Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6731|St. Andrews / Oslo

Here are two homes from two very well known political people, with two different environmental views. The Facts are checked at snopes.com and are correct.

HOUSE # 1: A 20-room mansion (plus 8 bathrooms) is heated by natural gas. Add on a pool (and a pool house) and a separate guest house, all heated by gas. In one month this home consumes more energy than the average American household in a year. The average bill for electricity and natural gas runs over $2,400 per month. In natural gas alone, this property consumes more than 20 times the national average for an American home. This house is in the South.  If you are up on current events, you probably know who is the owner.

HOUSE # 2: Designed by an architecture professor at a leading national university, this house incorporates every "green" feature current home construction can provide. The house contains 4,000  square feet (4
bedrooms) and is nestled on arid high prairie in the American southwest. A central closet in the house holds geothermal heat pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground. The water (usually 67 degrees F.) heats the house in winter and cools it in summer. The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas and it consumes 25% of the electricity required for a conventional heating/cooling system.
Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern. Wastewater from showers, sinks and toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern. The collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house. Flowers and shrubs native to the area blend the property into the surrounding rural landscape.

HOUSE # 1 (The 20 room mansion) is outside of Nashville ,Tennessee . It is the home of the renowned  environmentalist and filmmaker, Al Gore.

HOUSE # 2 (model eco-friendly house) is on a ranch near Crawford, Texas. Also known as "the Texas White House," it is the private residence of the President of the United States, George W. Bush.

So who is more eco-friendly?

Discuss.

Last edited by Jenspm (2007-04-19 03:09:25)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6486|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Nice find +1, I always knew Gore was a blowhard, $2400 a mo is more than my rent, utilities, car payment, cell phone and what I spend on Thai hookers every month!!
davidonbf2
Banned
+19|6222
this should be put on TV , im pretty sure Al gore would have a neat answer for that
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6708|Charlie One Alpha

Sanjaya wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Nice find +1, I always knew Gore was a blowhard, $2400 a mo is more than my rent, utilities, car payment, cell phone and what I spend on Thai hookers every month!!
Don't Thai hookers all have penises or something?
..so?
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
HeimdalX
+37|6650
Gore is a hypocrite, I saw him when his tour was at my university and he had a tour bus and his security was running in their own cars too. Further irony was the fact that 90% of the people that attended drove by themselves in their own cars to a presentation about global warming. Also all of the state politicians that attended as well.

Yeah, about 7000 people there too. I have no doubt that about 20 of them even recycle. Locally they bitch about not having curbside recycling while theres quite a few recycle drop offs, 1 within a mile of the campus. This shit is just trendy and no one really cares. I've recycled for years and almost all of the people I see at the recycling place(I've worked in one as well) are mostly soccer moms, I'm sure its different in other states but not from what I've seen in Oklahoma.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6809|Nårvei

Hypocrite yes but still he does and have done more to try to reduce global warming than the sitting President that has the power to do the nessesary changes !

But it makes Al Gore looks stupid, no doubt !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
B1GBUD
+17|6595|Under an Artillery Shell
now that was a surprise.... honestly
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6731|St. Andrews / Oslo

Varegg wrote:

Hypocrite yes but still he does and have done more to try to reduce global warming than the sitting President that has the power to do the nessesary changes !

I have a very strong feeling that Al Gore does it because it is what is 'hot' right now. It's hard to get attention nowadays without talking about Global Warming and Climate Change.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

Is this what D&ST has evolved into?

"Say it ain't so Joe!"

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2007-04-19 03:47:13)

theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6750
It is sad but true that a lot of people who talk about global warming, and how we can stop it, dont actually do anything themselves in order to stop it. Most of them all still drive around in their big cars and travel the world in Planes. But in another way, this is the only way for them to effectively get their point of the story across to the people of the world.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6809|Nårvei

Jenspm wrote:

Varegg wrote:

I have a very strong feeling that Al Gore does it because it is what is 'hot' right now. It's hard to get attention nowadays without talking about Global Warming and Climate Change.
Read up a little Jens, he`s been deep into the global warming debate since the early 80`s !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

theDude5B wrote:

It is sad but true that lot of people most politicians who talk about global warming anything, dont actually do anything themselves in order to stop it except fundraise. Most of them all still drive around in their big cars and travel the world in Planes don't give a shit. But this is the only way for them to effectively get their point of the story across to elected by the 'people of the world.' (HAHA)
FIXED
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6289|Éire
I'm not going to all of a sudden hail George 'Dubya' as the crown Prince of environmental friendliness but I will commend him on his choice of living environment. Al Gore's central argument hinges on the power we all exercise ourselves to make a difference in our everyday lives and it would seem from this he is not practicing what he preaches.

All George needs to do now is apply the same thinking he put into his home in Texas to the rest of the United States.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Braddock wrote:

All George needs to do now is apply the same thinking he put into his home in Texas to the rest of the United States.
Or people could just follow his home's example, where they can afford it, free country and all.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-04-19 04:09:45)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6661|USA

Jenspm wrote:

HOUSE # 2: Designed by an architecture professor at a leading national university, this house incorporates every "green" feature current home construction can provide. The house contains 4,000  square feet (4
bedrooms) and is nestled on arid high prairie in the American southwest. A central closet in the house holds geothermal heat pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground. The water (usually 67 degrees F.) heats the house in winter and cools it in summer. The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas and it consumes 25% of the electricity required for a conventional heating/cooling system.
Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern. Wastewater from showers, sinks and toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern. The collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house. Flowers and shrubs native to the area blend the property into the surrounding rural landscape.
Jeez I wish I had the money to do that with my house. Save a boatload.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6289|Éire

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Or people could just follow his home's example, where they can afford it, free country and all.
That would be good too. It's nice when the people in power take a proactive approach to things though.
buttersIRL
+17|6597
for some reason I can't really see Bush sitting down with the architech and saying "yes natural gas is ok but have you thought about a central closet in the house that holds geothermal heat pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground ?"

lol
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6289|Éire

ButtersIRL wrote:

for some reason I can't really see Bush sitting down with the architech and saying "yes natural gas is ok but have you thought about a central closet in the house that holds geothermal heat pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground ?"

lol
Bush is very dedicated to dealing with global warming...

Last edited by Braddock (2007-04-19 04:29:41)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6684|United States of America
If you want to take the Bush stance on fighting global warming or whatnot, do as he does, not as he says.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS

DesertFox423 wrote:

If you want to take the Bush stance on fighting global warming or whatnot, do as he does, not as he says.
Good idea, but remember that one world > one country > one house. Bush hasn't done too much about the country or the world ATM.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
too_money2007
+145|6307|Keller, Tx
Al Gore's true motivation.. to kill them all.
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/Viernes_808/manbearpig.jpg
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6680|Dayton, Ohio

theDude5B wrote:

It is sad but true that a lot of people who talk about global warming, and how we can stop it, dont actually do anything themselves in order to stop it. Most of them all still drive around in their big cars and travel the world in Planes. But in another way, this is the only way for them to effectively get their point of the story across to the people of the world.
Not True.  The best way to get the message out is through the media and internet.  neither require him to drive or fly anywhere.  He should be giving all his presentations via video telecon as to use fewer resources.  He should have paid to update his home to be green friendly instead of buying worthless credits.  If you want to send a message to anyone, do it by example.  He should be doing nightly web casts with Q&A sessions or finding ways that are environmentally sound to spread his message.  It is his message and actions speak loader than words.  He is a politician after all, why should we believe what he has to say.
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6550|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
This is nearly as hypocritical as the Live Earth concert they're doing.  Flying artists from all over the World to Britain for one set (not even a full concert; maybe 2 or 3 songs) to highlight global warming.

I know it's the Daily Mail but

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a … ge_id=1773

Last edited by =OBS= EstebanRey (2007-04-19 07:13:54)

san4
The Mas
+311|6687|NYC, a place to live

Varegg wrote:

naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6560|Southampton, UK

How did i know this was going to escalate Jens...
Gore > Bush

Jenspm is Bush's bitch guys.... stay away from him.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard