CommieChipmunk
+488|6572|Portland, OR, USA

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

davidonbf2 wrote:

Cell Phones Destroying Bee Colonies; No Bees = No Pollination
Posted by Pile on 2007-04-14 23:33:04 (458 views)
Yeah ok.
Global warming too right?

Cars run on gas, therefore we wont give up driving just cause its bad for nature.
Most people run on cell phones, therefore we wont give up cell's just cause its bad for nature.

why do scientists bother to say stuff like that cause they know it wont change
You gotta try... If this stuff seriously means the end of the world, it takes repeated blows from a fucking big hammer to crack the thick skull of ignorance most of the population has grown.

/really bad metaphor

EDIT:

But I wouldn't mind giving up my cell phone... If it meant that I could eat.....

Last edited by CommieChipmunk (2007-04-18 21:10:04)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6667|NT, like Mick Dundee

Should be investigated further, and fast.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6674|Colorado
Interesting, I say we just clone more
.robzored.
Roflcopter Pilot
+74|6278|Illinois
It's a good thing i carry my cellphone in a sealed lead case so that no radiation can escape.
Smitty5613
+46|6528|Middle of nowhere, California

Skorpy-chan wrote:

What the hell? No it doesen't. If it DID, my grandfather would not keep his mobile on him while dealing with his bees.
This is just a pussy excuse for the veroa mite infections in America.
Thats what my dad's bees had, the Veroa Mite....
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6647

Bubbalo wrote:

ATG wrote:

This could be the end of us all. No pollination means no food.
Uh................no.  Many crops are planted by farmers.
yeah we could harvest new bees if these die cant we
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6783

i would love to live in a world free of cellphones
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6647

Harmor wrote:

Al Gore has proposed a Cell-phone nuetral tax.  Money collected from the tax will be used to invest in Robotic Bees technology.
yeah thats what I thought we can get some robotic bees

https://www.esa.int/images/robotic_bee_HR_L.jpg

similar to this

jonnykill wrote:

This is the worst threat to man kind ever. It COULD possibly be the beginning of the end.
It might be too late already, no time to stop it from happening. Albert Einstein said something like " when all the bees die man dies 4 years later ". Well at least we have time to make preperations but who knows, we might be fucked.
His full quote

“If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe then man would only have four years of life left. No more bees, no more pollination, no more plants, no more animals, no more man.”

Last edited by blademaster (2007-04-18 22:41:41)

Smitty5613
+46|6528|Middle of nowhere, California

blademaster wrote:

Harmor wrote:

Al Gore has proposed a Cell-phone nuetral tax.  Money collected from the tax will be used to invest in Robotic Bees technology.
yeah thats what I thought we can get some robotic bees

http://www.esa.int/images/robotic_bee_HR_L.jpg

similar to this
why cant they make robotic chicks, like the fembots in Austin Powers?? now that would be an awsome invention!!
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6647
I heard a scientist studying Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) state that his studies show that bees are going blind. Strong UV due to Ozone depletion is burning out key areas of their eyes having to do with locating flowers, finding the pollen centers of flowers, and the bee’s navigation sensors. As a result, they burn up more energy trying to perform basic tasks, spend more time in search of their colony, collect less pollen because of their inability to locate it, and literally starve. Or they become so weak they succumb to disease.

Last edited by blademaster (2007-04-18 22:52:29)

Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6573|USA

LT.Victim wrote:

Just imagine if cell phones are actually the cause..

You think the companys will do anything? Can they even do anything?

It would take billions of dollars to replace the current networks that we have in place.

And I mean, whats the alternative, because we all know people aren't gonna give up their cell phones...
i'd smash it myself to stay alive.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6647
Some said because we transfered Australian bees to America bees are dying because of that.
PekkaA
+36|6666|Finland
That thing with bees actually has really big effect on USAs economy. It was estimated that this year american farmers will lose over 40 billion dollars because of disappering bees.
Cell phones being the reason was just one theory among others. However, cell phones and military networks operate on same frequencies that bees use.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6647
yeah wonder if this is going to become a WORLD WIDE PROBLEM where all of the nations decide to work together and bring bees back.
Phrozenbot
+632|6617|do not disturb

Another reason to get annoyed at people who use their cellphones 24/7. You're killing all those cute little bees!
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6647
Considering that Einstein said that man kind will end whithin four year after all of the bees die, I also found a correlation  to this, which stated that Mayans said that the world would end in 2012? Could it be that all of the bees die bye 2008? humans will have only 4 more years to live?

This does not match with what Nostradamus predicted, Nostradamus said the world would end in 3000 something, but he said around this time a great nuclear world war would occur.

Last edited by blademaster (2007-04-18 23:33:04)

Phrozenbot
+632|6617|do not disturb

I think that time in the Mayan calendar is supposed to bring something terrible, but the end of the world is at a later date. Interesting though.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6563|Southampton, UK

Bees > Me
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6681
It's funny how this thread , the end of the world , takes a back seat to 10 other threads in the past few days.
Priorities people, priorities!
davidonbf2
Banned
+19|6224
its just a therory I dont take it personaly
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6647
yeah but is anyone worried and concerned that the bees are dying?
JimmyBotswana
+82|6587|Montreal

CommieChipmunk wrote:

But I wouldn't mind giving up my cell phone... If it meant that I could eat.....
Yeah exactly all these people saying that no one will give up their cell phones. THEY WILL IF IT MEANS THEY CAN EAT!
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

I'll give up my cell phone. Never use it. Hate them with a passion.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6646
i gotta call bullshit.  a beehive just found its home inside the wall 2 feet away from where im typing this.  i use my phone at this spot all the time and these bees seem to be multiplying.  any tips on getting rid of bees?
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6655

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

i gotta call bullshit.  a beehive just found its home inside the wall 2 feet away from where im typing this.  i use my phone at this spot all the time and these bees seem to be multiplying.  any tips on getting rid of bees?
sure they are honey bees?... sounds like wasps to me...

Last edited by UON (2007-04-19 14:06:27)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard