ethrion
+25|6391|Hong Kong @ the moment
Unsuprisingly, people do the stupidest things in BF2 that ultimately get themselves killed. Here are 13 things NOT to do while serving your country in the field. Please feel free to add your own common rookie mistakes.

1. Never stop in the open to check your map or have a look around

2. Never linger too long in a turret

3. Do not shout things like "I need a medic here" while deep behind enemy lines, someone will hear you and it wont be a friendly Medic.

4. Do not join an allied sniper and then proceed to fire wildly thus giving his position away and yours

5. Do not needlessly drop ammo/health packs, the enemy can see them too

6. Never charge headlong around a corner or up a ladder, especially on Karkand, a claymore is waiting with your name on it

7. Do not ignore your radar, those 20 red blips right around the corner are not your friends

8. Never stay standing up in the top level of the tower

9. Do not use an MG emplacement for more than a few seconds, you're saying: "here I am. shoot me!"

10. Never poke your head back around that corner you just got shot at

11. Do not instantly run to the same position as a dead teammate

12. Never run infront of a claymore freshly placed by your ally, you know, the one you just watched him put down

13. Never use that excellent sniper spot, chances are everyone and their Grandmother knows about it too

Last edited by ethrion (2007-04-23 20:33:23)

Gen. Payne
+50|6704|USA
Some pretty good advice...I probably will forget and disregard it anyway...but thanks
ZCor3x
+46|6567|Pennsylvania

ethrion wrote:

Unsuprisingly, people do the stupidest things in BF2 that ultimately get themselves killed. Here are 13 things NOT to do while serving your country in the field. Please feel free to add your own common rookie mistakes.

6. Never charge headlong around a corner or up a ladder, especially on Karkand, a claymore is waiting with your name on it
Only problem I ever have
ethrion

Gen. Payne wrote:

Some pretty good advice...I probably will forget and disregard it anyway...but thanks
As is your perogative General

ZCor3x wrote:

ethrion wrote:

Only problem I ever have
Dont we all! lolz
FragdaddyXL
+9|6299
Never revive someone that is surrounded by enemies (no point, ur gonna die anyway) especially when you r a squad leader and the dead guy is your member (just let him die, he he he) he'll spawn on ya anyway.
t0mhank5
+319|6709|Surge
Beware of running around on single fire with weapons. Those baddies can pop up at the worst times.
Commando
+8|6599
Dont go charging while your reloading. (Impatience is my biggest downfall)
Donald O' Brien
+104|6701
Numbers 2 and 9 are practically the same thing.
ethrion

Donald O' Brien wrote:

Numbers 2 and 9 are practically the same thing.
Yes true. They are quite similar... Usually the difference is that people on a MG will be firing constantly while the people in the turret of a tank or jeep will be standing there looking around for something to fire at.
Diray
+13|6459|København, Danmark
"If the commander just placed a UAV on your position and a lot of red dots just popped on on your radar, then PLEASE rotate the turret towards the enemy, and FIRE that cannon. You can watch the flag change later. Also, please observe when one of those red dots are moving up behind your tank, likely an engineer or Spec.Ops - it's time to find a new transport vehicle; bail out."

I cannot count the amount of times I've seen this happen.
Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6264|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)
I love turret-muppets. they're easy kills with any gun.
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6735|Great Wall
I've never "got pwnd".. sorry..

ethrion wrote:

12. Never run infront of a claymore freshly placed by your ally, you know, the one you just watched him put down
Oh.. I love those guys.. They stop.. look at your claymore for a while.. and then they run in front of it.. And of course they punish you for TK... Yeah babe.. BF2 is full of them!!

Last edited by Drunk_Musketeer (2007-04-24 01:53:15)

JG1567JG
+110|6585|United States of America

Diray wrote:

"If the commander just placed a UAV on your position and a lot of red dots just popped on on your radar, then PLEASE rotate the turret towards the enemy, and FIRE that cannon. You can watch the flag change later. Also, please observe when one of those red dots are moving up behind your tank, likely an engineer or Spec.Ops - it's time to find a new transport vehicle; bail out."

I cannot count the amount of times I've seen this happen.
I cannot count the times I have seen my teamate bail out of a full health tank because he is scared of taking that one death that he bails and gives the spec op or engineer a nice tank to rape his team with.  Don't bail die with your tank.

Reason #14  Your teamate bailed out of his tank and the enemy stole it and is now raping our team.
basetballjones
+30|6746
#15  you cant fly and you know it- go man a TOW emplacement or something

#16  instead of diving for cover you think bunnyhopping would help you dodge fire from an RPK

#17  better make it a headshot, sniper, because I have body armor and 7.1 surround sound, you- have grass glued to your uniform.(period)

#18 Jeezus, you call laying in a bush in the middle of Karkand avenue "hiding" ?

#19 There is always... ALWAYS someone behind you, above you, around the corner, and behind that tree.. look around and use cover every once in a while.
Diray
+13|6459|København, Danmark

JG1567JG wrote:

I cannot count the times I have seen my teamate bail out of a full health tank because he is scared of taking that one death that he bails and gives the spec op or engineer a nice tank to rape his team with.  Don't bail die with your tank.

Reason #14  Your teamate bailed out of his tank and the enemy stole it and is now raping our team.
But then again, if you stay in the tank, you are dead for certain. If you bail, you atleast have a chance to put some hurting on the enemy, and if the tank is stolen, to destroy it.
I've had times where I bailed from my tank, only to have the Spec.Op blow it and himself up, leaving me to get away unharmed.

But all of this could have been avoided if people would take note of the UAV.
ethrion

basetballjones wrote:

#15  you cant fly and you know it- go man a TOW emplacement or something

#16  instead of diving for cover you think bunnyhopping would help you dodge fire from an RPK

#17  better make it a headshot, sniper, because I have body armor and 7.1 surround sound, you- have grass glued to your uniform.(period)

#18 Jeezus, you call laying in a bush in the middle of Karkand avenue "hiding" ?

#19 There is always... ALWAYS someone behind you, above you, around the corner, and behind that tree.. look around and use cover every once in a while.
Haha those are great! Especially #18

20. If you can see them then they can damn well see you, you are not invisible
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6226|NSW, Australia

Diray wrote:

I've had times where I bailed from my tank, only to have the Spec.Op blow it and himself up, leaving me to get away unharmed.
on mashtuur ive been in a tank at mosque a spec ops has come put 1 c4 on my tank i  hopped out he freaked and blew himself up, leaving me with a tank that i repaired and kept going with
CloakedStarship
+76|6562

ethrion wrote:

7. Do not ignore your radar, those 20 red blips right around the corner are not your friends
*Pulls out DAO-12*

I'm Ready.
Simon
basically
+838|6655|UK

ethrion wrote:

1. Never stop in the open to check your map or have a look around
I look while jumping
thefooch
+3|6277
Never hit your "E" button twice when getting on a zip line. You will start to zip then fall to your death.
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6490
Never go prone, the only time I'd say prone is at long range.
JG1567JG
+110|6585|United States of America

Diray wrote:

JG1567JG wrote:

But then again, if you stay in the tank, you are dead for certain. If you bail, you atleast have a chance to put some hurting on the enemy, and if the tank is stolen, to destroy it.

But all of this could have been avoided if people would take note of the UAV.
I will have to agree on the last statement about the UAV, but I still think you are better off dieing with your tank and then you can respawn and hop in again.  Also I don't know how many times I have been in a 1 vs. 1 tank battle and the other guy bails and still dies.  I end up driving up repairing and taking the enemy tank or have one of my squad members jump in.  Always blow your tank up if you switch tanks in the middle of the battlefield.
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6756|Denmark
Good tread... people who have no common sense, let this thread be your bible..

+1 karma..
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6556|Hungary
Nice tips ! Here you are maniac

https://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2006/0605/heroes/jolie0508.jpg
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6324|Australia
- If you see a lone guy camping at a remote location on the map, 9 times out of ten that person is commander. He has the scan button. He knows where you are at all times. Save your team the ticket and don't sneak up on him.

- Red skulls are not powerups.

- The last 10 times that you've gone down that road, a sniper had blown your head off. Something tells me that going down that road an 11th time will not result in you killing him.

- The C4 littering the capture area are not fancy decorations. Find and kill the nearby specops guy before you get your precious cap points.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard