taffy1979
+7|6615|u.k
Can any of you boffins out there help me, i have never been able to tab/alt out of the game. The only time i could do it is when i have changed my exe file name, the only issue i then have is when i rejoin the game i lose one inch of the bottom of the screen. Any help would be much appreciated.
derstralle
Iron Egg Skill, bitches!
+29|6213
Yeah alt+tabbing is flawed with most games.
Try to Ctrl+Alt+Del and then tab or press Start and then tab, so you will have something else to tab to.
Can't tell ya out of memory if i can tab out of BF2 but this definitely helps me with one specific game.
kajukenbo_kid
+36|6414|...
no problems for me, i think your resolution has soemthing to do with it.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6643|Camoran's Paradise
Hold Ctrl+Esc.  It just downsizes the game to the taskbar.  Works fine everytime.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

Dauntless wrote:

You're holding alt and then pressing tab right? not Tab then Alt?

Only reason I ask is because most people type it as Alt/Tab.
What he said, Alt is the key that alters the function on other keys just like shift, ctrl and Alt Gr.

So Alt + Tab is the way to go, not Tab + Alt !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
taffy1979
+7|6615|u.k
Yeah i def hit alt first. And ctrl, escape doesnt seem to work either its nuts.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

taffy1979 wrote:

Yeah i def hit alt first. And ctrl, escape doesnt seem to work either its nuts.
Try it when you have another window open, a internet session or something else !

Does it normally work for you like tabbing between two windows ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
taffy1979
+7|6615|u.k
One little thing i forgot to mention is it seems as tho it goes to windows, as in the pointer changes when i hover over open windows in the background,however the bf2 screen will not go away
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6751
I find it helps to have another application running, other than BF2.
Just make it one that does not use a lot of system resources.
What I do is open Internet Explorer, and set it to a blank page.
Or you could open an empty page on Notepad or something.
Alt-Tab is really to toggle between applications, so if BF2 is the only one running, the computer sometimes has trouble leaping out of it if there is not other application running.
derstralle
Iron Egg Skill, bitches!
+29|6213

Rick_O_Shea678 wrote:

(...)
Alt-Tab is really to toggle between applications, so if BF2 is the only one running, the computer sometimes has trouble leaping out of it if there is not other application running.
Yeah or for example the task manager.
Did you actually read my post?
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6751

derstralle wrote:

Rick_O_Shea678 wrote:

(...)
Yeah or for example the task manager.
Did you actually read my post?
Yes, I read them all.  Which was yours? <scrolls up>
Ah yes, you told him to Ctrl-Alt-Del, or try pressing the Start key.
I didn't think that was very good advice, so I gave him a different suggestion.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6461|Tyne & Wear, England
Try this:

Right click on the desktop, click properties and go to settings.  Then change the colour quality to 16bit.

Then open BF2 and try alt and tab.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Camouflage-TR-
+1|6535|Seattle
KillSwitch is correct. It is a resolution problem. Do what he says. It will work fine.
taffy1979
+7|6615|u.k
Killswitch you got it in one many thanks mate, i have given +1 karma. To all others who posted to help many thanks also.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard