<eN>Madcat
+2|6849
has anyone who has not played SF gone to an internet cafe which has it, let it give you the unlocks, and then play using them on the original? is it possible?
=SoG=PredatoR
+3|6765|Austin, Texas
That would be awesome if it worked!
<eN>Madcat
+2|6849
so has anyone tried, i sure as hell am, next stop at cafe for me should be a bit after or a bit before the 23rd
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6797|Singapore

Sounds like a bloody good idea!
ifixphns2
+3|6723|Evanston, WY
be sure to keep us updated on this!
Heffty
+9|6776|Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I just had my budy type my account name and pass on his computer and it wouldn't even let him log my name in. He has SF and I thought it might work but it did not. Maybe we needed to do something other than just typing my name and pass in.
||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6789
yes it will work...

Heffty wrote:

I just had my budy type my account name and pass on his computer and it wouldn't even let him log my name in. He has SF and I thought it might work but it did not. Maybe we needed to do something other than just typing my name and pass in.
then he mistyped...

Last edited by ||BFA||xZeler8 (2005-12-09 06:26:00)

<eN>Madcat
+2|6849
hehe, this might take a tiny while, really.
do i need to have previous unlock to get SF unlock.
ie. i want f2000, but i don't have g3.

Last edited by <eN>Madcat (2005-12-09 10:47:43)

Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6828
You need to have the normal unlocks for the kits as asked, in order to unlock the 2nd weapon for that kit. (2nd = the SF unlock you can use in BF2.)

And that's pretty lame too. At least for the people who bought the game.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6753

It works and is hardly lame considering you're only using the unlocks in BF2 where you can level the playing field.

How many SF gun kills do you see in vanilla BF2 now compared to the old unlocks? The screen is peppered with it constantly. I think this is a great solution to the money scheme EA is currently implementing. At least we don't pay by the month though lmao.
Fusionacid
+0|6759
if we go to a cafe and play w/ bf2SF, do we need to have the 1.12 patch installed or can it be normal install. I doubt the damn internet cafe's install patches and stuff. someone confirm plz.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6772|Dallas
One of my buddies just confirmed it.  He went to an internet cafe, logged on and 3 unlocks instantly popped up.  He unlocked them, payed for his time, came over to my house and PRESTO!!  He had 3 new SF unlocks and no game!

I wish I would have thought of it earlier, I hate SF.  Anybody wanna buy my copy?  10 bucks.
Stasiek
Pojebany Hlop
+1|6847|Sicily, Italy
sweet..guy

i got to get on a pc with sf, i planned on getting it some time soon but now with this info i will get it some time later
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6828

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

It works and is hardly lame considering you're only using the unlocks in BF2 where you can level the playing field.

How many SF gun kills do you see in vanilla BF2 now compared to the old unlocks? The screen is peppered with it constantly. I think this is a great solution to the money scheme EA is currently implementing. At least we don't pay by the month though lmao.
Seems like your just a cheap ass to me. And WTF is "vanilla bf2"? I never understood why people use that gay sounding name. Its BF2 or BF2SF.

And every weapon is balanced pretty much, every SF weapon has its downfalls. I'll still own you and everyone else with my M16A2 anyway.

Last edited by Ryan_Mercury (2005-12-09 21:00:31)

mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6729|Sydney, Australia

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

And WTF is "vanilla bf2"? I never understood why people use that gay sounding name. Its BF2 or BF2SF.
Vanilla as in normal or plain...
deject
Got His War On
+37|6782|Golden, CO

Cougar wrote:

One of my buddies just confirmed it.  He went to an internet cafe, logged on and 3 unlocks instantly popped up.  He unlocked them, payed for his time, came over to my house and PRESTO!!  He had 3 new SF unlocks and no game!

I wish I would have thought of it earlier, I hate SF.  Anybody wanna buy my copy?  10 bucks.
how much for shipping to Colorado?  Also, I will be in Oklahoma over Christmas, so I could get it there too.  I'd be all over that...
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6772|Dallas
Where in Oklahoma?
<eN>Madcat
+2|6849
SCORE ONE for my genuis mind , i really cannot wait
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6800|Jupiter
I Have SF hate its, its pretty lame if you ask me. not worth the 30 bucks... but i am not poor, so what ever.
skizzz
+22|6817|Moore, Oklahoma
hehe yeah it works, my brother logged in for me, but I eventually bought the game anyhow.
<eN>Madcat
+2|6849
maybe i can get this stickied

Last edited by <eN>Madcat (2005-12-10 15:18:18)

[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6753

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

Seems like your just a cheap ass to me. And WTF is "vanilla bf2"? I never understood why people use that gay sounding name. Its BF2 or BF2SF.

And every weapon is balanced pretty much, every SF weapon has its downfalls. I'll still own you and everyone else with my M16A2 anyway.
Vanilla... like vanilla ice cream, it's such a hard metaphor to grasp.

Anywho, sounds like your bitter you forked over 30 bucks looool. What's wrong with being cheap when EA is delivering a relatively beta product? What's next, paying 10 dollars for patch 1.13 to fix the bugs? I'm actually sure that would work.
TigrisJK
+3|6734
It's worth the $30, but if people don't want to play with the new maps and features, they shouldn't have to pay a penalty in the game they actually *did* pay for by not being able to use all the weapons in the game.

As far as the vanilla metaphor: It's been used in video games as far as I can remember... from vanilla Red Alert and StarCraft (rather than Aftermath or Brood Wars, respectively) to vanilla Battlefield 2 here rather than Battlefield 2: Special Forces. It's a gaming term that's been around for ages, and it works rather well for describing what you are speaking of, especially when the expansion has been out for a long time and it's the lines between the games are blurring, like it did with StarCraft. It got to the point where "I'm going to play StarCraft now" generally meant that you were off to play StarCraft: Brood Wars, and vanilla StarCraft was rarely ever played at all, especially after they started bundling the games.

Last edited by TigrisJK (2005-12-12 05:33:41)

Metaltop
+1|6771|The Netherlands
It works,, even works to let a friend play SF with your account.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard