Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6386|Albion
"If someone tries to mug you, beat the crap out of them. If you can't, well that's your fault." unless you have a physical disability.....
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6541|USA, MICHIGAN
some of you people make me fricking laugh my ass off at how uneducated you are.  if someone is trying to mug you and they don't show a weapon, you CAN NOT use your weapon, if you do and by chance they are unarmed, guess what, you just committed murder.  there are rules to owning and carrying a gun, and the only ones that have to obey them are the legal ccw permit holders.  you can't use a weapon to protect property, unless it is a carjacking (and yet again they must have a weapon).  the only thing you can defend is yourself, family and your home (if you are in it), and again you must be in emanate danger.  if i'm on the street and someone threatens me with a baseball bat, guess what, i have to flee, there is no escalation of force allowed.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6734|SE London

hate&discontent wrote:

some of you people make me fricking laugh my ass off at how uneducated you are.  if someone is trying to mug you and they don't show a weapon, you CAN NOT use your weapon, if you do and by chance they are unarmed, guess what, you just committed murder.  there are rules to owning and carrying a gun, and the only ones that have to obey them are the legal ccw permit holders.  you can't use a weapon to protect property, unless it is a carjacking (and yet again they must have a weapon).  the only thing you can defend is yourself, family and your home (if you are in it), and again you must be in emanate danger.  if i'm on the street and someone threatens me with a baseball bat, guess what, i have to flee, there is no escalation of force allowed.
Exactly. So guns can't be of much use against criminals. If they're showing a weapon, trying to pull out a weapon and use it on them is just stupid. This is why so many people die as a result of trying to use guns for self defence.
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6386|Albion
obviously then the law should be changed so you can use guns on unarmed assaliants, although in the UK the term used is reasonable force, so whilst its illegal for me its not for an OAP. and if the weapon they are showing you is a baseball bat it doesn't seem that stupid. especially if they don't suprise you.
ssj3barua
+55|6842|Indianapolis, IN, U.S.

Bertster7 wrote:

Vernedead wrote:

or possibly I happen to like my property and find the police to be, at best, unreliable on such issues.
So you'd rather have a gun to deal with muggers? Of course they'd have guns too. I prefer nobody to have guns. Guns are for pussies.

If someone tries to mug you, beat the crap out of them. If you can't, well that's your fault. Guns just make everything much more likely to end in death and all evidence suggests it is far more likely to be the victims death than the criminals.
Unless the mugger has a baseball bat, knife or any other weapon of the likes. Then what, are you suppose to take the beating like a man

I don't understand why all you Europeans are so concerned anyway. I mean you hate the U.S. right? Let us worry about the laws in our nation, it doesn't affect you.

It just sounds like you're a little jealous.
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6386|Albion
guns aren't banned here you know?
ssj3barua

Vernedead wrote:

guns aren't banned here you know?
Right, but it's certainly not as easy to own a weapon as it is here.
Superglueman
+21|6512|The Great South Land
The people that said, ban cars cause of accidents, ban knives cause of stabs...
u are stupid...
cars are made to DRIVE...Kinves made to cut FOOD...guns made to kill or injure humans or animals...nothing more,nothing less...

Americans have been long brainwashed to see fear and violence...
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6541|USA, MICHIGAN

Bertster7 wrote:

hate&discontent wrote:

Exactly. So guns can't be of much use against criminals. If they're showing a weapon, trying to pull out a weapon and use it on them is just stupid. This is why so many people die as a result of trying to use guns for self defence.
i flee (also to create space), they follow (intent), i draw and shoot, they stop and die, problem solved.
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6703|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth

ssj3barua wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Vernedead wrote:

or possibly I happen to like my property and find the police to be, at best, unreliable on such issues.
So you'd rather have a gun to deal with muggers? Of course they'd have guns too. I prefer nobody to have guns. Guns are for pussies.

If someone tries to mug you, beat the crap out of them. If you can't, well that's your fault. Guns just make everything much more likely to end in death and all evidence suggests it is far more likely to be the victims death than the criminals.
Unless the mugger has a baseball bat, knife or any other weapon of the likes. Then what, are you suppose to take the beating like a man

I don't understand why all you Europeans are so concerned anyway. I mean you hate the U.S. right? Let us worry about the laws in our nation, it doesn't affect you.

The Jealousy thing makes me laugh because I can quite honestly state now that I do not want to own a gun, I don't like guns, I don't think they are "cool" and I find pretty much every gun lover (except for the ones with historical and educational interests) very childish when ever I've heard them speak about guns and on other issues; a gun seems like the most obvious weiner extension available to me and I don't need one because I already have a huge concelaed weapon.

Secondly, are you seriously trying to suggest that in youir ideal World everyone would carry around guns because for me to be jelous of the US I would have to have that opinion.

Last edited by =OBS= EstebanRey (2007-04-18 10:40:25)

=OBS= EstebanRey

hate&discontent wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

hate&discontent wrote:

i flee (also to create space), they follow (intent), i draw and shoot, they stop and die, problem solved.
What if they're running over to you to apologise?
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6541|USA, MICHIGAN

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

ssj3barua wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

The Jealous thing makes me laugh I can quite honestly state now that I do not want to own a gun, I don't like guns, I don't they are "cool" and I find pretty much every gun lover (except for the ones with historical and educational interests) very childish when ever I've heard them speak about guns and on other issues; a gun seems like the most obvious weiner extension available to me and I don't need one because I already a huge concelaed weapon.

Secondly are you seriously trying to suggest that in youir ideal World everyone would carry around guns because for me to be jelous of the US I would have to have that opinion.
um...........spell check??
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6541|USA, MICHIGAN
what fucking planet are you from??   grow up, accept the fact that we will obviously never see eye to eye on this subject and move on.  and by the way "IF"  someone is chasing me with a bat, after he tried to mug me, i doubt they are going to say sorry.   stop with the if games already, i play that game with my 3 year old daughter.
=OBS= EstebanRey

hate&discontent wrote:

what fucking planet are you from??   grow up, accept the fact that we will obviously never see eye to eye on this subject and move on.  and by the way "IF"  someone is chasing me with a bat, after he tried to mug me, i doubt they are going to say sorry.   stop with the if games already, i play that game with my 3 year old daughter.
She's about the same age I was when I grew out of liking guns.
ssj3barua

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

Secondly are you seriously trying to suggest that in youir ideal World everyone would carry around guns because for me to be jelous of the US I would have to have that opinion.
I'm not suggesting anything to anyone. I don't give a shit how they run things in the UK. All I'm saying is that you do what you want and I'll do what I want. I love the fact that I have the freedom to own and operate a firearm if I choose to, you on the other hand have a problem with that. If weapons were banned over here you are the kind of person that would cry about how the U.S. Government was SO oppressive. Get over the shit and mind your own damn business.
=OBS= EstebanRey

hate&discontent wrote:

um...........spell check??
Actually it was more missing words than spelling [s]but then that F7 function is pretty hard to master[/sarcasm]
SteikeTa
+153|6900|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
Sorry if this has been mentioned before. I read to page 6 and could not read any more crap from a lot of you people.
          Some of you say that you think it's a great idea that everyone should be carrying a gun. And imagine how safe you would feel if you walked down the street with it on you. Yeah, I would be very safe. Because I would be carrying a gun. AND EVERYONE ELSE AROUND ME. How safe are you when everybody is carrying a gun? Going out and seeing someone showing it to their friends and woops... it went off(just an example).
When you get robbed, you can just take out the gun you are carrying. Mmmm... it would be no problem defending your self against the robber who already has his weapon pointing at you and already being nervous and twitchy. You would most definitely have the time to take out your fantastic gun and shoot him before he can shoot you. Remember, he is just holding his gun in your face and being nervous. He probably wont shoot, if he would, you would make it before he does. Right!
         Someone said that it would help just to make it harder to being able to buy a gun legally. Mmm, just check his background. Ow, no prior history in violence. Good, then it is safe to give this man/woman a gun. What about his mental state? They do not check that now do they? Everyone says that the people who killed the students in those schools did it because they were mentally ill. So that's why they did it. EXACTLY, that's why they did it. A lot of stupid  and mentally ill people with guns is a very good idea? OK, well it is not a good idea to me. Nobody can know if a person is mentally crapped out before they see it, -> he/she goes crazy on a school or something similar. People can get guns easily anyway you say? Ah... then why not make it even more easy!! Great idea!
           Make it more easy, and the criminals who are trying to rob you knows that you might have a weapon. Will only make them more nervous. You think they will stop doing crime because it gets harder? No, some do it only to survive, some because they suddenly got in trouble and some people do it under influence of some sort. Can be many things. Use your brain.
          Some people have been trained all their life to use a gun and would of course easily take out the robber, who is holding the person you love more than anything in life with a gun/knife to her/his throat, without no problem? Right. You are taking out of experience? You do not know how you would react. Someone is holding my child(if I had one) and threatening to kill her/him, I would probably not be as cool in my head as I would want. Trying to aim a gun to his face or anything that is not covered with my child would not be as easy and would make the robber even more crazy/scared of getting caught. Would just make him do more idiotic things.  Been trained with a gun all your life, yeah, then it would be so easy....... as if you know!

Now, while you respond to my post, remember to flame and use insults if you do not agree. It is not juvenile at all and it will make me take you very serious.... not really.

Last edited by SteikeTa (2007-04-18 10:50:02)

=OBS= EstebanRey

ssj3barua wrote:

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

I'm not suggesting anything to anyone. I don't give a shit how they run things in the UK. All I'm saying is that you do what you want and I'll do what I want. I love the fact that I have the freedom to own and operate a firearm if I choose to, you on the other hand have a problem with that. If weapons were banned over here you are the kind of person that would cry about how the U.S. Government was SO oppressive. Get over the shit and mind your own damn business.
You don't know me if you think I regard gun control as "oppression".  As for your last sentence, I will reiterate what I said earlier.  You have the right to have an opinion so strong on Iraq and Afghanistan that you go over there and force change on them.  Less controversially, I'm sure as hell you will have an opinion on Iraq, on Afghanistan, on North Korea and Iran and I'm sure you have posted that on these forums; that sir, makes you a hypocrite.

Maybe the Swiss could say mind your own business but an American cannot take the moral highground here I'm afraid.

Last edited by =OBS= EstebanRey (2007-04-18 10:49:17)

hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6541|USA, MICHIGAN
another thing that is hard for you to master is worrying about your own problems, and not another country's
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6692|The Lost Highway

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

topal63 wrote:

Exactly! By looking at it from another perspective makes it OK, phew.
Oh Jesus fucking christ.
Let me spell this out for you, would you expect the wearing of a seatbelt to become optional just because the amount of people who die from not wearing one pales in comparison to the amount that die of heart attacks?
So it's ok for you to compare drug deaths to gun deaths when it helps yer argument, but it isn't ok for someone else to compare gun deaths to medical malpractice?

(If someone made this argument, please note that I wrote this before I saw there was 12 pages.... I can't read that much in one sitting, at least not this soon after waking up.)
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6541|USA, MICHIGAN
in all fairness death is death, people die everyday. it sucks but that is just the way it is.  the way i see it is: better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6734|SE London

ssj3barua wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Vernedead wrote:

I don't particularly care whether people in the US run around killing each other with guns. But school massacres like in Columbine and Virginia and not pleasant occurences. I'd prefer them not to happen.

There was a school shooting once in the UK, in Dunblane. Then much stricter guns laws were brought in and guess what? It hasn't ever happened again.

But if you value gun ownership over personal safety that's your choice, it's a stupid choice, but it's yours to make.
=OBS= EstebanRey

mKmalfunction wrote:

So it's ok for you to compare drug deaths to gun deaths when it helps yer argument, but it isn't ok for someone else to compare gun deaths to medical malpractice?

(If someone made this argument, please note that I wrote this before I saw there was 12 pages.... I can't read that much in one sitting, at least not this soon after waking up.)
I didn't say he couldn't compare it is the quality of his comparisson that is the problem.
ssj3barua

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

You don't know me if you think I regard gun control as "oppression".  As for your last sentence, I will reiterate what I said earlier.  You have the right to have an opinion so strong on Iraq and Afghanistan that you go over there and force change on them.  Less controversially, I'm sure as hell you will have an opinion on Iraq, on Afghanistan, on North Korea and Iran and I'm sure you have posted that on these forums; that sir, makes you a hypocrite.

Maybe the Swiss could say mind your own business but an American cannot take the moral highground here I'm afraid.
Look lets stick to the topic here, this isn't about Iraq, Iran, etc. There are plenty of topics on that. This is about my constitutional right to bear arms, which I swore an oath to support and protect. You are not going to change my mind and I will do no better changing yours, I am going to agree to disagree with you that's about as good as it's going to get.

I do respect your opinion on the matter, but really it's none of your concern.
ssj3barua

Bertster7 wrote:

I don't particularly care whether people in the US run around killing each other with guns. But school massacres like in Columbine and Virginia and not pleasant occurences. I'd prefer them not to happen.

There was a school shooting once in the UK, in Dunblane. Then much stricter guns laws were brought in and guess what? It hasn't ever happened again.

But if you value gun ownership over personal safety that's your choice, it's a stupid choice, but it's yours to make.
If it wasn't a firearm it would have been something else like say, explosives. When there are people willing to commit such atrocities they will find a means to do it, guns or no guns.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard