CouchPotato
+9|6229
Does anyone want to help a noob? I just got the game today, and would like someone to show me the ropes.

If so add me to xfire. My name is CouchPotato89.
Volatile
+252|6706|Sextupling in Empire

There are many guides available on this site, get to reading.

Also, spend a little time on the maps alone so you can learn where all the weaponry is.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6287|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
Don't worry, always keep moving, never knife a tank, nades are worthless on armor, and...
never play Karkand.
ReTox
+100|6501|State of RETOXification
I don't have X-Fire but here are some tips to help you get started:

Play the heck out of single player if you want to use vehicles.  Don't try to learn how to fly in a public server.

Read the Wiki for sure and try to read the BF2s forum posts, especially the Tips and Tricks.

Most important is to have fun!  Don't take the inevitable asshatery seriously or personally.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6527|South Florida

Undetected_Killer wrote:

never knife a tank
Wafflecopter (ROFLcopters older brother)
nades are worthless on armor
Very true unless its your last resort.
15 more years! 15 more years!
bombardier9999
+20|6485

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Don't worry, always keep moving, never knife a tank, nades are worthless on armor, and...
never play Karkand.
NEVER PLAY KARKAND, i beg ur parden. Karkand is the most popular and BEST map in the whole FKN game including all the expasions and booster packs... ALWAYS PLAY INFANTRY ONLY KARKAND IF U WANT POINTS. (this guy doesn't know shi-t) (and sorry, i get carried away when people say shit about Karkand...)
Volatile
+252|6706|Sextupling in Empire

Oh, and always watch your hud to know where enemies are on the uav.

Always be aware of what soldiers around you are asking for, cause if your support or medic and don't give certain people what they need, you'll get tk'd.

Straffing while going prone causes your soldier to do a roll(you can't see it but everyone else does). Many people in this game exploit the shit out of proning and rolling so get used to doing this maneuver.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?

bombardier9999 wrote:

Undetected_Killer wrote:

never play Karkand.
NEVER PLAY KARKAND, i beg ur parden. Karkand is the most popular and BEST map in the whole FKN game including all the expasions and booster packs... ALWAYS PLAY INFANTRY ONLY KARKAND IF U WANT POINTS. (this guy doesn't know shi-t) (and sorry, i get carried away when people say shit about Karkand...)
Dear impressionable newbs:
Do not listen to him. He is a n00b. You are newbs. You still have your innocence. Do not believe this man(?)!
If you play Karkand too much, you become a n00b.
I too used to be a n00b.... until I bought SF.

Last edited by Undetected_Killer (2007-04-19 17:56:20)

RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6481|Somewhere else

All good suggestions here!

Remember to learn what Kits do what, some people are better with certain kits.  don't fly at first, vetereans will see your low rank and just make playing no fun. sad truth.

If you want to make friends playing be support kit to supply or medic to Heal (don't JUST revive), it's nice to have a squad member that keeps you loaded and/or healthy. 

Find a decent squad and do your best to work with them. Squad play is rare sometimes, but if you can get into one that works together, watch how they play.

Know the game controls for everything. 

Because I'm a nice guy: NEVER NEVER press the keyboard keys ALT and F4 together, no matter what anyone tells you it will do for you.

Read the BF2s wikis.    Some of the best have wrote the wiki.

Undetected_Killer wrote:

, nades are worthless on armor
Hold on!  nades are worthless on a tank, unless the tank is emitting a dark grey smoke.   98% of the time. grenades won't tanke out a tank. But if it's a smokin, it can be done. Saved my ass a select few times!
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6680|In You Endo- Stoke

bombardier9999 wrote:

Undetected_Killer wrote:

never play Karkand.
Cus if you do,you will end up like this guy..

Played 380 hours of karkand.thats just plain boring.

Just learn to fly,in singleplayer.
Get used to the different classes as they all play diffently and have there pro's and cons.

Join a squad a follow the leader.
(its on the same page as you select your class)
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

bombardier9999 wrote:

Undetected_Killer wrote:

never play Karkand.
YA SRSLY.

I'll take the liberty of translating this into readable English (as well as using my own opinions).
Personally, I like Karkand. Many others share my opinion. However, if you like to live, stick to the sides of the map at the beginning of the game. DO NOT charge down the middle. You WILL be naded to death. Like the guy said, play KARKAND INFANTRY ONLY IF YOU WANT POINTS.

In short, do whatever the hell you please. Bunnyhop, n00b tube, nade spam, whatever gets you going (just like my AT whoring).
And don't listen to this guy, Undetected knows exactly what he's talking about.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
BlackKoala
+215|6327
Keep this in mind....

Alt + F4  =  Secret unlocks.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?

bombardier9999 wrote:

Undetected_Killer wrote:

bombardier9999 wrote:

Dear impressionable newbs:
Do not listen to him. He is a n00b. You are newbs. You still have your innocence. Do not believe this man(?)!
If you play Karkand too much, you become a n00b.
I too used to be a n00b.... until I bought SF.
BIG NUB!!! SF is gay and only good to get 3rd tier unlucks, undetected killer is a big nub and Karkand makes all other maps shit, and minorities... and Undetected_Killer, if Karkand is so "n00b" then why do all the top players have the most hours on it???
Please, God, admins, w00f. Take him away.
Silly BlackKoala! Alt + F4 is unlimited ammo!

Last edited by Undetected_Killer (2007-04-19 18:02:41)

cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

AND REMEMBER YOU CAN MIN 4 FISH LOLZ

I had to steal that from Undetected.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?

cowami wrote:

AND REMEMBER YOU CAN MIN 4 FISH LOLZ

I had to steal that from Undetected.
*death!*
bombardier9999
+20|6485
What are u 10?? Why don't u tell u go tell your mom on me for god sakes... WoW... Grow up.
Alpha.350
+19|6577
Remember kid.. teabagging is free and it builds up reputation on servers

sincerly

alpha
san4
The Mas
+311|6690|NYC, a place to live
1. Practice in singleplayer

2. Always join a squad
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
Cowami, aaaarrreeee yyyyooooouuuu reeeeeaaaadddyyyyy.....
To reduce this nub to tears?
bombardier9999
+20|6485
Ok, u know what, lets stop flaming this thread cause there is no point arguing over this, good day sir.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?

bombardier9999 wrote:

Ok, u know what, lets stop flaming this thread cause there is no point arguing over this, good day sir.
Don't leave, biznatch. You can't change from utter n00btard to English speaking human that quickly.
Alpha.350
+19|6577
Bombardier dont talk to this noob.. he sucks

ALSO GUYS, REMEMBER TO TEABAG PLEASE

Last edited by Alpha.350 (2007-04-19 18:07:43)

cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

Ooh, fight! Me likey!

I never thought I'd see the day where I'd reduce myself to the position of spam-whore.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
Indeed I do, I've been playing BF2142 more than BF2.
But I know from experience.
Alpha.350
+19|6577
haha shut up you too nooby spammer.. face de graine

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard