 2 Booster Pack Bundle, please ensure you have registered the game to your EA.com account through the following page:

http://account.ea.com/commerce/bf2bp/code-entry.jsp

If you have the Battlefield 2 Complete Collection, please ensure you have registered the game to your EA.com account through the following page:

http://account.ea.com/commerce/bf2cc/code-entry.jsp

Next, check that the correct account has entitlement or change your Battlefield 2 user name (GameSpy ID) to the one that has the appropriate privileges:

Click here to change it through EA Link.

Click here to change it through EA.com website.

To change your Battlefield 2 user name (GameSpy ID) to the one that has the appropriate privileges through EA Link:

Note: You must have completed registration above or have Battlefield 2: Euro Force or Armored Fury installed in order to change your Nickname from the EA.com website or EA Link.

Next log into your EA account.
Click on your name in the top right (see below).

Select View Account (see below).

In the next popup window re-enter your password.
Click on the Downloads Info tab (see below).

Find the Battlefield 2 account name and click the Battlefield 2 account name.
Enter the correct name in the space provided.
Attempt to play the game.

IMPORTANT:  The name requested is the soldier name you use when you are playing Battlefield 2 Online. 
Note: Be very careful when entering this name; you will only be able to change it 3 times a week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To change your Battlefield 2 user name (GameSpy ID) to the one that has the appropriate privileges through the EA.com Website:

Go to www.ea.com, and choose your country if required.
Click the login button located at the top right of the page.
If you are already logged in you may skip this step.
Login with your EA.com name and password.
Click on your screen name located where the login button was, and choose My Account from the drop down menu.
Enter your password once again.
You will be brought to the My Account page. Click on the Downloads Info tab to find your Battlefield 2 Soldier Name.
Enter the Soldier name you use when playing Battlefield 2 online.

IMPORTANT:  The name requested is the soldier name you use when you are playing Battlefield 2 online.
Note: Be very careful when entering this name; you will only be able to change it 3 times a week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the issue persists you may need to refresh your profile info that is stored locally.  First, be sure that you have/know your Battlefield 2 nickname & password.  Next, move your profile folder from the save game folder to your desktop.  To do this:

Double-click on My Documents.
Double-click on the Battlefield 2 folder.
Double-click on  the Profiles folder.
Right click and drag all the folders named ‘000x’ (x is the numerical order of the accounts you have created) to your desktop.  When you release the right mouse button select Move.
Launch the game and use the Retrieve Account feature if you had an online account.
If you fail to retrieve your account you can always move your profile folder(s) back to the save game folder.  Do not worry about loosing any stats, badges or unlocks as this information is not stored on your system.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6684|Calgary
or try this:

Why am I unable to access the Battlefield 2 Booster Packs Collection?

Answer   
Please be sure that you have completed the registration process by entering your registration code and Battlefield 2 soldier name at this site:

http://account.ea.com/commerce/bf2bp/code-entry.jsp
t0mhank5
+319|6704|Surge
Wow slim, thank you very much for all that help! Ill look into it in a bit. This was just what i was looking for, cause im too lazy to go looking for answers myself.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6684|Calgary

t0mhank5 wrote:

Wow slim, thank you very much for all that help! Ill look into it in a bit. This was just what i was looking for, cause im too lazy to go looking for answers myself.
NP pal, let me know what happens, if it doesn't work, i'll do some more research

thanks
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6664|Colorado
+1 for slims research
t0mhank5
+319|6704|Surge
Hmm, im not sure if EF fixed itself, or putting in my username/pass did it, but its back to normal. Thanks again for your help slim!
Enzzenmachine
+20|6337
t0mhank5@dunnohowhefixedhisEF ftw. good job anyway, you lucky
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6684|Calgary

t0mhank5 wrote:

Hmm, im not sure if EF fixed itself, or putting in my username/pass did it, but its back to normal. Thanks again for your help slim!
Great: Glad I could help!!
siciliano732
+202|6641|New York
ok...so my problem is this...i am able to play Armored Fury but cannot play EuroForces....i thought i changed my gamespy ID to the hoc|siciliano name i play under now....but it still gives me an error...does someone know how i can fix this?

i would love the help.
Enzzenmachine
+20|6337
could you give us more info
siciliano732
+202|6641|New York

Enzzenmachine wrote:

could you give us more info
sure....So i play on the =SF= Armored Fury server all the time without any issues...but i tried connecting and playing on thier EF server and i get the message:

"This server only allows players with unmodified content to join.  Revert your version of Battlefield 2 to the current official version to join."

the problem is i think i played there before and it wasnt an issue...but now it is....im gonna be so pissed if i have to uninstall everything and reinstall an all that bs.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6558|England

I had that problem. Try repatching to 1.41.

If that doesnt work, then its because of a corrupt file. Or so I got told by EA. You will have to follow this guide: http://wiki.bf2s.com/tactical-guides/manual-uninstall to get it working.
siciliano732
+202|6641|New York
thanks man...i unistalled everything and reinstalled it all...patched it in the proper orders and all...and its workin now...thanks to everyone for the help.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6761|Human Meat Shield
People actually play EF?!?
Enzzenmachine
+20|6337

imdead wrote:

I can't believe you're so uneducated O_O
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6778|Bulgaria

imdead wrote:

Yes, we do
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6558|England

imdead wrote:

Damn right. When we havent got exams that is
Sub-Zero79
Man...I'm freezing!
+65|6616|Ghost Town

imdead wrote:

Yes! I'm going for the EU Medal right now. I play mostly on the =SF= Euro Force 27/7 Server and the Euro Force Ranked Server!
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6817|Netherlands
+1 for a good job well done.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard