mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6732|Sydney, Australia

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

Yes totally agree. Australia is a Secular State with Laws created by Parliament. Sharia Law has no standing. Those Muslims that dont agree with Australian Laws SHOULD leave.
QFE!

The problem, however, is that some elements of the Liberal Party and nearly the entire Christian Democrat Party are comprised of radical christians. That's not totally secular.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6498|Melbourne

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

Yes totally agree. Australia is a Secular State with Laws created by Parliament. Sharia Law has no standing. Those Muslims that dont agree with Australian Laws SHOULD leave.
QFFT!!!
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Superglueman
+21|6371|The Great South Land
But to add something....

In 1981 when i was in first class, there was a arab girl that stole one of the goldfish from the class fishbowl by putting it her pocket(the teacher later made her take it out in front of the class)...

...she also at a different time ate a black crayon...
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6669|Australia

mcminty wrote:

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

QFE!

The problem, however, is that some elements of the Liberal Party and nearly the entire Christian Democrat Party are comprised of radical christians. That's not totally secular.
Very wise. +1

I support the deportation of ANYONE who has such a fundamental problem with our laws, whether they are Muslim, Christian or otherwise. It just seems that the Muslims are the most vocal about it.

I know plenty of Muslims, and 95% of them are really good guys who respect and who are loyal to Australia and its laws and values - some moreso than a few anglo-saxon mates of mine. Its just a pity that the minority of bad eggs have such a loud voice - damaging the image of the majority, who are law abiding and law respecting people.

Back to the original post - very funny. Like Muslim fishermen who procreated with aboriginals 1000 years ago has any affect on the domestic laws of Australia - especially after Terra Nullius...although they COULD try something like Mabo did....
cospengle
+140|6498|Armidale, NSW, Australia

ATG wrote:

After all, they were there first, right?
You make a very strong argument.
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6855|Waikato, Aotearoa

Burwhale the Avenger wrote:

I worked with a Muslim for the last 4 years. He is the nicest guy you could hope to meet. When he hears about statements from the Mufti you can see his heart almost breaking coz he knows it will relect on him. Unfortunately its not Muslims that are the problem, its idiot Bogans. They are the biggest problem regardless of if they are Muslim, European, Asian , or whatever. This guy just wants to live a quiet life with his family, he has never forced his beliefs down our throat. I think we should stop tarring all these guys with the one brush, as I know that there are heaps more like him!
Oh yeah totally. I gotta agree with you there. As a whole Im not against Muslims either, just those that migrate to a new country and then try to force Islam down that Country's throat. I mean how would Iran like it if 3 million Aussies went over there and tried to force the Aussie way of life down THEIR throat?
Get what I mean??
mcminty

neon_flux601 wrote:

In the aftermath we have the same problems and they need to be addressed in a different way than meeting them on the beach for a biff.

You know what the problem with 'Multicultural' Australia is?

It's the segregation, racism and xenophobia.

It continues to be swept under the rug.
Too. Fucking. True!

While multiculturalism would work in theory, the members of a particular ethnicity so clump together (segregate) into their own communities. In Sydney you have areas like:
  • Eastwood - Asian (mainly Chinese?)
  • Lakemba - Lebanese
  • Leichhardt - Italian

The xenophobia angle is well and truly covered my the Rev. Fred Nile(see Christian Democrat Party). He is afraid of Muslim immigration and proposed a moratorium to stop it (all). Due to his standing in the community, as a political figure and religious leader, his xenophobic attitude is somewhat being accepted my the general white community.

This attitude towards the Muslim population in Sydney has caused some elements to react with crime; for them to disrespect our laws, culture and history. Prime examples of this can be seen in the video called "Wogs all ova Sydney". To me, as a 'white Australian', I find the message they are sending to be highly offensive. Hell, I'd fucking deport the makers of this video if I could (listen to the lyrics).

The main problems occur between the 'surfy culture' and the 'Muslim culture'. That being said, I'm not part of either (I live in the Hills Districts of Sydney).

Anyway, this problem is a serious one that needs to be dealt with soon, instead of being "swept under the rug".

Was that some sort of rant...?

Mcminty.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6572

Sentinel wrote:

It just seems that the Muslims are the most vocal about it.
No, Muslims are the ones John Howard doesn't agree with.  Howard is best buddies with Christian conservatives, and allows Christian beliefs to determine law (sp. gay marriage and euthanasia).
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6561|CH/BR - in UK

This is just another "it depends" argument, because you can never agree on sending all of one belief away, as there will always be offenders and those who have nothing to do with the situation.

-konfusion
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6727
I'm against all radicals. Howard's being a dick lately. Stopping immagration from certain races etc.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6821|Nårvei

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

I'm against all radicals. Howard's being a dick lately. Stopping immagration from certain races etc.
Funny you would making a post about someone being a dick lately ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6727

Varegg wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Oh please, you actually believed that I burnt down a moped? Stop derailing kthnxbai.

On the issue: I believe that Australian shouldn't follow any law that has anything to do with religion, may it be gay marriage, women's rights etc.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6669|Australia

mcminty wrote:

While multiculturalism would work in theory, the members of a particular ethnicity so clump together (segregate) into their own communities. In Sydney you have areas like:
  • Lakemba - Lebanese
  • Leichhardt - Italian

Mcminty.
Lakemba? What about Bankstown, Punchbowl, Wiley Park, Canterbury and Granville - maybe even Auburn. lol

But you are right. I am Lebanese, and i live slap bang in the middle of those areas. Segregation occured because Multiculturalism didnt work from the beginning. People wouldnt have to segregate if they were in a truly Multicultural society - immigrants needed support, being in a new country and all, and they got it from each other. It MIGHT begin to work in the future, after a few generations have gone through the lines.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6821|Nårvei

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Varegg wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Oh please, you actually believed that I burnt down a moped? Stop derailing kthnxbai.

On the issue: I believe that Australian shouldn't follow any law that has anything to do with religion, may it be gay marriage, women's rights etc.
Did i mention any one episode ? ... wouldn`t be fair to your rep to only mention one episode

.... and as far as derailment goes i have a long way to go before i surpass you me thinks !

Last edited by Varegg (2007-04-16 01:55:40)

Wait behind the line ..............................................................
BVC
+325|6707

mcminty wrote:

This attitude towards the Muslim population in Sydney has caused some elements to react with crime; for them to disrespect our laws, culture and history. Prime examples of this can be seen in the video called "Wogs all ova Sydney". To me, as a 'white Australian', I find the message they are sending to be highly offensive. Hell, I'd fucking deport the makers of this video if I could (listen to the lyrics).
"Scattered along the beach, your friends and family
Just like that war in Gallopoli, we'll bring back a fuckin memory"

This bit makes my blood boil...
mcminty

Sentinel wrote:

mcminty wrote:

• Lakemba - Lebanese
  • Leichhardt - Italian

Mcminty.
Lakemba? What about Bankstown, Punchbowl, Wiley Park, Canterbury and Granville - maybe even Auburn. lol

But you are right. I am Lebanese, and i live slap bang in the middle of those areas. Segregation occured because Multiculturalism didnt work from the beginning. People wouldnt have to segregate if they were in a truly Multicultural society - immigrants needed support, being in a new country and all, and they got it from each other. It MIGHT begin to work in the future, after a few generations have gone through the lines.
To be honest, I was doing them off the top of my head (remembering from my HSC geography class). But yes, you are totally correct.

Mcminty.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6501|Gogledd Cymru

Pubic wrote:

Mexicans were in many southern states before Euro-americans were there, I guess theres a case to be made for border-jumping.
not really, due to the fact that the mexicans sold the land to the europeans emigrating there

Last edited by surgeon_bond (2007-04-16 03:37:07)

Ratzinger
+43|6403|Wollongong, NSW, Australia

Sentinel wrote:

mcminty wrote:

• Lakemba - Lebanese
  • Leichhardt - Italian

Mcminty.

It has worked, it does work, and it will work. The Italians and Greeks from the 50s and 60s are Aussie enough to bitch about the Vietnamese in the 70s and 80s, right up to now. Of course you don't hear the Vietnamese bitching about anyone, cos most of em work 672 hours a week, and they're too cultured to talk about other races in public.

But the Anglos are still stuck on the old "Empire" model, and think Britain still rules the world (through the Yanks), and so the wogs are from bits of the globe that don't count. So you get your Cronullas occurring, usually in areas where the education level has slipped a bit, and your average tradesman only reads the Telegraph, and listens to Alan Jones while he's mixing concrete; you have to accept its not his fault for believing what he's told, but racism is so ugly and dumb that its hard not to cringe a bit.

Here in Wollongong we pretty much have it...you still get young hoons but the only time it gets racial is maybe the Serbs and Croats have a go at each other sometimes, but it tends to be the less mature members of the community, and its not real big.

I must say that some of the earlier posts had me cringing a bit....
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6333|Orrstrayleea
It is hard for anyone but those who are afected (australians- me) by their presence to make judgement about these people. .
If all of you had had a family member or friends put in hostpital after an islamic/muslim attack then you would be with me on this, beleive me, nothing would anger you more than seeing  friends/family on crutches and eating soup for a month after being bashed by 10-15 muslims with baseball bats
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6264|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27

Superglueman wrote:

But to add something....

In 1981 when i was in first class, there was a arab girl that stole one of the goldfish from the class fishbowl by putting it her pocket(the teacher later made her take it out in front of the class)...

...she also at a different time ate a black crayon...
**shakes fist**  ''Them thieving fucking Arabs!''
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6417|NSW, Australia

there was a video on youtube filmed at my high school not to long ago(it was removed), when 40 or so people with Lebanese backgrounds came down to the soccer Field at my school and started to beat up 7 white kids just cause they were white. Yes there is lots of racial tension at my school and i agree with neon_flux and mcminty cause soon it will get worse, fist fights aren't so bad but soon it will escalate so yes we need to stop sweeping this issue under rug.
sydroost
+1|6251
Whether it is the muslims with their bats or the asians with their knives they are all breaking the law and they know they are but they dont respecct the law because their religious leaders dont repspect the law and thats what most of them care about. It all comes down to religion and how it has screwed up society. Screw all religion.

SCIENCE IS THE ONLY ANSWER!
~FuzZz~
+422|6333|Orrstrayleea
Umm, this may not be the best example but do you guys remember the loud mouth liberal quite a few years back by the name of Pauline Hanson? , yep, her.

Remember what she was criticised for back then, telling everyone that australia was going to be full of immigrants and refugges, and there was going to be racial tension?

Well, my hat goes off to her, she was the most racist politician i have ever seen, but it worked, she was right, she was living in the reall world, the voters were not.
~FuzZz~
+422|6333|Orrstrayleea

sydroost wrote:

Whether it is the muslims with their bats or the asians with their knives they are all breaking the law and they know they are but they dont respecct the law because their religious leaders dont repspect the law and thats what most of them care about. It all comes down to religion and how it has screwed up society. Screw all religion.

SCIENCE IS THE ONLY ANSWER!
Yep, exactly +1
BVC
+325|6707

surgeon_bond wrote:

not really, due to the fact that the mexicans sold the land to the europeans emigrating there
I'd hardly call it "selling".  US goes in with a paltry amount of money and a big army in an attempt to "buy" some land...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard