Poll

On average, which is more useful for the team, high SPM or high KD?

Spm44%44% - 116
Kd55%55% - 142
Total: 258
Marinejuana
local
+415|6577|Seattle
Score per minute vs. Kill to death ratio

Discuss.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-04-20 16:01:43)

Simon
basically
+838|6650|UK
SPM, I'll discuss later.. too lazy atm
ssonrats
+221|6637
Both.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6670|Middle of nowhere
K/D ratio

the more ticket loss you inflict on your enemy, and the less you affect your teams tickets, the better
Ryan
+1,230|6835|Alberta, Canada

Yeah, I'd have to choose both.
Hard descision though.

SPM means you are being a good killer as well as healing/supplying your team, while having a good KDR means you are staying alive more often, allowing your team to lose less tickets.
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6646|Westminster, Colorado
I am not sure either way on this. 

Here is a question to ponder though:

What if I go 40-10, but 30 of my kills are subsequently revived by the other team.  Have I done anything positive?
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6670|Middle of nowhere

terrafirma wrote:

I am not sure either way on this. 

Here is a question to ponder though:

What if I go 40-10, but 30 of my kills are subsequently revived by the other team.  Have I done anything positive?
hmm, good question, but if you really are that good at killing, you won't leave the medics that are around to revive the people

so that's something that shouldn't ever happen imo
chittydog
less busy
+586|6827|Kubra, Damn it!

SPM, unless you're a support whore. Your score can come from kills (which reduces the other team's tickets), capping flags (which affects their ticket loss), repairs (keeping your team alive longer) and heals/revives (keeps your team from losing a ticket).

K/D can be high without helping the team much. A K/D of 5 is worthless if you only have 5 kills and no team points.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6558|England

A high SPM indicates revives, flag caps etc. Flags win the game, not KDR's. However, someone with 40/3 is obviously helping the team a LOT.

Personally, I think they go hand in hand - and which one is more important depends on the map imo.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6659

I've played quite a few matches where my team had significantly better KDR, but lost against a team with significantly more SPM.  And so, SPM is more important.  Your kills don't show the enemies revives.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6619|Warlord
Depends what the SPM is from, but high KDR is always good for the team.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6314|Orrstrayleea
KD, the way i see it is that if you keep that above 1 then your SPM should be OK
Ice Cold Killa
+26|6436|Perth, W.A, Australia.
they are both as important as eachother, while KD ratio puts down enemy tickets SPM would be mostly coming from teamwork points ie. Capping Flags, Giving Ammo, Healing and Reviving.
kilgoretrout
+53|6462|Little Rock, AR
Depends on how you're getting the SPM.  If it's reviving,  you're saving your team a ticket every time you res someone.  If it's playing support, ammo is important, but it's not directly relating to the ticket count.  KDR is always important because you'll help the team by taking more tickets than you lose.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
Obth combined. Your overall score is meant to be a reflection of how useful you are to your team.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6316|New Haven, CT
The KDR is generally more important because they affect tickets. SPM can just be determined by throwing ammo bags to refill one grenade, and that doesn't help your team.
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6448|The edge of sanity
SPM with spm people can be reviving, caping points, and helpng kill enemies. wheras kd they are just getting more kills than deaths , but kills dont nessicarily mean loss of enemy tickets (i.e. revive)
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6613|Gold coast, Aus.
They generally go hand in hand. But if the sort of 'high kdr' were talking about here is 40-3 and not some snipers 15-0 score, I would say the assault/medic/whatever else that got 40-3 is helping his team more. Being able to kill that much, even if they get revived, means he is holding there team, slowing there progress down.

But as i said first, They usually go hand in hand with high KDR players also racking up high SPM's
7thEs_ChibiKrillin
+3|6656

Snake wrote:

A high SPM indicates revives, flag caps etc. Flags win the game, not KDR's. However, someone with 40/3 is obviously helping the team a LOT.

Personally, I think they go hand in hand - and which one is more important depends on the map imo.
Flags do not win the game. For example, in Karkand, your team only needs one flag in order to eliminate ticket bleed. Some maps require two flags, but the point is moot.  If your team has a higher KDR then the other, and two flags on every map, your team will win.

Last edited by 7thEs_ChibiKrillin (2007-04-20 19:46:33)

Computer_Guy
+54|6689
I'm a pilot and i have had gunners go 100/13 k/d and we would loose because our team doesnt cap flags. its who has more and whos gonna keep them. so high spm is the team that is gonna win.
7thEs_ChibiKrillin
+3|6656
That specific example is disregarding your team's overall KDR. I will agree that you need to keep one or two flags depending on the map, however, having more makes absolutely no difference.
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6586|Las Vegas, NV USA
Both are important to the individual, but for the team (and the win) both could fall as important and unimportant.
adv3rsary
+28|6708
depends what you're killing.. most of the time i'd say kills.. as long as ure killing the right people... (as in those capping your flags rather than those helpless on the carrier so u can rack up 100000 kills)
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6583|Reisterstown, MD

K/D because you deplete the other team's tickets by killing them so...
chittydog
less busy
+586|6827|Kubra, Damn it!

I hope everyone who voted K/D is always on the other team. You guys make it easy for me to keep my W/L ratio high!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard