BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6578|United States
As we all know, ASUS manuals suck and I have a bit of a problem that I can't figure out. Any help is much appreciated.

I'm trying to flash the BIOS for a P5N32-E SLI board via means of the EZ Flash 2 Utility. The BIOS version is the version right above my current one, and I have it saved on a 1GB USB flash stick. Now, when I enter the EZ flash menu, find the file, and attempt to load it I keep getting an error saying that the file doesn't contain a boot signature. I can't find anything that explains what that is or what the problem is. Many thanks.
Warlord
Divine Ruler
+37|6390|Afghanistan

BeerzGod wrote:

As we all know, ASUS manuals suck and I have a bit of a problem that I can't figure out. Any help is much appreciated.

I'm trying to flash the BIOS for a P5N32-E SLI board via means of the EZ Flash 2 Utility. The BIOS version is the version right above my current one, and I have it saved on a 1GB USB flash stick. Now, when I enter the EZ flash menu, find the file, and attempt to load it I keep getting an error saying that the file doesn't contain a boot signature. I can't find anything that explains what that is or what the problem is. Many thanks.
Try during the POST pressing Alt+F2 then going into the EZ Flash 2 in bios and try again. If you can't get it to work you might have to flash/download the latest bios to default settings and then reboot. Which bios version do you have?

If that doesn't work reset your CMOS, although you shouldn't have to go that far.

This overview might help you out (visually)...

~ W
Sheky
+6|6546|London, England.
I've got an ASUS m/b and had a similar problem. If you have any extra ram take it out and try it then...Also if all else fails go on ebay and buy a new BIOS chip for about $5, thats what I did in the end.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6578|United States
I have whatever the default bios version is. 0602 I believe. I'm doing the Alt+F2.. it checks the correct file, then keeps popping up the same error... "file contains no boot signature." Starting to piss me off because it's doing the same thing with different versions of the bios aswell. I really dont think resetting the CMOS will do anything. This mobo is brand new and I just got everything installed on a new HD today, etc.
Warlord
Divine Ruler
+37|6390|Afghanistan

BeerzGod wrote:

I have whatever the default bios version is. 0602 I believe. I'm doing the Alt+F2.. it checks the correct file, then keeps popping up the same error... "file contains no boot signature." Starting to piss me off because it's doing the same thing with different versions of the bios aswell. I really dont think resetting the CMOS will do anything. This mobo is brand new and I just got everything installed on a new HD today, etc.
You need version 1002 ... and yes, ASUS documentation is not so good... keep me posted.

~ W
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6578|United States
1002 is the first one I tried to update it to when I got the error, and after asking around I was told that when flashing a bios that it's always better to update it one or two levels above the default, then one or two more levels again until you have the newest one. Apparently it's not such a good idea to update to the newest one right off the bat. Still having problems though. Nobody seems to know or is able to explain the boot signature shit.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6422|Finland

hmm, use the asus update utility in windows. that worked for me
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6501|N. Ireland
Or download ASUS ROM thing. Flash through Windows.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6578|United States
I used the ASUSUpdater in Windows and loaded the file and flashed the BIOS. Everything appeared fine, but when the system rebooted, my graphics drivers were messed up and none of the USB ports on the motherboard worked, so I was without mouse and/or keyboard use. Rebooted and tried to hit DEL to go into the setup which worked fine for some reason... checked my bios settings, etc. then saved and exited... same thing happened. For some reason after post it was disabling the usb ports. Cleared the CMOS and rest everything and it appears that everything is working fine at the moment. Running the 1002 version of the bios and all usb ports/drives are working. Oh fucking well I guess. I appreciate all the help guys.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard