wachtler83
+22|6596|Columbus,Ohio
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070414/ap_ … internet_8

thats some crazy shit what do you think they will do
Trel
+70|6687
Al Gore invented the internet to fight off Manbearpig and global warming.

And come on, taking down all those series of tubes would be difficult work.

Last edited by Trel (2007-04-24 11:24:48)

Good to be back.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6587|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Humm better internet okay...as long as they develop their new shit witout taking down the one we have right now...and when their things is up and running good then swap em!
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6489|Somewhere else

Big business is gonna fund it. which means they'll figure out a way to charge you every damn penny to use "thier" internet.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6642|949

NO!

The beauty of the Internet is that it is just a mess of facts and observations/opinions for anyone to stumble onto.  Search engines are tools to allow you to navigate, but there should not be an attempt to 'streamline' or 'clean up' the Internet.  If they need to address security issues, fine, but no need to 'scrap the Internet.'

Honestly, I can easily say that the (modern) Internet is by far the best creation of my lifetime.  Imagine 3000 years ago, when the exchange of information took months/days/years.  Now we have people from across the world making statements, and within seconds numerous people have expounded upon/agreed with/disagreed with/refuted those statements.  It truly is amazing!
Simon
basically
+838|6668|UK
Ahaha, like that would ever happen. the 'new and improved internet' will probably have a million bugs and probably 10% more secure or something, plus the effort, money and time it would take.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6355|Twyford, UK
New slate? Fuck that, gimme better wires and cheap fatpipe broadband.
howler_27
+90|6697
What the fuck's the internet?

https://img108.imageshack.us/img108/7900/jayrm7.gif
The#1Spot
+105|6549|byah
So much money would be lost during the time they switch if they do. Well I doubt Washington DC will last very long.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6355|Twyford, UK
Maan, Alpha Centauri is right on the mark today.

'As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.'

Commissioner Pravin Lal
"U.N. Declaration of Rights"
ghettoperson
+1,943|6659

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Big business is gonna fund it. which means they'll figure out a way to charge you every damn penny to use "thier" internet.
Exactly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_neutrality

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard