|aM|skorpion
+0|6739
Anyone know the requirements for Veteran Grapple, Zip, Tactical wep badges yet?
Nico-DeathDealer
+1|6766
Look in the UBAR
|aM|skorpion
+0|6739
oh ok it was updated from last time i looked my bad thnx

Last edited by |aM|skorpion (2005-12-08 19:04:16)

oberst_enzian
+234|6739|melb.au
Zip Line Usage
Veteran
Notes: Deploy 3000 Zip Lines

Expert
Notes: Deploy  6500 Zip lines

Grapple Hook Usage
Veteran 
Notes: Grapple 3000 buildings
Expert
Notes: Grapple 6500 buildings

Flashbang Usage
Veteran
Notes: Throw 1000 Flashbangs
Expert
Notes: Throw 3000 Flashbangs

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2005-12-08 19:05:03)

oberst_enzian
+234|6739|melb.au
...before anyone one says anything, when i began responding only the first post was there, alright?
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6754|06-01
the badges for these are stupid.

i like to get badges (obviously, check my sig) but i will not go out of my way to get them, even the basic ones unless i really use them during my gameplay. i will not just waste 10 or 15 minutes just zipping down buildings, grappling up towers or throwing flashbags aimlessly.....
YitEarp
+1|6721
ive spent a crapload of time gassing people with support kit(god i love gassing the boat entrance on iron gater ), i figure ive gotta be close to 1000 prolly but cant check since its not in the feed or in bfhg anywhere
TroyN
+0|6721

YitEarp wrote:

ive spent a crapload of time gassing people with support kit(god i love gassing the boat entrance on iron gater ), i figure ive gotta be close to 1000 prolly but cant check since its not in the feed or in bfhg anywhere
I think you'll be sorely disappointed when you just keep gassing and get nothing. By my figures I've used tear gas atleast 2300 times now, and about 300 flashbangs. No vet tactical. Haven't been able to find anyone who has vet tactical/grappling/zipline either.. I'm thinking the global uses may not be counting yet. Since so many of the other medals/ribbons are commented out.
[AWE]Chump
+0|6775
Have you looked?
YitEarp
+1|6721
yeah i was thinking they may not be getting tallied up for global uses also, especially since the info isnt even in the feed.  with all the crap stats that are in it, youd think if they kept track theyd put it in.
[AWE]Chump
+0|6775
That's true, but on this site it shows kills and deaths with, not use.  That is the stat we need to see!  And that's for the Zipline, Grappling hook and Teargas/Flashbangs!
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6824|Australia
i got my basic tatical from gas.
BigSwoll
+0|6710|Gahanna, Ohio

kontrolcrimson wrote:

i got my basic tatical from gas.
So did I.  I was gassing cap points on Ghost Town.
reubenhelms1
+0|6729|Brisbane, Australia
I've got a feeling that for zip line, at least, its the number of minutes in use, rather than actual deploys.

I know i've deploy more that 10 zip lines for the basic, but havent received the badge for it yet.  Yet on my stats it shows a usage time of 00:04:15.  I'm guess that when that clocks over to 00:10:00 there will be a basic zip lin usage heading my way.

I'm guessing tactical support is a combo of tear gas and flashbang usage (not minutes), and grapple would also be measured in units, since i've definitely deployed more than ten.. however, i dont have any time racked up for grapple, so I cant say for sure.  Maybe EA needs to be a little more forth coming on information like that to the subscribers of the stats feed, so that progress can be reported correctly.
TroyN
+0|6721

reubenhelms1 wrote:

I've got a feeling that for zip line, at least, its the number of minutes in use, rather than actual deploys.

I know i've deploy more that 10 zip lines for the basic, but havent received the badge for it yet.  Yet on my stats it shows a usage time of 00:04:15.  I'm guess that when that clocks over to 00:10:00 there will be a basic zip lin usage heading my way.

I'm guessing tactical support is a combo of tear gas and flashbang usage (not minutes), and grapple would also be measured in units, since i've definitely deployed more than ten.. however, i dont have any time racked up for grapple, so I cant say for sure.  Maybe EA needs to be a little more forth coming on information like that to the subscribers of the stats feed, so that progress can be reported correctly.
I can personally debunk this. I got zip line right away. I had never even used it before and my first 10 within 3 minutes got the badge. For grapple.. it seems to have to be a complete climb to count. It's not 10 minutes of use though. I also got it quicker than 10 minutes. If anybody wants to check though, make a new account and just hold the grapple/crossbow in your hand idle for 10 minutes. Only surefire way to test it but i'm 99% sure it's just buggy. Since i've seen no one with any of the 3 vets I just think it's broken for the moment. 1000 isn't a very high number for tear gas/flashbangs. Can get like 100+ gasses in a round if you really want to grind it.. can just fire 2 off in some random direction, throw an ammo bag, wash rinse and repeat. I'd think someone would have it by now.

EDIT: Actually looking at my stats, I'm 100% certain it's not 10 minutes of use. Check my zipline time yet I have the badge.

"Zipline      00:07:57      0      2      0.00      0.00%      –"

Last edited by TroyN (2005-12-10 18:43:51)

reubenhelms1
+0|6729|Brisbane, Australia
Cheers, TroyN.

I guess I'm not using the zip line correctly, or something.  I just zip down it, and then grab it.. do my funky stuff (like try in vain to knife some sniper or spec-ops lying in the grass or on top of building), and then zip to the next place.

I wonder if its a IAR stat?
PinkSugarHeartAttack
Sailor Mini Moon
+0|6724
I believe you have to deploy 10 in around for basic. I got grapple quickly just playing with it, Zipline I got when I was trying to get it into a good angle. I shot about 12 of them before I slid down it. I didn't get the badge until I slid down the line on the last deploy.
otorhinorrhea
+0|6707
okay, I have the vet zip, all it takes is 3500 deployments (you don't have to use it).....I lost hours off my life to confirm this stupid badge. now for the tactical I have no idea what it requires, I have thrown over 1150 teargas nade (documented it for the purpose of validation) and no vet badge.....does anyone have the vet tactical or grapple to confirm how they are obtained?
TroyN
+0|6721

otorhinorrhea wrote:

okay, I have the vet zip, all it takes is 3500 deployments (you don't have to use it).....I lost hours off my life to confirm this stupid badge. now for the tactical I have no idea what it requires, I have thrown over 1150 teargas nade (documented it for the purpose of validation) and no vet badge.....does anyone have the vet tactical or grapple to confirm how they are obtained?
Congrats on vet zip, great news that vet+ of the 3 new badges ARE possible. Makes me feel like i'm not wasting time atleast. I have a theory on the tactical. Maybe for gas, they thought ahead of people using the gas alot for it and made it so only the first 3 shots count torwards global? That would explain it.. only thing I can think of that would explain it anyway. Or prehaps the gas/flashbangs have to actually hit someone.. currently I'm playing assault and tossing all 4 flashbangs on each fresh spawn. Around 900 now so will see soon.. In total I *should* have enough flash/gas uses to have expert by now.
lordbulletproof
+0|6713
Maybe vet tactical is 500 flashbangs and 500 gas???  just a thought
nitro92
I cheat.
+-6|6797|Sydney, Australia
i got all the basic badges in sf  =i just went commander and used a supply and artillery got it in easily but i mean theres prob  1 guy out there just throwing flashbangs and grapples 24.7 for sum awards lol
masterHouse
Official Heckler & Koch ambassador
+8|6713|Veenendaal, The Netherlands

YitEarp wrote:

Man you are a stats padder, expert zip line usage, man you used the sniper of spec ops a long time or not?
YitEarp
+1|6721
i actually used both depending on the situation, but yeah i got the veteran zip legit, but i watched about 2.5 hours of tv afterwards during which i zip lined a wall for expert cuz the stuff was good but not that brain heavy hehe(cheesy action flicks).  im still unsure about whether grappling or flashbang badges are even possible to get veteran level of atm, havent seen anyone get em, nor gotten them myself(havent flashbanged much but gassed ppl a lot on mass destruction or iron gator, and grappling hooks i have no idea since feed reports it as 0:00:00, which makes me suspicious its not being tracked globally).
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6784|England
Just got my veteran zip line (stats haven’t updated on here yet), took me 2 hours to do 3500 uses, although I cant confirm I got it at 3500 as it was not awarded in game.
[g0t]JediPimp
Banned
+0|6745
Knowing EA I am sure they will fuck up the requirements for these badges when the next update comes out.

Probably end up being some shit like must flashbang 10 enemies at a time only on a night map
Teargas/Flash 5 enemies at least 25 yards away while defending a flag, or while riding in Blackhawk
10 kills on grapple IAR
10 kills using zipline IAR

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard