Nicodemus.....J3
+3|6689
Moongamers has moved the Mostly Warlord Server to a better box and new IP.

** 64.34.181.169 **

We are at 64 players now instead of 44. It is a "Mostly" Warlord server but we also run Ghost Town, Iron Gator, Surge, and Mass D. We tried for the past three months to run a few night maps in the rotation but it really seemed to kill the server. We're still looking to do a "Night Maps" night on the weekends probably.

In case you haven't played there before the basic rule set is no language(f-bombs, racism, etc.), tk'ing, whoring, or stacking. Whoring is defined as a 1 round limit on armor and commander, so that everyone can share the toys. So if you're in it for 1 round, you have to wait 1 round to use it again. It allows good players to still use their favorite armor/chopper but not at the expense of the other 31 people on the team. Also FF is ON, so there will be no claymore whoring in the Palace.

The IP change has dropped the population a bit because the favorites menu is now old. We were full this weekend though so hopefully things are returning to normal. We are not a clan and there are no special privileges for our Admins or Regs. Plus there are 12 other gaming servers in our community so there is something for everyone.

Stop by the next time you're in SF.

Nicodemus
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6353|Cali
No.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6632|Camp XRay

i still don't understand why people say night maps empty out a server. everytime i find a server that is running a nightmap its completely full
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
David.P
Banned
+649|6282

Marlboroman82 wrote:

i still don't understand why people say night maps empty out a server. everytime i find a server that is running a nightmap its completely full
Thats because only the real "Hard" Players play on night maps and there are not many out there that have good pings and such. Personally i dont like most night maps because of all the constant night vision switching, But hey I love the Darkness it's perfect for me to snipe in and It makes me feel secure. (The Darkness is my ally and your enemy) Also i love to sneak around a bit drop behind a squad of noobs who dont know how to use nightvision and take em all out with a knife. As assault it sucks for me.
Nicodemus.....J3
+3|6689
I've always loved the night maps myself.  It's part of the reason why I bought SF in the first place.  However, people have a very love/hate relationship with them.  They either love them and look for servers playing them, or hate them and disconnect as soon as it loads.  My computer and ping have always been good enough to enjoy the maps so I'm a fan.

Plus you can't beat the forklift whoring.
AdamBenson
Wannabe Heli Whore
+19|6543
Like this server, good news.
Sanjaya
Banned
+40|6235
Will Firestorm still kick/ban you if you're beating him?

Oh he can't leave Karkand though that's right.

Last edited by Sanjaya (2007-04-18 21:25:45)

aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6358|Iowa...

Nicodemus.....J3 wrote:

Moongamers has moved the Mostly Warlord Server to a better box and new IP.

** 64.34.181.169 **

We are at 64 players now instead of 44. It is a "Mostly" Warlord server but we also run Ghost Town, Iron Gator, Surge, and Mass D. We tried for the past three months to run a few night maps in the rotation but it really seemed to kill the server. We're still looking to do a "Night Maps" night on the weekends probably.

In case you haven't played there before the basic rule set is no language(f-bombs, racism, etc.), tk'ing, whoring, or stacking. Whoring is defined as a 1 round limit on armor and commander, so that everyone can share the toys. So if you're in it for 1 round, you have to wait 1 round to use it again. It allows good players to still use their favorite armor/chopper but not at the expense of the other 31 people on the team. Also FF is ON, so there will be no claymore whoring in the Palace.

The IP change has dropped the population a bit because the favorites menu is now old. We were full this weekend though so hopefully things are returning to normal. We are not a clan and there are no special privileges for our Admins or Regs. Plus there are 12 other gaming servers in our community so there is something for everyone.

Stop by the next time you're in SF.

Nicodemus
sounds good to me,i've been looking for a good SF server.the only ones i can find for the maps i like are 24/7,so it'll be a nice change from the repetitiveness.i'll be sure to check it out.
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6696|"The Empire"
I played on the old server a lot and wondered where it had gone, its usualy nearly full all the time and a very good server, and base rape WAS ok so hope thats still the same!!
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6291|Pennsyltucky

I've played on Moongamers servers before.  Always had a good time, never a problem.

Last time even had a female Commander or Squad Leader, forget which, but nice hearing a female on VoIP.

I'll come by soon.  Good luck on the new Server.
Nicodemus.....J3
+3|6689

T.Pike wrote:

I've played on Moongamers servers before.  Always had a good time, never a problem.

Last time even had a female Commander or Squad Leader, forget which, but nice hearing a female on VoIP.

I'll come by soon.  Good luck on the new Server.
That would be Budgirl, she's fun to play with and a great admin for the server.  She trys to work with the player and doesn't just boot them off the server for no reason.  ThorneBitch also plays either SF or Oman, so you may have seen her.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6358|Iowa...
just tried it out,and i have to say it's my new favorite SF server.it can't seem to get over about 35 people though,i just wish it was a bit more populated,maybe around 40-50 players.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6777|Human Meat Shield
Watch what you say about Moongamers... they got friends in high places here, I once complained about Firestorm only to be warned with the banstick. 

Ima try something this weekend....An IrON GATOR 64 server.. or Mass Destruction.. Night Maps only lasted a week and died.. all you people that said NM is awesome thanks, but it didnt get the love.. wait for another round I guess when we bring it back.
Nicodemus.....J3
+3|6689

imdead wrote:

Watch what you say about Moongamers... they got friends in high places here, I once complained about Firestorm only to be warned with the banstick.
You'll find that I've got pretty thick skin and try to not rule SF with an iron fist.  If our players have constructive feedback I'm always willing to listen.  I won't put up with a bunch of arguing in the in-game chat, but if they come into our forums we'll give you the time to hash it out.  There are always incidents when the admin and the player will see things differently, but I would hope we at least give the benefit of the doubt.
Lin
+3|6602

Sanjaya wrote:

Will Firestorm still kick/ban you if you're beating him?

Oh he can't leave Karkand though that's right.
Wow you're so 2005 lol !

He moved on to PoE2, then back to 2142, now he's playing another game. It's safe to come back out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard