S4INT05
+1|6722|79605, TX
As many of you may know, today marks the anniversary of the death of Dimebag Darrell Abbott. For those of you who don't - he was the lead guitarist of Pantera and Damageplan, a legendary guitarist in the metal realm. he was onstage performing in a Columbus, Ohio club when gunman Nathan Gale shot and killed the guitarist, a security guard Jeffrey Tompson, club employee Erin Halk, and fan Nathan Bray. Gale was reportedly an obsessive Pantera fan, a revelation that only adds a sick ironic twist to Dime's shocking and senseless death. Dime grew up in Arlington, TX and attended Bowie HS where he shared a class with my mother. She was shocked to hear of his death the next day and broke into tears when she heard the news. Dime will remain a legend, a metal god. This dude fuckin pwnz all you!

RIP DIME! \m/ ~.~ \m/
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6774|The Hague, Holland
My respects.
BigSwoll
+0|6706|Gahanna, Ohio
I was at the Mudvayne/Sevendust concert Wednesday night and they played Pantera between band sets.  All the bands had things to say about the Dimebag.
S4INT05
+1|6722|79605, TX
hell yea \m/

every concert i have been to after that night, every band dedicated something to Dime. Lamb of God did, a band from midland called Pumpjack did, mudvayne (they're good live) and slipknot did as well. it's crazy to hear how much respect that man has through the metal community.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard