masterHouse
Official Heckler & Koch ambassador
+8|6731|Veenendaal, The Netherlands
What's the simplest way to get the Helicopter service ribbon. I know that you have to have 19 kills and 15 min but wich map and wich chopper are the best to use.
Thanks for any advise
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6752|The Hague, Netherlands

I would think the MEC Chopper in Sharqi Penisula (not that i have the ribbon, but i havn't really tried yet, but i find the MEC chopper in Sharqi just damn good powerfull and the map is compact so lots of kills i would say.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6834
I got mine on Mashpotato city in the blackhawk. Took me about 3 rounds to finally get it, kept ending when I needed like 2 more kills..

It's best you have a known friend as a pilot with some form of VOIP to make things 10x easier.
misfire00
Lead Magnet
+26|6795|Charleston SC - USA
Got mine also in Mashtuur City gunning in a Blackhawk.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6802|England
I got my special forces helo ribbon last night on ghost town, nobody was using the Blackhawk so I sat in the gunner position as commander and got 22 kills with artillery, wasn’t even going for it either. Took me totally by surprise.
US_JackHammer
+1|6741
Prob wake island or sharqui

Find a smaller server 16-32 man but with lots of tickets..
That way youll be sure to get a 15 min game
If your a good pilot just go for it and have fun, if your not make sure your with a good pilot and be a gunner, they can get way more kills than pilot especially if the pilot doesnt vehicle hunt the entire game. the chopper guns rip through infantry.

if you want send me a message when your available and what server you want to play on and I could pilot the chopper for you. youll get 19 kills no problem so well just have to hope for a 15 min game
nitroglycerin [SWE]
+0|6741|Falsterbo Sweden
I got it by playing Dragon valley on 64. That way if you're locked on there's a lot of mountains to quickly hide behind. When I got it I also was the commander, so I just landed on a flat mountain and put out UAV so that I could get a hint of where my enemies were hiding.
masterHouse
Thx guys for the advise
-=pM|B1zzY=-
+0|6842|Germany
got mine at sharqi in the mec chopper sitting in the 2nd seat
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6729|USA
I don't have the Helicopter or Aerial Service ribbons yet and have been busting my ass trying to get them. But Kobrakai does have an interesting point. Sitting in the Helicopter seat or the Aircraft and playing as a commander should work to getting the ribbons. 19 kills would be easy enough plus as long as you play for the 15 mins you're golden. Sounds like a plan to me. I'll let you guys know if it works.
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6729|USA
Ok, I can now confirm that by sitting in either the pilot or gunners seat of a helicopter and playing as commander you CAN get the ribbon. I did i today on Operation Clean Sweep. I player on the MEC side and just sat in the chopper and got the ribbon first try. I am almost positive the Aerial Service ribbon can be won the exact same way. I will play again today and get it. Just an FYI, I also flew the chopper for a little while and got 8 kills using rockets. But the theory is sound. Good luck.
oberst_enzian
+234|6757|melb.au
mec chopper is the best chopper in the game. i got the ribbon on clean sweep - but you can do it on any map, just need a good pilot that doesn't think the chopper is for capping flags
Masta_Daco
+39|6750|Amsterdam,The Netherlands
i am also dutch and i am a good helo and airplane pilot just check my stats and tell me wich server you play on and ill join you and get the ribbon 4 u ok
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6765|Derby, England
I got mine playing China on Dalian plant. It's one of those awards that you just have to either be a really good player and not get killed, or annoy your team by heli-whoring. I was piloting and managed to shred loads of tanks / apc's with straight missiles.

Oh one of my favourite kills was when I ran out of ammo, and managed to land on top of an enemy and squashed him. It's still a kill, no matter how you manage it
Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6723|Gütersloh, Germany
Sharqi, 64, Gunner in MEC Chopper, Pilot was a Clan-Mate, no VoIP
96 Points, Silver Star (MEC Commander beat me in the race for Gold), Helicopter Service Ribbon

Last edited by Ali (2005-12-14 03:33:23)

Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6777

I got mine on 32 Dragon valley as China.

If you're able to hold the US back for around 10 minutes you shuold have your kills, and just make sure it lasts.

Funny thing is, I got my helicopter ribbon the FIRST match that I played online in a chopper. Before that I never flew.
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6729|USA

Thanatos247 wrote:

I got mine playing China on Dalian plant. It's one of those awards that you just have to either be a really good player and not get killed, or annoy your team by heli-whoring. I was piloting and managed to shred loads of tanks / apc's with straight missiles.

Oh one of my favourite kills was when I ran out of ammo, and managed to land on top of an enemy and squashed him. It's still a kill, no matter how you manage it
Landing on an enemy and killing him is the best. You've got skill when you can do that. Hat's off to you!
masterHouse
But can you also get the helicopter service ribben of BF2 also in BF2:SF
brickZ28
Master of Puppets
+15|6751|IL

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

I got mine on Mashpotato city i
Simply and funny LMAO
[S.P.S]1on1killa
+28|6754|Germany, Berlin
i got mine on wake island, its a good map for getting the ribbon. however, u need a good pilot who puts you in a good position to kill.
CackNBallz
+45|6757|Toronto, Canada
I got mine twice (because the first time didn't register in BFHQ) the first one was on Sharqui Peninsula in the MEC chopper as the gunner using the anti-matter cannon of doom and liberal use of the tv missile.

The second time was on Wake Island as a pilot destroying RIBs (the boats), tanks and the odd infantry or sniper running along.  Jets were pestering me the whole round, but an effective way to dodge them is to do a sideways loop by going full throttle and sliding your mouse laterally (or holding the joystick to either side) this will make you lose altitude really quickly.

Always, always, always speak to your pilot or gunner with VoIP! This will allow you to give instructions for prime killing positions and a quicker way to communicate immediate dangers to each other.

Also practice leading targets by aiming ahead or behind (that's if you are moving forward really quickly and you are shooting sideways).  Try to be a TV missile expert, once you show your pilot that you can hit targets with the TV missile, they will be more likely to position the helicopter for you better for the next target(s).
Sud
+0|6762
Definitely Sharqi on MEC, concentrate your efforts around survey station and hotel.

Don't try it on a map with planes because they'll be ramming and missiling you all game.

Wouldn't bother trying it on Potato City because of the large urbanization can make it difficult to see that transport sneaking up to get you, and the fact that the blackhawk is fat as all hell and slow and easy to take down with a transport jeep or vodnik.
[OBC]Ben
Hotel California
+0|6807|Oakland, CA
I might be the only one to get his on FuShe Pass, lol
CackNBallz
+45|6757|Toronto, Canada
Actually, FuShe Pass and Dragon Valley are really excellent ones too, well on the 32-player-sized map.  A guy named Doom and I were having a clinic on the poor USMC.  They could hardly get out of their base because I was constantly using TV missiles.  There were a few times where the AA, Blackhawk, tank, Cobra and dune buggies were ALL shooting at our attack helicopter! Talk about being pissed!

My awesome pilot told me over VoIP that maybe we should tone done the "pwnag3".  I said well we're already over a 100 ticket lead and they have only managed to take one flag, so why not give them mercy by making the round end quicker?  For some reason I can hit a TV missile on a target the easiest with the PLA attack helicopter; this is followed by the Cobra and then the Havok (because of it's downturned view the pilot has to pull the nose up unless we're at some height that I can redirect the TV missile.)

We didn't spawncamp, we let them at least leave the base, with the exception of the attack helicopter as I would try to destroy it before it got off the ground from afar.  A good pilot makes all the difference in what the gunner is able to do.  This guy just lined up perfectly everytime!  It was a gunner's dream.
masterHouse
I can't get that fucking thing

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard