ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6472|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
Ive just noticed this new Operation Flashpoint 2 screenshot, and if thats the ingame footage then this game looks very promising!

http://www.gameslave.co.uk/newscomments … Screenshot

Last edited by ELITE-UK (2007-04-19 09:42:46)

kripp
+42|6740|Florida (305)
I loved the first one. Thats the game that I flew my first helicopter with a joystck. I also made some bas ass maps for it also.
Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6694|South Africa
Erm.... www.armedassault.com?

I know it hasn't been released in the UK yet, but ArmA is OFP2.

Had it for about 2 months now... Its awesome
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6472|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND

Phatso wrote:

Well thats where you are wrong dude, Armed Assault is a UNOFFICIAL add-on to Operation flashpoint, Operation Flashpoint 2 is a OFFICIAL sequal by Codemasters i think is going to be released in Autumn-Winter 2007.
XanKrieger
iLurk
+60|6656|South West England
OF2.... The first game was one of my top 5 FPS's of all time, i still play it, and that one screenie, 2 looks like its gonna be the sex baby...the sex
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6743|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark
Looking at the screen shot, l now no my computer is fucked and has no chance of running that thing!
Greenboi
+14|6365
The screenshot is apparently pre-rendered, so the game may not look like that...the smoke looks fake also..

Reading on another forum that the screenshot was pre-rendered, so only relaying info!
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6446

The_Guardsman wrote:

Looking at the screen shot, l now no my computer is fucked and has no chance of running that thing!
It's coming on the PS3 and 360, if you got at least one of them!
Rickard.Jarl-
+7|6217|Sweden, Norrbotten, LuleƄ.
that ss looks real!
ZamoII
+11|6217

Phatso wrote:

arma isnt OFP 2...
ZamoII
+11|6217

ELITE-UK wrote:

Phatso wrote:

Well thats where you are wrong dude, Armed Assault is a UNOFFICIAL add-on to Operation flashpoint, Operation Flashpoint 2 is a OFFICIAL sequal by Codemasters i think is going to be released in Autumn-Winter 2007.
see, this guy knows what hes on about, hes right
TheLostOne
+11|6511

ZamoII wrote:

Phatso wrote:

arma isnt OFP 2...
Indeed. It is the sequel, but Codemasters split the orginal deal with the developers, but they still hold the rights to the name Operation Flashpoint. Therefore it couldn't be used.
Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6694|South Africa

ZamoII wrote:

ELITE-UK wrote:

Phatso wrote:

see, this guy knows what hes on about, hes right
Erm oops...

My bad... Really what i meant was that it is the sequel... as stated above...
USMCkilla
+16|6760|South Carolina
I have to agree. I loved OFP and its add on's. It was truely way ahead of its time. This new game ArmA is a total piece of crap! They did a great disservice to OFP by even having this game mentioned with it.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

rdx-fx wrote:

vocal patterns of the AI are straight from William Shatner (Two... where... are you?  one... where ... are you?),

I finished ArmA a little while ago, the game runs fine except for when i exit, and then a blue screen takes over my comp and tells my there was a serious error and recently installed items must be checked, so i kinda stopped playing it.
Ryan
+1,230|6841|Alberta, Canada

By looking at the screenshots on filefront, I'm not to happy. The graphics suck.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Ryan wrote:

By looking at the screenshots on filefront, I'm not to happy. The graphics suck.
I agree the graphics seem to be a lot like OFP1, good for their time but not these days, i've seen mixed images, some that look like those in ArmA, but with less detail and others that look like OFP1 with slightly more detail.
I guess time will tell.
The_Mac
+96|6223
So, rumor is it that this screenshot  is pre rendered? I don't think so, they wouldn't start off like this, only to show us some crap later...or would they? I'm hoping this isn't pre rendered.
The_Mac
+96|6223
So, do people really think that screen is pre rendered? It doesn't have to be, and I think its not, simply because they've spent 2 years designing the engine, according to gamesradar, and I think that looks like about 2 years work of engine tweaking. It certainly looks like part of a game engine.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

The_Mac wrote:

So, do people really think that screen is pre rendered? It doesn't have to be, and I think its not, simply because they've spent 2 years designing the engine, according to gamesradar, and I think that looks like about 2 years work of engine tweaking. It certainly looks like part of a game engine.
Mmm... If people think that is pre-rendered then maybe they should go watch the Crysis vids. New things are possible. Very powerful computing stuff around these days.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6694|South Africa
I don't understand why people dislike ArmA so much.

The single player campaign is pretty weak. Agreed.

However, there are custom user made co-op missions that are available that require 10 or more players.
And they are what ArmA is all about. Capturing 6 towns, each with about 100 opfor.
A standalone ranking system. More objectives and opfor downed, more vehicles you can drive, different guns you can gear up with.
The map is called Evolution.

ArmA is tactical shooter tho, not a pt&clk FPS.

Couldn't find a DL link but heres something to check out : http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.p … mp;gonew=1
The_Mac
+96|6223

Flecco wrote:

The_Mac wrote:

Mmm... If people think that is pre-rendered then maybe they should go watch the Crysis vids. New things are possible. Very powerful computing stuff around these days.
True, but it was confirmed from the start that that wasn't pre rendered because we saw it from an FPS view. Now, we have this screenshot, and it does look pre rendered, but it'd be awesome if it wasn't.
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6435|Brisbane, Australia
latest preview out

Looks pretty damn good.

Last edited by Machine_Madness (2009-02-19 22:32:33)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6712|Purplicious Wisconsin

Machine_Madness wrote:

latest preview out

Looks pretty damn good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-GGD8U_z1Q
Wow, that is nice. Can't wait to upgrade my computer so I can play this game.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6147|'straya
Looks pretty cool. i really liked the first one... first good fps i ever played.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard