usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

RicardoBlanco wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

As far as they're concerned the aid comes from the warlords/ other corrupt officials your government has given the responsibility of aid distribution to in return for favours.
Whatever dude.  Don't be so one sided.
It's kind of what you do in a debate.
I don't agree with helping Africa in any way, but you cannot deny we are.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

When you are at the top of anything, people will hate you regardless of your actions.
In fairness, I can still remember when Clinton visited Ireland and had thousands of people cheering him in the streets of Dublin and he received a similar reception in the occupied counties. Bush didn't get quite the same response! Attitudes have changed.
So the world loves democrats and hates republicans? Or do they simply generalize about an entire people based on who their leader is? Or do they simply not like the leaders? I don't know what point you're trying to get at but I don't see how it applies to what I said.
I'll be honest with you, most people in Ireland wouldn't have a clue about the different sides in US politics, my point is in the last 10 years the US has went from having a fairly positive image on the world stage to having an absolutely terrible one; and that's despite the sympathy the US got in light of the atrocious 9/11 attacks.
EVieira
+105|6479|Lutenblaag, Molvania

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

When you are at the top of anything, people will hate you regardless of your actions.
In fairness, I can still remember when Clinton visited Ireland and had thousands of people cheering him in the streets of Dublin and he received a similar reception in the occupied counties. Bush didn't get quite the same response! Attitudes have changed.
So the world loves democrats and hates republicans? Or do they simply generalize about an entire people based on who their leader is? Or do they simply not like the leaders? I don't know what point you're trying to get at but I don't see how it applies to what I said.
True, when you are on top there will always be people wanting to bring you down. But Bush's foreign policy has helped fuel the anti-american sentiment, such as its admant support of Israel regardless of its actions and the obvious situation in Iraq.

Clinton was a much better diplomat than Bush, and also did really good for the american economy, and consequently the world economy. I guess that's where Braddocks perception of the difference in the reception of your two presidents makes sense.

PS>: This has absoluletly nothing to do with Dems versus Reps, i could care less about the political parties of the US.
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6647

Braddock wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Braddock wrote:

I'll be honest with you, most people in Ireland wouldn't have a clue about the different sides in US politics, my point is in the last 10 years the US has went from having a fairly positive image on the world stage to having an absolutely terrible one; and that's despite the sympathy the US got in light of the atrocious 9/11 attacks.
Does that mean the world hates the American people because of Bush?
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6716|Germany

RicardoBlanco wrote:

danCer wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

lol, and you're admitting there are currently at least 0.9% who don't regret the Holocaust. I'd say that was 0.9% of Germans who are anti-semitic.

BTW, on D&ST it helps to follow your arguments through.
I could have also said 99.9, 99.8, 99.7, 99.6, 99.5, 99.4, 99.3, 99.2 or I could just have said most.
You are getting what I want to tell you, right?
Still, don't try to evade from my question. Where's the stuff?
Oh, so you made it up. You're losing credibility here. I'm not sure what you want to tell me anymore. "Where's the stuff?"...What, you mean this which I posted before?...

http://www.spiegel.de/international/spi … 28,00.html

BTW, on D&ST it helps not to make things up.
In addition to that Ricardo, you gotta come up with some better sources than your spiegel article.
Show me some of your german neo-nazi sources since you are that well informed.
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6551|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth

danCer wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

danCer wrote:

I could have also said 99.9, 99.8, 99.7, 99.6, 99.5, 99.4, 99.3, 99.2 or I could just have said most.
Oh, so you made it up. You're losing credibility here. I'm not sure what you want to tell me anymore. "Where's the stuff?"...What, you mean this which I posted before?...

In addition to that Ricardo, you gotta come up with some better sources than your spiegel article.
Here's all your evidence and surprise, surprise it all started in America,

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,1390574,00.html
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6569|Oxford

danCer wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

danCer wrote:

Will the BBC do for you?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3109966.stm

And from wiki if you like...

"In Germany immediately after World War II, Allied forces and the new German government attempted to prevent the creation of new Nazi movements through a process known as denazification. The West German government had passed strict laws prohibiting Nazis from publicly expressing their beliefs as well as barring them from the political process. Displaying the swastika was an offense punishable by up to one year imprisonment. There was little overt neo-Nazi activity in Europe until the 1960s. However, some former Nazis retained their political beliefs, and passed them down to new generations.

After German reunification in the 1990s, neo-Nazi groups gained more followers, mostly among disaffected teenagers in the former East Germany. Many were new groups that arose amidst the economic collapse and high unemployment in the former East Germany. They have also had an aversion to people from Slavic countries (especially Poland) and people of other national backgrounds who moved from the former West Germany into the former German Democratic Republic after Germany was reunited. Their ideology was similar to that of Otto Strasser (Strasserism)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Nazism
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6551|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth

RicardoBlanco wrote:

danCer wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

Will the BBC do for you?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3109966.stm

And from wiki if you like...

"In Germany immediately after World War II, Allied forces and the new German government attempted to prevent the creation of new Nazi movements through a process known as denazification. The West German government had passed strict laws prohibiting Nazis from publicly expressing their beliefs as well as barring them from the political process. Displaying the swastika was an offense punishable by up to one year imprisonment. There was little overt neo-Nazi activity in Europe until the 1960s. However, some former Nazis retained their political beliefs, and passed them down to new generations.

After German reunification in the 1990s, neo-Nazi groups gained more followers, mostly among disaffected teenagers in the former East Germany. Many were new groups that arose amidst the economic collapse and high unemployment in the former East Germany. They have also had an aversion to people from Slavic countries (especially Poland) and people of other national backgrounds who moved from the former West Germany into the former German Democratic Republic after Germany was reunited. Their ideology was similar to that of Otto Strasser (Strasserism)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Nazism
owned +1
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

owned +1
He actually asked him to come up with it.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6550|CH/BR - in UK

usmarine2005 wrote:

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

owned +1
He actually asked him to come up with it.
And I'm sure he wasn't expecting that much...

-konfusion
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)

RicardoBlanco wrote:

I am British and we're still paying you back for the loans made during WW2.
I'm pretty sure I saw something recently about how we've cleared that debt now. Bye bye 'special relationship'...
Sanjaya
Banned
+40|6227

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

I am British and we're still paying you back for the loans made during WW2.
I'm pretty sure I saw something recently about how we've cleared that debt now. Bye bye 'special relationship'...
It can be something more intimate if you want. Only if we get to be on top though.
David.P
Banned
+649|6274

RicardoBlanco wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

Really? Ask the brits who made them help you? Still payin us back? How? You fucked us over in nam and you still dont understand the concept of self defense! We only initiated these wars because we want to prevent another mass genocide! If your country had any balls they would step up to the plate with sudan! Not bend to the mosque leaders demands to stay out.  I'm not saying you should be permanently obliged to us. All i'm saying is help us out once in a while when we need it so we dont have any more hitlers or stalins.
I am British and we're still paying you back for the loans made during WW2. FFS read a little history before you enter the debate. How, exactly, did we fuck you over in 'Nam??? You did that all on your own. My argument is Europe has had it's days of warmongering and we now have other ways to get what we want. Diplomacy can work wonders sometimes. If your government insists on using force to get what it wants you will, quite rightly, draw criticism.
I was talking about the french!
specops10-4
+108|6743|In the hills

max wrote:

From a German perspective (I usually live in Germany with my parents when I'm not at university in Switzerland):
Germans see America as a very democratic country that treats everyone in the country equally. It is also viewed as a partially Jewish country. Furthermore America has a thriving economy and is based on core libertarian values with low social security.

Germans hate all that.
They are not democratic; they always want a powerful leader to tell them whats right (e.g. when the 2 major parties formed a coalition everyone was happy that now things could change for the better without the annoying problem of the parliament slowing the government down).
Germans don't believe in equality and think deep down that they are the superior race. There is still lots of antisemitism here.
Germany has a protected economy and view America as a huge evil cooperation that wants to take over the world.

sure there are exceptions but the general public thinks that way
Wow...  I have been to Germany a few times, I believe 4 or 5 times, and never have I heard anything negative towards me. 

I guess you will expect a slight drop in your tourism revenue.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6550|CH/BR - in UK

Well, I'll speak for the Swiss:
We are a proud people, who dislike foreigners - most of all, Americans (have a bad image due to their government especially) and Germany (who are seen as arrogant snobs, because they assume we have the same mentality as they do, just because we also speak German). The problem is now that we have 25% foreign people, and as a small country, we fear for our individuality that we are so proud of.

-konfusion
Ryan
+1,230|6844|Alberta, Canada

As a Canadian, I don't feel any hatred towards the US. Yes, they may make mistakes, but a country of that size isn't perfect. I dislike Bush, only for the reason he can't speak well and he won't bring your troops home. But other than that, i find nothing wrong with the United States. I've been to California, LA to be exact, and never found anything wrong with the people there. Very beautiful country, and in my opinion, is one of the best in the world. Besides Canada, which is the best of the best!
logitech487
+16|6403|From The State Of Taxes
The biggest reason other countries hate the U.S.A is JEALOUSY !!! Also i think the U.N. should be moved to a country like France , Iran or maybe Russia
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6756|United States of America

Ryan wrote:

As a Canadian, I don't feel any hatred towards the US. Yes, they may make mistakes, but a country of that size isn't perfect. I dislike Bush, only for the reason he can't speak well and he won't bring your troops home. But other than that, i find nothing wrong with the United States. I've been to California, LA to be exact, and never found anything wrong with the people there. Very beautiful country, and in my opinion, is one of the best in the world. Besides Canada, which is the best of the best!
I actually made a good friend from Canada within the last month.  She's loves her country as you do but would rather die than go back permanently. She likes it so much more here and doesn't want to leave the friends she has made here. She does go back to Cananda often, Christmas break, spring break, summer, but that's all that she needs. She loves it here, doesn't even have a political opinion on bush though....
Ryan

Miller wrote:

Ryan wrote:

I actually made a good friend from Canada within the last month.  She's loves her country as you do but would rather die than go back permanently. She likes it so much more here and doesn't want to leave the friends she has made here. She does go back to Cananda often, Christmas break, spring break, summer, but that's all that she needs. She loves it here, doesn't even have a political opinion on bush though....
Yeah, Canadians like America too. It's pretty much the same, just different landscape, bigger cities, culture (if you think about it), and different political stances.
There is nothing wrong with the United States, except for the dilemma it is in right now with Iraq.
Mr.Dude2
+13|6324| Bay Area Calif. USA

David.Podedworny wrote:

You know what i'm so sick and tired of? This constant abuse we suffer from the people we helped.

Look at france in WW1 and WW2 us and britain saved their asses from the germans wheres the thanks? Huh? Remember Nam? Why did'nt they help us? they sold weapons to the commies and got many of our men killed!

Look at The Korean War we bailed out the bastards and now they hate us? For what? Is it our fault that kim jong il is running his country like shit. I especially hate it when i watch some student protesters talke about capitolism and how it hurts the working man and they want to re-unify with the north under their terms. Really? You dont like the Ipods and Luxuries you have? Do you really wanna live on a farm in fear hoping that you dont get killed for some BS reason? Do you want your women to be raped everyday?

Afghanistan First off we gave you arms to fight the commies, We gave you food to feed your families when the soviets cut you off, We gave you alot of things to be independent but you threw it all away fro what? An Idealogical state where there is no freewill?

Germany Remember the berlin airlift? Remember how we supplied you food and water? Remember how we stopped you from being punished like before in ww1? Remember when we helped you get revenge on your enemy's?And now your against us for trying to get revenge on our enemy's for 9/11?

Seriously these dumbass's need to stop being pussies and caving into the will of our enemy for fear of retribution and start kicking ass.

I have a message to all those living in fear all around the world.

Britain Stop being scared of another attack, Do what Thatcher did "This is our country if you dont like it leave"
"We wont bend to your demands you bend to ours" And kick em out if they spread hate in your country.

France stop giving into their demands remember Martel? He was'nt against Islam he was against the Idealogy of submission, He held them off for you! For The future generations of his lands. Remember this as you all are  debating what should we give them next? Your balls? Or your Lives?

Germany Remember The Holy Roman Empire? Remember how Barbarossa prevented them from taking over? Remember how you fought back and made them live under your rules for a while? Now your sending people into the mosques telling them not to bomb germany since they are sympathetic to their cause.

South Korea What the Fuck are you doing! Ask your parents about how the commies killed your grandparents, Ask them how they tortured your family's for no reason, Look at the bbc documentary's about the nation in an objective way, Dont pity the North Korean Government they are causing their own dowfall, Pity the People and Destroy their government, Or I guess we will have too.

Israel You deserve that land that you had before the 1960's everything else is theirs give it back to them, And if they still attack you take it back.

Spain it's too late you gave into their will i hope we dont have to bail you out.

Australia one day it's gonna be you and us against them hold on buddy we'll make it through.

See i sound like a stereotypical american dont I? Well i'm not i only have these views after listening to my relatives of how life sucked when you lived in fear of an idealogy. Believe me my country hates communsim to the core and would gladly invade and of the fuckers that are left in this world.( If poland and north korea went to war who would win? Who do ya think?)

I swear to god if worse comes to worse and their is no freedom left in this world i'll fight for it no matter what no matter who the enemy is, I wont give up, I wont give in, I will never scared of death or anything for that matter.

Btw: I fucken hate bush i dont support the war in iraq just the troops. Where is their armor? Where are their Humvees with 6-inch titanium plating? Where is their support MR president? And to the democrats! Dont make a repeat of nam again there is no loophole this time, Idealogy is easier to defeat when most of the population is oppressed not just one gender. (Lady's be strong you have your own will)

/rant

(Fuck you liberals and fuck you conservatives)
Very well said... God bless us
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6491|Menlo Park, CA
Canada lol!! you mean mini USA. . . .

Canada and the USA have a really good relationship!

Although every Canadian I talk to really would like to stay and work in the USA.  The money is better, and frankly they all say its too cold!!

Then again these are all Canadians (that I know and talk with) that are living in California right now, and as you can imagine dont want to go back. . . .

I have no ill will towards Canadians at all, they are good people!

serious note: Most people who really hate the USA are people who are jealous and wish their country(s) were more like ours. . . . Those who are always on top, always have haters bad mouthing them, same goes for people who hate the United States

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-04-23 15:47:48)

Ryan

fadedsteve wrote:

Although every Canadian I talk to really would like to stay and work in the USA.  The money is better, and frankly they all say its too cold!!

Then again these are all Canadians (that I know and talk with) that are living in California right now, and as you can imagine dont want to go back. . . .

Heh, maybe if we had palm trees, white sand, and nice weather, we wouldn't be in California.
All we have is evergreen trees, brown dirt, and icy roads to drive on
David.P
Banned
+649|6274

Mr.Dude2 wrote:

Very well said... God bless us
Which part of my post were you referring too? I'm sorry i had to write it that long. But i mean what i say.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6756|United States of America

Ryan wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

Heh, maybe if we had palm trees, white sand, and nice weather, we wouldn't be in California.
Come take a walk with me along the beach... Nvm, I hate teh beach.
Ryan

Miller wrote:

Ryan wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

Come take a walk with me along the beach... Nvm, I hate teh beach.
Okay, we can go walk in the ghetto

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard