theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6400|6 feet under

yuckfou09 wrote:

ATG wrote:

RECONDO67 wrote:

I respect the SEALS but lat time they acted as a large group it was in the Panama invasion in 1989 and they got their ass whoop really bad by a couple of airport security forces  my opinion keep it in small groups but keep more team in the field. 

Large groups loose their stealth
Because the chain of command failed and left their asses unsupported at the airport.
A bad ass whoops doesn't involve 30 to 1 odds like they faced.
Show some respect.
seals are trained not to be supported. They are taught (from the beginning) that no support will be allocated to them.

/RESPECT
i agree to the fact that they are trained to be unsupported, but there was bad intell re: the number of people at the airport and how they were armed.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command

yuckfou09 wrote:

ATG wrote:

RECONDO67 wrote:

I respect the SEALS but lat time they acted as a large group it was in the Panama invasion in 1989 and they got their ass whoop really bad by a couple of airport security forces  my opinion keep it in small groups but keep more team in the field. 

Large groups loose their stealth
Because the chain of command failed and left their asses unsupported at the airport.
Show some respect.
seals are trained not to be supported. They are taught (from the beginning) that no support will be allocated to them.

/RESPECT
That particular incident is detailed in Richard Marcinkos' book. His website: http://www.dickmarcinko.com/Bio.aspx

He lays the fault on the commanders for their asses being left hanging in the wind at the airport.
He is the founder of Rainbow Six.
Legend.
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6691|Fort Lewis WA

ATG wrote:

I just wish the over-stretched military would stop putting them on the line as infantry.

as per www.sofmag.com
SEALs are not being used like grunts.  The SF types are being used like they always have been. HVT's and TSTs. Occassionally when we cannot get an EOD unit we get 2 SEALs to help us Identify, and destroy Chemicals we find
If it was up to Joe alone we would just blow them up with a few bricks of c4 and call it a night, not realising we just set off a massive chlorine bomb.  Haha, But seriously I have yet to see them do grunt work. 
Normally we do the day shift TST, and HVTs, and they do the night shift cause they like being sneaky. 
But I truly must say if they insist on being sneaky maybe they shouldn't lob flashbangs at Iraqi Police trucks as they drive by them at night time.
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6691|Fort Lewis WA

ATG wrote:

yuckfou09 wrote:

ATG wrote:

Show some respect.

/RESPECT
That particular incident is detailed in Richard Marcinkos' book. His website: http://www.dickmarcinko.com/Bio.aspx

He lays the fault on the commanders for their asses being left hanging in the wind at the airport.
Legend.
Umm Rainbow Six was founded by Clark, a fictional charactor created by Tom Clancy in the early days of the Jack Ryan Series (Hunt for Red October,Patriot Games Etc)
Demo Dick Mercinko founded Seal Team 6. And only one of his books is based on fact.  Rogue Warrior 2 and up are all fiction.
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6691|Fort Lewis WA

theit57 wrote:

yuckfou09 wrote:

ATG wrote:

Show some respect.

/RESPECT
i agree to the fact that they are trained to be unsupported, but there was bad intell re: the number of people at the airport and how they were armed.
If you want to be in the military get used to bad intel. Satellites can only see a piece of the picture even then its a judgment call on what they are doing, HUMINT can be accurate, but also most of it is either an exageration, or there is something omitted.  Intel is not accurate.  How many times we have raided targets based on hard evidence? Anyone remember Berg? My battalion did raids for 2 weeks straight all around Mosul cause Humint told us where he was. Sometimes we raided 4 or 5 target houses chasing the "they took him from here 30 minutes ago" We never found him, and you all know what happened.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6648

rdx-fx wrote:

To the OP;

If you want to be a SEAL, get used to being cold.  Learn how to 'turn off' your sense of cold.  By that, I mean 'learn how to not emotionally react to cold but instead objectively look at it as a sensation'. 

I've never been a SEAL myself, but from talking to a few of them, one of the first major 'fail points' for the BUD/S recruits is the constant cold water exposure.  I have been US Army in arctic environments - I've been in situations where I was so cold, for so long, that I quite literally could not remember what it felt like to be warm.
The cold... ha. That has to be the easiest part. The jogging and sleep deprivation is what would bother me.
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6390|USA, MICHIGAN

ATG wrote:

hate&discontent wrote:

and yes, Soldier of Fortune is full of shit that some people are better off not knowing
Ya, your obvious a brain dead moron who never cracked the cover.

Its military news. They are pro law enforcement, pro gun rights. That is all.

Go back to your CNN.

Varegg wrote:

ATG wrote:

It's where I get most of my info about the war.
Nowhere else will you get the real  dirt from the bullet stoppers.
Holy crackpot !

You use soldier of fortune as your prime source of information about the war in Iraq ?
Yes, I do.
I like my news slanted in favor of the men doing the dying.

Ever read an issue?
i was serious, i read SOF, so piss off you judgemental moron.

Last edited by hate&discontent (2007-04-18 09:04:47)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Is 'Hell Week' (think thats what its called) part of BUD/S training? the one where you only get four hours sleep.
On a side note a wouldn't mind being a paratrooper or a Ranger
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6519|USA

CannonFodder11b wrote:

ATG wrote:

yuckfou09 wrote:

/RESPECT

Legend.
Umm Rainbow Six was founded by Clark, a fictional charactor created by Tom Clancy in the early days of the Jack Ryan Series (Hunt for Red October,Patriot Games Etc)
Demo Dick Mercinko founded Seal Team 6. And only one of his books is based on fact.  Rogue Warrior 2 and up are all fiction.
yes, they are 'fiction', but i feel they closely resemble the events that took place.  this is very debatable, and Seals/former Seals at the Seals history museum would suggest that some of the events were exaggerated and some were fairly accurate.  <- i'm sure Marcinko (legend - agreed) labeled it fiction for a reason. 

i have read most of Marcinko's novels, and i must say that they are very good; not so much in accurately depicting historical events, but they do an excellent job demonstrating the Seal mindset (dedication, priorities, determination, etc).

as for the topic: i feel that Seals are trained to adapt to any environment/situation they are faced with.  if they are facing a situation where they might need more men to be effective -> more men.

on a side note:  allegedly, Seals are the only US military unit to have never left a man behind.  i think that speaks loudly of their character.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6400|6 feet under

M.O.A.B wrote:

Is 'Hell Week' (think thats what its called) part of BUD/S training? the one where you only get four hours sleep.
yes, you only get about 4 hrs. of sleep while getting about 160 hrs. of excerise

CoronadoSeal wrote:

on a side note:  allegedly, Seals are the only US military unit to have never left a man behind.  i think that speaks loudly of their character.
I totally agree with you. that does say alot about their character

usmarine2005 wrote:

Sounds like war.
from what i've read, yes it does

Last edited by theit57 (2007-04-18 19:01:56)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

theit57 wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

yes, you only get about 4 hrs. of sleep while getting about 160 hrs. of excerise
Sounds like war.
RECONDO67
+60|6637|miami FL
Do u guys know that there is a better team than the Seal's out there and they are the Marine Recon
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6492|Menlo Park, CA
Bottom line. . . . .

Navy SEALs adjust their tactics to meet the modern battlefield. . . The truth is, civilians will never know what their unit structure is or where they deploy (or the numbers in which they deploy). . . all of that information is classified.  There are guys who are former Seals who can give the public an "idea" of what goes on, but they generally adhere to silence. 

SEALs are the kinda guys YOU DON'T want coming after you. . . .PERIOD!

Frankly, I dont want to know, or know that information is public. . . .I want our enemies to have to guess whats comin' to em'!

Americans should just make sure they have the best funds, best instructors, best equipment possible to get the job done!

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-04-19 20:27:08)

CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6519|USA

RECONDO67 wrote:

Do u guys know that there is a better team than the Seal's out there and they are the Marine Recon
a jodie, if you will:

i don't wanna be no Green Beret; they only PT once a day.
i don't wanna be no Airborne Ranger; i wanna live a life of danger.
i don't wanna be no fag Recon; I wanna stay 'till the job is done.
i wanna be a Seal team member; i wanna swim the deep blue sea.
i wanna live a life of danger; pick up your swim fins and run with me...
RECONDO67
+60|6637|miami FL
All the special forces have been diluted but u never hear about the marine recon and those are the best please trust me on this one its a marine turned in to a  lethal killing machine.

navy boys are not grunts they have to be turned into grunts.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6367|California
I wanna be in air force and just fly and maybe get owned by a missle.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6400|6 feet under

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

RECONDO67 wrote:

a jodie, if you will:

i don't wanna be no Green Beret; they only PT once a day.
i don't wanna be no Airborne Ranger; i wanna live a life of danger.
i don't wanna be no fag Recon; I wanna stay 'till the job is done.
i wanna be a Seal team member; i wanna swim the deep blue sea.
i wanna live a life of danger; pick up your swim fins and run with me...
oorah I got that song
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6400|6 feet under

RECONDO67 wrote:

All the special forces have been diluted but u never hear about the marine recon and those are the best please trust me on this one its a marine turned in to a  lethal killing machine.

USMC is part of the USN. There fore you are technically a Navy boy. USMC is just the Ground unit of the Navy. And Marines are trained to be lethat killing machines from the start
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6694|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

RECONDO67 wrote:

The only reason you never hear about Force Recon is because they aren't part of USSOCOM like the SEALs or most of the other Special Operations groups of the US military.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6400|6 feet under

rdx-fx wrote:

Army SF, "Mine's thiiiissss big, and tattooed in desert camo!"
SEAL, "OH YEAH?! Mine's thiiiissss big, and doesn't shrink in cold water!"
Marine, "OH YEAH?! Mine's thiiiissss big, and immune to any form of VD, from any whore on the planet!"
Marine Recon, "OH YEAH?! Mine's thiiiissss big, just as tough as the Marine's, AND can go for a week straight!"
Sniper, "OH YEAH?! Mine's thiiiissss big, and can knock up a woman with one shot from 1000m!"
M.I., "OH YEAH?! Mine's only this big, but none of you F***ers would be getting any if I didn't find 'em for you first!"
Medic, "OH YEAH?! Mine's thiiiissss big, and all of yours would've fallen off if I weren't there to patch them up!"

..meanwhile, Jodie isn't anywhere to be found.  He's 10,000 miles to the rear, busy sticking his into every one of our Girlfriends..

(But.. it's all good.  Jodie's little bitty is reminding her what she's missing)
lol
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6400|6 feet under
Just thought that this was interesting:

SEAL Teams Totals
Operations in RVN
1966-1972

Enemy SPecial Warfare
KIA
1,594(Confirmed)
638(Probable)
Captured Personnel
Captured Weapons
485+
Captured Documents
277.5+ kilograms  KIA

45 SEALs
All SEALs Casualities Listing
from all Causes in Vietnam 

Body Count Ratio:
One SEAL to Two Hundred Enemy

Award and Medals
2 Presidential Unit
Citations  2 Medal of Honor 
8 Navy Cross  2 Legion of Merit 
42 Silver Stars  402 Bronze Stars
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon
you shouldn't have revived this thread.  any minute the British twits will arrive to aspouse the superiority of the SAS.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6400|6 feet under

rdx-fx wrote:

Impressive body count ratio.

More impressive is their Missions Attempted versus Missions Accomplished ratio
why what is it?
BVC
+325|6697
I always wanted to be a fighter pilot as a kid, then our government got rid of our fighters.

This is the most info I've ever seen in one place about our SAS.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356
seams like they will have teams that are used to working together, NBD

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard