theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6750
I am getting caught in a dillema.

I am all for forming squads in games and doing some good squad work. In the last couple of days i have concentrated on doing this and not going off on a lone gunman killing spree, however i seem to be getting killed much more than i was before!!

when i start a game, i will be looking for the squad with no medics, then join them as a medic (trying to get some more time with this kit). But i usually find myself in a squad and team which just bunches up with each other and then gets slaughtered by one granade. This is really annoying cause i spawn on the squad leader(who is usually in the middle of all the mayhem), and get killed straight away. or i will spawn and because everyone is dying around me i feel that i have to save them but end up getting killed in the process.

now i am thinking that i might just forget the team work and revert back to doing things my way.

you might be thinking "form a squad and do it your way but tell the rest of the squad what to do", tried this but no one ever seems to listen cause they are so desperate to get themselves killed
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6755|NH - USA
I sorta know what you mean. (It was the same in SOCOM II also)

Short version: Alternate and do what makes you happy.

Long version:

When I join a squad I am usually experimenting to some degree, and commit myself to a kit that isnt allready in the squad and I focus on that role. I have to be in the "mood" for this. I try to hang back somewhat and am prepared to die to accomplish my kit mission. I dont do this my whole game "session", however. It gets old to me. Otherwise its a solo squad and I do whatever, unless a squad likes my gameplay and invites me over.

I guess that it also depends on the dynamics of the particular game/map/round, how well I am doing, how much fun I am having, and what niche I can take advantage of.

Serving suggestion: Try kit missions with big squads on various map sizes and various populations. That can get interesting and rewarding when you find the right mix.

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/PANZER420/warren4.jpg
"Warren" in the messed up squad in "When Trumpets Fade". The newbie kicked ass in the end!

Last edited by VirtuaLResistancE (2005-12-09 08:22:37)

YitEarp
+1|6725
true enough.  usually im squal leader with at least one of my RL friends in it guarunteed not to be too bad of a 'pocket noob'(my friend and i coined this phrase to describe the guys who join your squad, spawn on you, and are really only useful as a bullet shield or distraction), but in the event my squad gets filled up with random people or im not playing with a RL friend and i have to join another squad, i try and roll with the punches.  if the SL isnt leading very much ill try and take point and lead by example or if the SL is doin his job ill roll with him and try to watch the angles the pocket noobs arent covering.  but yeah its annoying when all the squad wants to do is group hug while waiting for arty to come separate their brain from the pan.
topal63
. . .
+533|6718
Most random [formed temp. during a round] squads do not know the basics of flag captures.

A few rules I follow:
1.) Never rush in - only fools rush in.
2.) Kill the just spawned guy - in fast paced rounds - there is almost always at least 1 new spawn.
3.) 4 is better than 3; 5 is better than 4; 6 is better than 5; more is more; try to max. out the squad.
4.) Know the map and get 1/2 the squad to flank positions and/or high ground positions.
5.) Have a good noob-tuber, supply + medic go for the flag while the other half hangs back.
when the flag goes white - the other NON-fools can rush in to complete the cap.
6.) LEAVE the squad & rejoin if your first assult is failing & your getting killed by a 1st evaluation error;
if 1-guys left he will be squad leader and you can spawn on him; that = a lot less travel time back to the flag.

There are many others stupid things random squads do as well,
One is getting the whole squad killed at once in a vehicle - sometimes you just know that around that corner;
there is C4; a tank; an APC; etc.

Last edited by topal63 (2005-12-09 12:45:25)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard