theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6369|6 feet under
As I have stated earlier, all I want in life is to become a U.S. Navy SEAL. I was watching some videos on youtube and some Army Brig. General said that the SEALs would probably start operating as a platooon (16 men, istead of the usual 4-6 men teams). what are your thoughts on this, and do you think that this is true?
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6568|Seattle

All I know is that BUDS training would suckass. I hate being cold.

Not sure whether a 16 man team would be more effective conducting missions. Depends on the mission I guess.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6369|6 feet under

King_County_Downy wrote:

All I know is that BUDS training would suckass. I hate being cold.

Not sure whether a 16 man team would be more effective conducting missions. Depends on the mission I guess.
well the more men, the harder it  is to stay quiet and invisible
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command
I just wish the over-stretched military would stop putting them on the line as infantry.

as per www.sofmag.com
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6369|6 feet under

ATG wrote:

I just wish the over-stretched military would stop putting them on the line as infantry.

as per www.sofmag.com
huh? what was up with the link?
ATG
Banned
It's where I get most of my info about the war.
Nowhere else will you get the real  dirt from the bullet stoppers.
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6332|Vancouver
An acquaintance of mine who has been serving in the Joint Task Force 2 of the Canadian Forces has told me some stories of his service. Of course, most of it is highly confidential, and little actually could be told, but one thing he remarked about, upon serving with various special forces groups around the world, was that the Navy SEAL training was the easiest. Israeli paratroopers had it the toughest. Of course, this is just the opinion of one man, so any attempts to counter this claim will not find me in an argument about it. Just his testimony.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

ATG wrote:

Holy crackpot !

You use soldier of fortune as your prime source of information about the war in Iraq ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6359|USA, MICHIGAN
#1) why is an army brig gen making comments about the navy.
#2) a t/o platoon is 52 ppl not 16.  16 is a squad + 3

if they want a bigger presence send in 2 teams
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6359|USA, MICHIGAN
and yes, Soldier of Fortune is full of shit that some people are better off not knowing
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6489|Montucky

hate&discontent wrote:

#1) why is an army brig gen making comments about the navy.
#2) a t/o platoon is 52 ppl not 16.  16 is a squad + 3

if they want a bigger presence send in 2 teams
I was going to say the same thing, but you beat me to it.
ATG
Banned

hate&discontent wrote:

and yes, Soldier of Fortune is full of shit that some people are better off not knowing
Ya, your obvious a brain dead moron who never cracked the cover.

Its military news. They are pro law enforcement, pro gun rights. That is all.

Go back to your CNN.

Varegg wrote:

ATG wrote:

Holy crackpot !

You use soldier of fortune as your prime source of information about the war in Iraq ?
Yes, I do.
I like my news slanted in favor of the men doing the dying.

Ever read an issue?

Last edited by ATG (2007-04-17 14:25:19)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

ATG wrote:

hate&discontent wrote:

Ya, your obvious a brain dead moron who never cracked the cover.

Its military news. They are pro law enforcement, pro gun rights. That is all.

Go back to your CNN.

Varegg wrote:

ATG wrote:

Holy crackpot !

Yes, I do.
I like my news slanted in favor of the men doing the dying.

Ever read an issue?
Have cracked the covers more than once, a friend of mine buys it regularly - i just hope you crosscheck the info before you use it - have read some good articles there but would be reluctant to use it as a source to base my opinions on.

A magazine is just that, a magazine - and magazines show the "opinions" of its editor, this is common knowledge if you have studied media, but so does major networks also like fox and turner so nothing wrong in that !

The most important thing is to crosscheck news with different sources before you determine what is true or just a spinnoff by a sensationalist or lazy reporter !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6369|6 feet under
Wow. we got off topic
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6369|6 feet under
Oh well, here is where I first got the information for this topic: (please watch and tell me what you think also notice the size of the grouop of people in the area)

millhous
+39|6608|OREEGONE, USA
Oh noes!!! The gun thread regulars are spilling over here!!!!!

To get back on topic,

I would think that if the SEALS were planning something like this, we'd be the last to know.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6693|Eastern PA

theit57 wrote:

That fitness manual of any use to you?
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6369|6 feet under

Masques wrote:

theit57 wrote:

That fitness manual of any use to you?
yeah, i'm using it when i can, as i am extremely busy right now.
RECONDO67
+60|6607|miami FL
I respect the SEALS but lat time they acted as a large group it was in the Panama invasion in 1989 and they got their ass whoop really bad by a couple of airport security forces  my opinion keep it in small groups but keep more team in the field. 

Large groups loose their stealth
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6369|6 feet under

millhous wrote:

I would think that if the SEALS were planning something like this, we'd be the last to know.
why didn't i think about that. but now the question before the court is: do you think that that will really happen?
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6494|the Netherlands
U.S. Navy SEALs in 16 man platoons ? must be 2 squads then

I always wanted to be something like Delta/Force recon Airborne kinda warrior never happened

Last edited by Tjasso (2007-04-17 16:22:37)

theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6369|6 feet under

Tjasso wrote:

U.S. Navy SEALs in 16 man platoons ? must be 2 squads then

I always wanted to be something like Delta/Force recon Airborne kinda warrior never happened
sorry to hear that. what happened?
ATG
Banned

RECONDO67 wrote:

I respect the SEALS but lat time they acted as a large group it was in the Panama invasion in 1989 and they got their ass whoop really bad by a couple of airport security forces  my opinion keep it in small groups but keep more team in the field. 

Because the chain of command failed and left their asses unsupported at the airport.
A bad ass whoops doesn't involve 30 to 1 odds like they faced.
Show some respect.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6369|6 feet under

ATG wrote:

RECONDO67 wrote:

Because the chain of command failed and left their asses unsupported at the airport.
Show some respect.
Amen, I'll drink to that (if I don't get massive headaches after one sip I would)
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6647|Ft. Drum, NY

ATG wrote:

RECONDO67 wrote:

Show some respect.
seals are trained not to be supported. They are taught (from the beginning) that no support will be allocated to them.

/RESPECT

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard