+103|6733|Singapore
No idea, never heard of him
cMD-RR
+17|6287
k
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6394|The Gem Saloon
he let all those weapons get out when they collapsed.....
The Magic Mullet
+240|6424
I hope they don't cremate him, he'll burn for days, he's 90% proof.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6526|Singapore
killed by the ex-communists perhaps?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

"He steadfastly defended freedom of the press, but was a master at manipulating the media."
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6529|Global Command
R.i.p.
PureFodder
+225|6285
To be honest, a quick poll of my office shows most people thought he was already gone. He seemed to spend most of the last decade being on the brink of death so everyone assumed he'd died already.

From what I've heard, Yeltsin > Putin.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6764|Dallas
You know, the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Boris Yeltsin is "pure badass".

I mean it's one thing to be a slick, ruthless or clever politician in America, but to do the things he did, the way he did and to do them in the U.S.S.R no doubt.....truly amazing.

RIP

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6810|Nårvei

ATG wrote:

R.i.p.
Merge threads ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6745|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark
I've just said Borris Yeltsin is dead to my lass and she replied with what? the tennis player?

And no shes not blond!
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

The guy must have had at least ten heart attacks.
I also watched a documentry about when he took over just the other day, he was only a day or so away from being killed by the Spetznaz before it was called off. But he had cahonies to stand up to USSR like that.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2007-04-23 09:45:06)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
Wow, alot of you guys are pure asses. Remind us to go "meh" and more of those spam unneccissary comments when a former U.S president or some godforsaken random fucking European leader dies or something. This guy wasn't even much of an idiot. He tried to help out alot and had immense pressure. Okay, i didn't know who he was before he died either. I took the liberty to read about him and in my opinion this guy was somewhat of a hero.

R.I.P

And look, he actually took blame for his own actions. This guy's a fucking legend, in terms of politics.

"I cannot shift the blame for Chechnya, for the sorrow of numerous mothers and fathers," he said. "I made the decision, therefore I am responsible."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6584481.stm
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6643

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-04-23 11:32:30)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6555
He ain't getting an 'RIP' from me.

He fucked his own people with their disastrous transition to the free market system concentrating a quarter of the wealth of the country in the hands of less than 30 people and engaging in war crimes and brutal oppression in Chechnya, which should be an independent nation.
howler_27
+90|6687
Sionara you Vodka swiggin' commie...err...capitalist...err...man of the people.   If one thing has to be said, he was a hard ass for sure.  Chechnya, and holding up in the Parliament building during an attempted coupe.  An mundane man for the time,  but rest assured, his replacement(Putin), is more hard line than Yeltsin was.
ProudLimey
+3|6436
RIP Boris.

Sure his last years were not good, but he should be commended for his breaking down of Communism and the Soviet Union. He always faced trouble with a litre of Vodka in his back pocket, and that is why many Russians loved him.

He was always up for a good time too:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzQyfgCKpUM&NR=1[youtube]

Last edited by ProudLimey (2007-04-23 13:11:34)

xINTERMISSIONx
+71|6557|A dark hole....
he was ok and always drunk
UGADawgs
+13|6321|South Carolina, US

CameronPoe wrote:

He fucked his own people with their disastrous transition to the free market system concentrating a quarter of the wealth of the country in the hands of less than 30 people and engaging in war crimes and brutal oppression in Chechnya, which should be an independent nation.
Sorry that he helped dismantled your dear USSR, but he at least made an attempt to transition to a Western democracy and economic system, even though he ended up failing.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555

UGADawgs wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Sorry that he helped dismantled your dear USSR, but he at least made an attempt to transition to a Western democracy and economic system, even though he ended up failing.
It's called being inept.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6490|Menlo Park, CA
He was a drunk. . . .poor guy could never get off the sauce!!
russ)=spetsnaz
Banned
+131|6455|the guy in the hind on gator
r.i.p yeltsin mother russia forever
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

Ayumiz wrote:

No idea, never heard of him
Are you kidding?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard